Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

How did Lilisette seal away Atomos?

In the cut-scenes of the Wings of the Goddess mission 'Maiden of the Dusk', Lilith tells Lilisette that the two timelines can co-exist if Atomos is sealed away from both ends, so as to avoid the timelines from conflicting.

Before Lilisette crosses over to the world of strife, she asks you to help her do this. She will seal off the maws, and so will you. Then they will, over the course of decades, turn to stone and stop working.

But, it's never explained how we are meant to do this? And because the missions end shortly afterwards, we're never actually seen to keep our promise.

Did I miss something, or was this never explained?

If anyone could shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it.
    (0)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Spoilers here, has Seekers of Audolin mission storyline, if you have not gotten to "Twin world trees" and beyond proceed with caution unless you don't mind spoilery theories.

Highlight below for spoilers
    I have a strange feeling that the reason the mother tree is dead and its other dieing is not *just* because of the orcs burning it down, you see it explains that a "darkness" is corrupting it (and has) it could be the work of the maw we where supposed to seal off in our world, and she is having trouble closing it off in her world, but ether way this story seems to want to once again go into the "the world is going to end! and only YOU can save us!" not that I'm complaining cause so far I really like this expansion (story wise) lots of lore to it with some silliness mixed in. Plus we never kept our promise to Lion ether (sadly) about going on a cruse with her.
    (2)

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I haven't actually got that far but I already knew that stuff because my friend told me!

Interesting theory, although wouldn't that mean this is the first expansion to directly continue from the end of a different expansion's story?
    (0)

Player
    That depends how you look at it, since Rise & Chains meet up at one point and become a singular story, even though till that point they are separate I suppose. I think of them as a single story together, they interact in some way, where as Treasures doesn't have any story significance with Rise or Chains so far as I know, and the same can be said of Wings, if I am wrong, please correct me.
    (0)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If you did the missions backwards (finish wotg before toau) they kind of tie in, the part when the Imp (forgot his name, worked for the Shadow lord and then Luzaf) says something like "Where have I seen this person before?" thats about it though. But you can make the connection if you did it in the "right order" too but thats about it, just the Imp.
    (0)

Player
    True, but can you really count comments or changes like that into things? I mean they are a nice touch and pop up in many places, like Abyssea, VW, ToAU, and so on, but I can not say they really tie the story together unless they do something relevant. In the case of the RotZ/CoP finale it takes place in the story, and adds to it, but comments like the ones your talking about are more often than not based off if you did another mission or something yet. They really don't change anything they say except a line or two being added or changed to convey they have not met you before, which does not really tie the stories together unless if you count the single element that never changes in the games story, which is that we, the player, bind the story.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Without sayin what it actually was, I thought i remember Odin having a little bit of a role near the end of Wotg. and that he was behind a couple other things, that i cant think of off hand. Since odin is a major player in aht urgan i wouldnt say it didnt have any connections to other stories. It been a couple years or more since i finished wotg tho so my memory may be a bit foggy.
    (0)

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Odin is the source of basically all the problems in Vana'diel. He appeared before Raogrimm and turned him into the Shadow Lord (which caused Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche to awaken), he made alt-Lilisette into Lilith and formed pacts with Ragelise and Portia, he had a pact with Luzaf, I'm just waiting for him to pop up in Seekers of Adoulin. Seems likely considering we have 'Yggdrasil' and you know how Odin likes to destroy trees.

But anyway, back to the original topic. I seriously want to know... I'm wondering if the delayed Cait Sith and Atomos summoner quests were supposed to tie up this loose end?
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafrein View Post
    Odin is the source of basically all the problems in Vana'diel. He appeared before Raogrimm and turned him into the Shadow Lord (which caused Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche to awaken), he made alt-Lilisette into Lilith and formed pacts with Ragelise and Portia, he had a pact with Luzaf, I'm just waiting for him to pop up in Seekers of Adoulin. Seems likely considering we have 'Yggdrasil' and you know how Odin likes to destroy trees.

But anyway, back to the original topic. I seriously want to know... I'm wondering if the delayed Cait Sith and Atomos summoner quests were supposed to tie up this loose end?
    But if Odin were to be involved in Adoulin, Alexander shouldn't be far behind... and Adoulin hasn't shown much in the way of automaton technology (other then two animators). Rala Waterways has some decent mechanical engineering, but nothing beyond the level of Bastok.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"