Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ralys
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've seen a few new people around since I started leveling with some newbie friends I dragged into the game with me. I've also seen people shouting for stuff that someone with a 90 job or high-level friends could solo (limit breaks, coffer keys, etc.).

I do think it's unfortunate that Abyssea makes it possible for someone to level a job from 30 to 90 without ever interacting with a single new person but I don't know if that necessarily ruined it. Subscriptions were dwindling long before Abyssea; all Abyssea did was provide a scapegoat. I think the exp boost and FoV fix was a step in the right direction in making the game newbie-friendly. It's easy as hell to duo/trio up to 10k or more an hour at level 20 or 30 now if you know where to go... which seems like something a forum like this could provide.

Given the exp boost, Fields of Valor, and Level Sync (as well as the upcoming AH merger), this game is a hell of a lot more newbie friendly than it was when I started four years ago. Abyssea doesn't matter; the people who leech all their jobs to 90 in Abyssea probably wouldn't spend a lot of their time in pick-up groups sharing advice with new people anyway.
    (1)

Character
    Jerritt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Yopop View Post
    They sit and ask for help 24/7 instead of trying to learn the game themselves and grow. They sit and shout for help in Jeuno, they then go online and maybe buy gil so they have money to pay people to let them join in Abyssea parties.
    This has been a problem with some people since the day I started. Some people just have no initiative and want everything handed to them. That will never change no matter what the game is. I do agree that they are perhaps leveling so quickly they do not understand the jobs, but you had that with AFB parties before, so this is nothing new either.

I saw a post by someone once that said "They were happy for the decrease in time it took to get to 90 because the bulk of the people in the game have been here a while and it shouldn't take forever to get a new job up to cap once there." I kind of agree with it. It's become a lot easier and faster to get to 90, but then this game has been out a long time and I think they are more focused now on making the vets happy, which is a good thing. New people will adjust or leave. Back in the day, new people would leave because it "took too long" or "was too hard". There is always a reason for someone to leave and you can't make everybody happy.
    (2)

Character
    Kogenta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Corres View Post
    yes!

and no, his was not sarcastic. if you would visit the old cities like windurst or bastok youm would see them wandering helpless around knowing not what to do.
    Hi Corres <3

To answer this thread: on ragnarok there are a lot of newbies, more than i ever saw. I often help people to do genkais, Nyzul climb, Cop, ZM. Not sure about the situation on other servers, but on ragnarok there is definitely a consistent new playerbase.
    (0)

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I will say that I've even said that many times.

I've played a very long time and I used to dread playing other jobs because I did not want to spend 12 hours in a party to get a few merits or a couple levels.

Before they added the ToAU besides us stealing the mana burn idea from gil farmers it would take us crazy hours to get merits and levels. Then when ToAU came out I leveled BRD to 75 in 4 weeks which was crazy for that time.

Now I can level jobs that I know how to play in a few days and get on with doing other content in the game. I just feel that the players that are Post-ToAU and Abyssea are missing out on really learning how to play the game and enjoying some aspects they are not being exposed to.
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Of course theres going to be new players. This is a Final Fantasy title afterall. My son age 9 is just starting to get into them and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays 11. Well aslong as the servers are up and running by then lol.
    (0)

Character
    Jerritt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 23
    I have also been noticing an influx of older players coming back as well. This will help the new players too, especially if some of the older player are leveling new jobs as well.
    (0)

Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm on leviathan and have helped loads of newbies.
    I even have jobs at lvl 10 that I plan to get to 60 or 90 some day.
    Almost got war to 60 and that was lvl 20 a week ago.

I've been doing level sync party's recently and also can solo on bst all the nation mission to 10 with certain degree of difficulty or ease.

So there are ppl with low lvl jobs still or ppl willing to help, if them self are free.
    (1)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The thing that I find funnier, I don't help new players with this as much as I help people who are in their 90's with CoP, ZM etc,

I've still never done Nyzul though, I've not done a lot in that ToAU zone, but it looks nice though

Quote Originally Posted by Kogenta View Post
    Hi Corres <3

To answer this thread: on ragnarok there are a lot of newbies, more than i ever saw. I often help people to do genkais, Nyzul climb, Cop, ZM. Not sure about the situation on other servers, but on ragnarok there is definitely a consistent new playerbase.
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Character
    Lukielucas
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Only problem I have since i have been playing this game for 2 years is the fact that you have a lot of people who have no clue in what they are doing, That being said SE really need to update Nyzle Isle or at least make it soloable cos I'm finding it difficult grabbing a group of experienced people that's willing to help out as I'm stuck on Floor 55... although my LS and I do it from time to time.... I'm just sick of people disbanding parties when they fail a floor.... especially on a Lamp Order floor cos that's a real pain in the backside lol
    (1)

Player
    And the problem's gotten worse with Abyssea -- you basically get a job to 30 and leech the crap out of stuff until they throw you out or you pay them or whatever...
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast