Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Any low man plasm options?

Are there any? It has become kinda annoying in game. Its mostly only boss type runs now, but if you don't already have the top equips, you cant get in. Plasm farming runs in delve are becoming rarer and rarer by the day. And even then, ppl are still ultra picky about equip. Most wont let ppl in unless they have boss type or upgraded plasm equip already as well. Which is kinda self defeating. Not saying the requests arnt without some merit, but for any player that reaches this point in the game and needs to start there plasm life, options are very limited.

And the only player response of 'well go lvl a new job' is rather insulting. A player could have eight 99's but none equipped well enough to enter, and thats all they here: 'go lvl another one'. The idea of, after all that, having to lvl another job, spell it up (if applicable), skill it up, and equip it up (and hope its enough to enter), and hope its still a wanted job by the time your done. All this just to be able to farm is a bit much. While leveling necessary jobs for an event is necessary at times, this time it is a bit excessive. And even if you don't think so, with less farming runs all the time, it soon wont matter anyway. (And I'm sure most responses will only be slamming that rather then about the actual topic.)

But due to things like that, i was wondering if there are any viable, or going to be any viable, low man plasm options. (And spending millions on shards does not count.)
    (4)

Did you do any of the mega boss naakuals? You could always make your own plasm farming run. Give me a shout if you do (I'll keep you in mind for mine if I do): 99RNG and 99BLM
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Ive done all my naakuals. The plasm thing is just something Ive noticed. Granted i always need more. But for anyone just reaching the starting point, they could find them selves a bit screwed'
    (0)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post
    Are there any? It has become kinda annoying in game. Its mostly only boss type runs now, but if you don't already have the top equips, you cant get in. Plasm farming runs in delve are becoming rarer and rarer by the day.
    3 man: BRD DD Healer gives you about 3k points. Kill matamata + NQs mobs in morimar.

6 man: BRD and/or COR, DDx2 Healerx2 do 4 NMs for 7k or just NQ mobs for 5k.
    (0)

Character
    Amymy
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    There's no way he can do a low man 6 member to fight the nq bosses. He's not delve ready.

Your only option is to level support job or start your own plasm run unfortunately. There is no other option. Be persistent be a leader. Gather the people that are in your same situation. Help yourself and help out each other. Best of luck.

For the people who are not delve ready and wants to start on delve as a dd check out this situation. The party in main room consist of 2 dds 1 gimp dd white Mage Cor and bard. The 2 dds parse 552,000 and 585,000 while the gimp dd parse 107,000. That 107,000 doesn't help much. The other 2 dd picked up the slack.
    Now imagine if all 3 dds are gimp. What happens then? White mage will run out of mp leading to wipes leading to low plasms. When joining a event I would like to contribute not have others pick up my slack. We all started as supports or rem weapons dds to get our delve equips. Well now is all supprt for starters.

Please consider leveling a support job for delve it will prove useful to you anyway. Especially if you after megaboss KI.
    (1)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Many augmented Skirmish +1 weapons are equal to or greater than their T1-5 Delve counterparts and provide a good stepping stone to get your foot in the door. They're also insanely easy to make. Might want to try that.
    (1)

Character
    Warmage
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasch View Post
    Many augmented Skirmish +1 weapons are equal to or greater than their T1-5 Delve counterparts and provide a good stepping stone to get your foot in the door. They're also insanely easy to make. Might want to try that.
    This.

No reason a person can't or shouldn't be 119 with skirmish gear(4/5 is usually enough for 119 delve) and weapon within 2-3 weeks. So what if you parse 10%-15% less than a R/E/M monk with Delve/AF/Relic 119 gear sets (with skill and all other things even outside of body slots and without augs on the skirmish gears), any good party leader should be able to find ways to compensate for that if needed, that difference shouldn't cost you a win in 119 delve content - if it does you were more than likely going to lose the run anyway. With good augs the diff can be even less. And 119 delves are still winnable buy a 113 (12 man) group with the right strategy. People need to take the skirmish route if they cant get into a delve run yet, to me 119 is 119 I can compensate in various ways to make up any differential at that point.

As for real lowmaning (6 members), I don't think its feasible. DDs get to much attention to not have the base stats that 119 gear provides. They would take to much damage in lowman and there is no "running away, see cover" in a lowman, since everyone is exposed. people really should be 118+ plus for that especially for delve content. Without the base stats like another poster said, player would literally be killing the whm as they would take increased damage and provide reduced DPS. So fights would last a lot longer and and the whm would have to heal more frequently stacked with an increased duration. If you really wanna grind it out, you take 2 whm 2DD and silencer/stunner and bard and bead 3 nms for the 119 a boss win. But even then people have to have the right sub jobs for some content and if they didn't take the time to get the easy (maybe tedious) to get 119 skirmish gear, wouldn't be a stretch to find that they probably did not unlock the proper sub jobs for the fight either. But meh, bead that s*it and get ur boss win,with the 100% bead drop its not as much of a time drain as it was before to farm them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raging_Oracle; 09-05-2014 at 01:33 PM.

There are many 117 pieces that can be acquired with sparks, and also some that you can get from the AH (HQs are 118). Not all pieces are useful for all jobs, but they all have plenty of stat vomit on them, and you cam generally get enough acc/store TP/DA/TA/QA from accessories from abyssea, AH or Sparks for a tojil run. Farming dyna for less than a week is more than enough to buy you a 119 weapon from the NPC in port jeuno too (I just bought 1 myself for 2 mil total). They're not brilliant for most jobs, but acceptable for a Tojil run.

The other delve runs are generally more difficult. Shark can wipe you easily, Bee has massive evasion, and the other 3 are a higher level.

Oh, and don't forget to take a variety of food, just in case. Stuff like that can be the difference between a 100k damage player and a 500k damage player lol.

And 1 last thing, from the point of view of a BRD... keep an eye on when the BRD is singing, and don't just run off (like right at the start!!)

Edit: For most jobs, at least 1 piece of either 119 relic or 119 AF gear will be best in slot, so look at what they offer, and spend a bit of cash upgrading the most important ones!
    (0)
    Last edited by Bebekeke; 09-05-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Player
    Even with little to no personal resources (if you already have a 99 job) you can level a job in a day, and the following ones are usable for delve by simply getting Empy gear in a couple days, tops, solo with just sparks gear.

Rdm with Empy gear, you don't need much skill to get max duration on Haste2 & Refresh2, Dia3 can't be resisted, you may not be able to land other debuffs, but you can cure and your most important debuff works fine, people will accept you.

Cor with Empy gear, long as you own all your rolls and sub Whm, people don't necessarily expect you to have proper DD gear, Empy gear to enhances your rolls reasonably well, buy the ring that enhances rolls with sparks.

Brd with Empy ear, as long as you have about 400 skill (combined singing+wind), most of your buffs are at full power iirc, that's pretty darn low and easy to skillup, Empy gear is still some of your best buffing gear, yes you're not going to be able to land a sleep/etc, but long as you're honest with that during party building, most people will still gladly accept you if you have the Eminent Flute (10k sparks) and the JSE Horn (about 3Mil gil to buy, kinda expensive I know, but with sparks gear you can farm dyna 2-3 times to get it, it's not -that- bad)

For these jobs you can simply make an all sparks gearset, and an all empy gearset (in the equipment sets tab) and swap to empy for buffing, sparks for defense if you need it.

There are plenty of balance issues and unfairness left in this game, and yes, it's too bad other jobs can't be of more use quickly but IMO this specific issue isn't all that bad. (though they still can without ever setting foot in delve, just not as quickly between AF/Relic reforge JSE weapons, Skirmish Weapons, WKR weapons, Skirmish gear, there's plenty of non-delve awesome gear, some of the best gear in the game you can get without ever having to join a party, it just takes longer that way)
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 09-05-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You can trade Copper AMAN Vouchers from Records of Eminence limited time challenges for plasm. Can get up to 5 of those in a day depending on your schedule (though if you have any real life responsibilities getting all 5 is kinda unlikely).
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast