Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Even with little to no personal resources (if you already have a 99 job) you can level a job in a day, and the following ones are usable for delve by simply getting Empy gear in a couple days, tops, solo with just sparks gear.

Rdm with Empy gear, you don't need much skill to get max duration on Haste2 & Refresh2, Dia3 can't be resisted, you may not be able to land other debuffs, but you can cure and your most important debuff works fine, people will accept you.

Cor with Empy gear, long as you own all your rolls and sub Whm, people don't necessarily expect you to have proper DD gear, Empy gear to enhances your rolls reasonably well, buy the ring that enhances rolls with sparks.

Brd with Empy ear, as long as you have about 400 skill (combined singing+wind), most of your buffs are at full power iirc, that's pretty darn low and easy to skillup, Empy gear is still some of your best buffing gear, yes you're not going to be able to land a sleep/etc, but long as you're honest with that during party building, most people will still gladly accept you if you have the Eminent Flute (10k sparks) and the JSE Horn (about 3Mil gil to buy, kinda expensive I know, but with sparks gear you can farm dyna 2-3 times to get it, it's not -that- bad)

For these jobs you can simply make an all sparks gearset, and an all empy gearset (in the equipment sets tab) and swap to empy for buffing, sparks for defense if you need it.
    The above comment is incorrect kinda...- - Unless you're doing delve2, RDM currently plays stunner role in 6 man pt, so you do need more than just dia3 and haste2.

In delve2 RDM has other roles, land eva down spell, nuke magic dmg in kamir, land dispel when needed.

Honestly, a RDM that only dia3 and haste2 is easily replaced.

COR is the same deal, it currently take away a DD role in a 6 man pt. Although SOME pt use 2 DD instead of 3, but personally I don't think it's as effective and they can easily replace a COR/WHM with something else.

BRD is a lot harder to replace than the above jobs. Copper AMAN Vouchers is really a good way to get some plasm.
    (0)

Player
    While all that is true, technically bard sleeps adds, and does Elegy, and bard debuffs are important on Taxet, and yes, distract is nice, frazzle is nice, -someone- has to be able to blind Tutewehiwehi, land debuffs on Squid, Gnat etc etc.

My point is, I've seen and been in PLENTY of groups that take a Brd, Rdm, or Cor that can only buff, their other gear/skill not being up to snuff, and everything goes just fine, just be up front with your leader, and let him know someone else has to take that duty if it's needed on whatever run you're doing.

Will they take a support job more prepared than you if one comes their way? Sure, but I've seen plenty of support jobs at this level taken and things go off fine.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2