Thread: Merge System

Merge System

Instead of opening the game for leechers SE should have keep on extending the game.
    Beside new areas and Quests/Storylines, my main idea whould be the merge system i thought of.
    Couldnt find a way to upload pictures to this forum. So here a link to a picture of the idea.
    I want to hear if you like it, dislike it, or have ideas of changes which whould made it even better, parts i maybe forgot.
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-9340676/Merges.png.html
    (0)

2. 03-24-2011 04:49 AM

Definately has potential, but idk if they'd seriously consider it. Kinda think they've already done that with some advanced jobs--DRK and SCH come to mind. RDM is kind of a hybrid job too I guess, even though it isn't an advanced job. Any new jobs they would be able to add with an expansion would likely follow suit and have a mix of exisiting jobs again (to some degree).
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Chronofantasy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
    Yay! another wortheless thread.

But I do agree on expanding new areas

I'm tired of lazy copy/paste, parallell universe, time travel, worlds gonna end, copy/paste worlds.

Maws need to be killed and buried where they stand. whats next, a world where mandys were all the evolution dominate alpha mandy? ohhh lets run around in a mandy world with mandy crystals next.

NEW ZONES, not Copy/Paste ones. THANKYOU
    That Mandy idea reminds me of a random quest I did involving present and past Windy where there's plant-type monsters and I think there was a sapling in it which grows to be a treant in the present day.
    (0)

Character
    Aisubeki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzone View Post
    Instead of opening the game for leechers SE should have keep on extending the game.
    Beside new areas and Quests/Storylines, my main idea whould be the merge system i thought of.
    Couldnt find a way to upload pictures to this forum. So here a link to a picture of the idea.
    I want to hear if you like it, dislike it, or have ideas of changes which whould made it even better, parts i maybe forgot.
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-9340676/Merges.png.html
    no, merging jobs would only further reduce the need for certain jobs, making them virtually unplayable or dead. job and subjob is already enough of a 'merge' of two jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronofantasy View Post
    That Mandy idea reminds me of a random quest I did involving present and past Windy where there's plant-type monsters and I think there was a sapling in it which grows to be a treant in the present day.
    The Adventures of Babban Ny Mheillea ;D
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Andylynn View Post
    no, merging jobs would only further reduce the need for certain jobs, making them virtually unplayable or dead. job and subjob is already enough of a 'merge' of two jobs.
    Why do you think it whould make a job not neccesary, its more the opossite, you could merge a job to be more usefull for pt. IF DRG whould have probs to get a place you merge with a Warrior job and become a Dragonaxe or something like that, you chose Provoke and call Wyvern as your Abilitys, take, Great Axe as your main weapon skill and use best axe Warrior can wear, and mix out fo warrior and dragon gears.

It whould make any job usable by merging it, and if you want to merge a job on 90 you need both jobs to be 90.
    (0)

might be a bit overkill... Merge WAR/NIN to have native shadows, then a lot of subs would just make it too much of a beast: /SAM for high TP gain, /DNC for easy hp/status recovery, etc.... just might be too much. Game is already in kind of easy mode as is.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Khiinroye
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If you're merging war with drg...you already have war, and aren't being left out anyways. For xp, people don't really care about which dd job you're on anymore (due to abyssea), as long as lights and healing are covered.
    (0)

Character
    Fearforever
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    2 words that kill any topic:
    PS2 Limitations
    (0)

Some words that solve any limitation problems:
    Seperated server for PS2 players