Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player

Thief Treasure Hunter

Now that SoA is releasing all these high level gears. One of the items that give us +1 Treasure hunter is Thief Knife which is a level 70 dagger.

Problem is this item is DMG 28. And as more gear is coming out, the further the gap in power Thief is falling behind off handing an item that's becoming outdated.

Any plans on adjusting items like these or giving us new items to bring us up on par with the new level ranges?
    (14)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-15-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You only need to macro in a three line macro with thf knife / asn.gloves+2 /raiders boots+2, with a <wait 4> on the third line to give you time to hit the mob, and then switch your regular tp gear & /sub knife back in with the remaining three lines of the macro. The time/tp lost doing this are negligable even if you are solo and need tp for cures. If you are sneak-attack an unclaimed mob you can hit the macro inbetween SA and engage.
    I do see your point though that there should and most likely will be a soa dagger with high dmg and TH+2 or something. But the low dmg on thfs knife makes no diffference at all if you macro it in for th the mob.
    (1)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    I think a better idea as has been suggested before, is a TH hard cap and then equipment outside of weapons that can hit that cap. Having TH on daggers without a cap will just mean duel weilding two (probably) terrible daggers. If TH could be capped on say an earring and a ring, or legs/feet or some other peice of gear then THF could go for better weapons.
    (2)

Character
    Archades
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think they should make a new knife w/ TH+1 andthen giv it a latent of TH-1. latent active if Thief's knife is equipped if they worried about two daggers being used.
    (3)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I do see your point though that there should and most likely will be a soa dagger with high dmg and TH+2 or something. But the low dmg on thfs knife makes no diffference at all if you macro it in for th the mob.
    As I said before, if you don't full time TH gear (and to a much lesser extent full timing THF knife because I am NOT about to drop my mandau)then you are wasting your time caring about TH at all.

THF should not be giving up DPS perks for TH effect as TH is a trait, and it's time they kick the design habit out the door. They then need to form a hard cap and replace the knife for good with TH on other gear so we can stop being gimped once we attain the sure fire new upgrades for TH gear that will kick THF knife out the door for good. This is the only way to go about it unless you want to deliver a very clear FU message to THFs everywhere by remaining with the tired low DPS TH dagger + no haste/att/str hand and feet TH gear system. No other trait has such harsh tradeoffs to exist on gear. I know I'm being alittle harsh here as stats on TH gear are not entirely useless, but still. I'd like for new hands/feet versions with DPS themed stats so I can switch between the two differing sets depending on need. As a side note, I'd like to see TH+ on most slots so I have options in a hard cap environment. Fast cast, DA, TA. You name it. They don't exist on just 3 slots. They exist EVERYWHERE. And it wouldn't be the end of the world if other jobs got the TH+ treatment because at the end of the day when you want TH, you go THF. But for the most part when I say put TH + everywhere, I mean on the THF JSE kind of stuff.

With all that said it appears they are not ignoring this problem and acknowledge it as a problem, but I don't believe there is anything to date to suggest they are working on fixing the problem.
    (3)
    Last edited by Vold; 08-15-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Archades View Post
    I think they should make a new knife w/ TH+1 andthen giv it a latent of TH-1. latent active if Thief's knife is equipped if they worried about two daggers being used.
    That's not a bad idea, actually. I could live with it assuming the replacement dagger wasn't tailor made to troll us with 50 base damage. Still, I kind of like my ideas better just 'cause I want to get rid of TH daggers period due to the requirement of full timing TH gear to max it's effect. But your idea is definitely better for SE and is likely they'd go with it.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    iirc, I think Matsui said that there will be new TH gear... So... theoretically....
    There might be enough TH in the new equipment that makes the +1 from the Thief Knife not needed.
    I wonder if they'd release another dagger with it...
    I'd prefer them to release another piece... somewhere else. A ring maybe? That way, ppl who don't main THF (or even gear it super well... I know my THF is just for the TH, so this would be my category) can get max TH (since they don't care about THF as anything except TH) and ppl who DO main/care about THF can loose the Thief Knife for an optimal dagger while maintaining (or exceeding) current TH.
    (by exceeding, I'm talking about... say a ring or whatever that's not a boot or an glove... with TH+2 or even +3. TH-THF ppl will just equip that along with the Thief's Knife, Assassin Armlets+2 and Raider's Poulaines+2 to get a max TH with little effort at the cost of dmg.... because they are just being THF for the TH. "Real" -ie main/cares-about-the-job- THFs can then drop the dagger and come out +1 more than the current +4.)
    (0)

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You know how you can augment Relic +2 and it still keeps the Relic +2 name rather than +3? What about a Magian Trial for the knife as well? Do some sort of quest and the augmented Thief Knife offers better damage, maybe another nice perk like Triple Attack +X%
    (2)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    As I said before, if you don't full time TH gear (and to a much lesser extent full timing THF knife because I am NOT about to drop my mandau)then you are wasting your time caring about TH at all.
    Well my normal THF game is approach the mob, SA, hit my TH macro which slots in thf knife(sub) hands and feet for TH+4, then hit the mob, and the macro /wait command slots my normal melee hands, feet and sub knife back into place. Then as I melee with zero TH+ gear equipped, I get the first TH spark/tick which announces the mob now has TH8 on it, despite the fact that I'm meleeing with zero TH gear. I don't understand why people melee fulltime with TH gear on, you just need that first hit and then continue to build ticks in your best gear. The TP I normally lose if I use the macro during battle, is usually around 50tp or so, which is unimportant in my game at least.
    But I do think they should add a current dagger with powerful stats and TH, so people who wanted to offhand it and not use macro swapouts, could do so. I use the magian storeTP dagger in offhand, I don't think I'd change it for a fulltime HQ thf knife anyway, but the option should be there for ppl that want it.
    (0)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You full time because one of the few things about TH that SE has ever revealed is that your chances of getting a TH increase is related to your base TH. The greater the difference between your base TH and the current TH on the mob, the less a chance you'll get another increase. So you start with TH7 base, proc TH8, switch to no TH gear (base TH3) - less chance you will ever hit TH9+.

Is this logical? *shrug* But that is how it is.
    (4)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast