Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Things you would like to see in Level 109 AF Armor

In a JP post ealier, SE said they're going to be upgrading all AF1 for old jobs to Item Level 109 similar to RUN and GEO AF1. What stats would you like to see in the Drachen set? For me I'm not going to list base attributes; HP/MP because that stuff is irrelevant but I will list the +stats I would like to see:

Drachen Armet
    Wyvern uses breaths more efficiently II
    (Wyvern uses breaths at 66% instead of 50% when /mage and 50% when /Hybrid)
    Jump: Enhances Double Attack Effect(+7%)
    Smiting Breath Ability Delay-5s

Drachen Mail:
    Wyvern: HP+12%
    Enhances Spirit Link Effect(All this will do is double the amount of TP transfered from the wyvern. Normally if your wyvern has 30%TP and your Spirit Link, the Wyvern would lose 15 and give you 15. With this on, the wyvern would lose 15 but you would gain 30.)
    Spirit Jump TP Bonus

Drachen Finger Gauntlets:
    Wyvern: HP+10%
    Restoring Breath Ability Delay-5s
    Enhances Critical Hit Damage(+12%)

Drachen Brais
    Augments Steady Wing Effect(Gives an extra 12% PDT to the Wyvern while Steady Wing's Stoneskin is active)
    Augments Ancient Circle Effect(Gives you and everyone in range +15 Conserve TP for duration

Drachen Greaves:
    Soul Jump TP Bonus
    Call Wyvern Ability Delay-6m

I tried to focus on realistic stats they would add and not pipe dreams
    (3)

Realistically?

I doubt it will get much of an upgrade apart from level 109 stats and some haste.

Would be nice if they extended the feet to give 10% att bonus to ALL jumps.

Like you mentioned, a bonus to breaths on the head would also be nice.

Personally, I only use legs and head right now (legs only when /mage or fighting a dragon), so unless other pieces are going to replace pieces I currently use, I don't need more situational pieces cluttering my inv.
    (1)

Player
    Mnd bumped to +20 lightning resist to 45 HP+70 plus WUBME II

Edit: HP+ was originally 64
    (0)

Player
    I'd really just like to see Ostreger Mitts and Wyvern Mail replaced for our Healing Breath sets. I'd like so see more pieces tailored specifically for enhancing Jump damage and TP gain. Perhaps a piece that give a large amount of Conserve TP and is best in slot for WS. Conserve TP is underrated but when it does proc it can sometimes save you a hit(when you save like 40-60 TP from a WS). Something like

Drachen Finger Gauntlets +2
    DEF: 69
    HP+35 STR+18 DEX+13 VIT+22 AGI+13 MND+10 INT+10 CHR+15
    Accuracy+30 Wyvern HP+14% Wyvern Accuracy+30
    "Conserve TP" +15 Haste+4%
    "Jump: Double Attack+7%"
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 08-30-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Player
    I like the conserve TP for hands but save the DA option for greaves. something I've been thinking about lately is some type of Angon ability +1 so if you have one merit into angon wearing this piece of gear would give you Angon with 2 merits instead of 1.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I'd really just like to see Ostreger Mitts and Wyvern Mail replaced for our Healing Breath sets. I'd like so see more pieces tailored specifically for enhancing Jump damage and TP gain. Perhaps a piece that give a large amount of Conserve TP and is best in slot for WS. Conserve TP is underrated but when it does proc it can sometimes save you a hit(when you save like 40-60 TP from a WS). Something like

Drachen Finger Gauntlets +2
    DEF: 69
    HP+35 STR+18 DEX+13 VIT+22 AGI+13 MND+10 INT+10 CHR+15
    Accuracy+30 Wyvern HP+14% Wyvern Accuracy+30
    "Conserve TP" +15 Haste+4%
    "Jump: Double Attack+7%"
    Conserve TP only saves between 1-20 tp so it very rarely saves you a hit. Almost never if you are /sam and have a 5 hit. They should have based it on delay and allowed it to get anywhere from half your normal tp from a hit to up to 2-3 hits worth then it might actually be worth something.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Drachen Finger Gauntlets:
    Wyvern: HP+10%
    Restoring Breath Ability Delay-5s
    Enhances Critical Hit Damage(+12%)
    Mmmm, Drakesbane crack. I await the return of Ryunohige!

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Would be nice if they extended the feet to give 10% att bonus to ALL jumps.
    The last thing spirit and soul jump need is more atk bonuses.

Spirit and soul jump already have a +25% and +50% atk bonuses, respectively(with wyvern present.) On the few mobs you don't already cap atk on with those bonuses, +10% atk would do very little in terms of overall DPS. And for spirit jump, Lancer's feet's Jump TP bonus would stomp all over the ATK+.

The things to focus on with jumps, would be TP gain enhancments. STP, multi-hit, or Jump TP bonus. Not ATK.

Actually, the single most amazing Jump enhancement we could get...

Jump Recast Delay-

Anything that would make you jump more often would be pretty much unbeatable. Although, knowing SE we'd get like, recast -1 second or something, if we got it at all.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Mmmm, Drakesbane crack. I await the return of Ryunohige!

The last thing spirit and soul jump need is more atk bonuses.

Spirit and soul jump already have a +25% and +50% atk bonuses, respectively(with wyvern present.) On the few mobs you don't already cap atk on with those bonuses, +10% atk would do very little in terms of overall DPS. And for spirit jump, Lancer's feet's Jump TP bonus would stomp all over the ATK+.

The things to focus on with jumps, would be TP gain enhancments. STP, multi-hit, or Jump TP bonus. Not ATK.

Actually, the single most amazing Jump enhancement we could get...

Jump Recast Delay-

Anything that would make you jump more often would be pretty much unbeatable. Although, knowing SE we'd get like, recast -1 second or something, if we got it at all.
    Wow, I can't believe that I didn't know about the att% + on those jumps o.0

I might need to look at my jump sets again now.

1 other amazing bonus for jumps that you missed was Crit Dmg+. getting 10% of that on feet instead of the att+ would be great to stack with the legs.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I didn't miss it.

Huginn gambieras(crit dmg +10% feet) are unbeatable in terms of jump dmg. But per jump DMG is not the point. It's overall DPS. And improving ws frequency does more for that than making jumps hit harder. And any extra TP feeds into increased ws dmg. So going beyond the required stp needed for hit builds can still help.

There's are several feet atm that beat Huginn feet on jumps. Which makes me pretty sad, considering I dumped 300~ mil into crafting them(and I was the damn crafter... <,<; ) For spirit jump, it's once again lancer feet+2. 5 TP bonus is hard to beat. For soul jump: kariyeh(0.022 dps difference), mikinaak(R15 0.092 dps dif) or Cizin(DA+1:0.206 dps dif. DA+2:0.489 dps dif.) Note, DPS values will vary. These are using my current sets in one situation(and my FFXIAH sets are out of date.)

Also, Huginn are a hell to get. Ormolu ingots are 15 mil a piece on my server. And the synth for the Hexed Gambieras takes 2 ingots. Then you need to HQ. Or you could use a higher DPS option for a few k bayld.

Of course, the dps differences here are tiny. You might opt to use Huginn anyway, for fun and E-peen jump dmg. But I went with the highest DPS option, and got some inv space back. The inv being the greater draw, honestly. lol. I'll start carrying my Huginn again when Ryunohige gets updated. Huginn are still by far the best drakesbane feet.
    (2)

I guess it depends on what you're dropping from other slots to put the STP in there if you go for Huginn over the other options. And I'm not sure if I'm understanding ewxactly what you mean by "Any extra TP feeds into extra WS damage".

If you mean that a 105%TP Stardiver will do more extra damage than a Soul Jump with 10% extra crit damage, then I'll be highly skeptical. The only way I'd see it helping is being able to drop some STP gear from your jump to add more DA/TA/QA instead.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast