Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamph View Post
    Welcome to the Forums... Where a positive post can turn negative before the post is posted.
    Clearly, you must be new here.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I agree with everything you said Demon except I don't hate jp players. I don't actually know anyone who does. The hate seems to come from the other side. Most NAs, in the years I've played, on Valefor/Kujata servers try to use things like auto-translate and take (positive) advantage of the international community.
    I love all of my JP LS friends and would do anything for them. They have been most awesome to me. Japan is also a beautiful place. If I could live there I would in a heartbeat. It was the best vacation of my life.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    Clearly, you must be new here.
    No, I'm not, I'm just tired of people hijacking the 1% of threads that are "good job," and "keep up the good work," and seeing them turn negative when the other 99% of threads are people upset with something. Now that I think of it, it would probably be more like 5% positive, 30% here's an idea, and 65% negative comment threads if everyone wasn't so bitter.
    (0)

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Thanks a lot for the Vanafest 2013, that was great, especially the english part.
    (12)
    Last edited by Lotto; 08-15-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm all for commending someone on a good job if that's how someone feels, however this is a public forum. To expect everyone to have the same view and opinion is ridiculous. I can see derailing a thread to another topic, but creating any topic on a public forum, you're bound to have someone disagree with you.

If you want to praise the developers and producer without comments, write a letter to them or make an article or video that can't be commented on. If you post something publicly, someone is going to comment on it. Whether you agree with it or not. The point here is to have discussions and provide feedback. Not to provide a dichotomy between agree with me threads and not. Not flaming anyone, but providing some grounding with an outside perspective.
    (3)

You can hate it, but to be honest--

Commending him on a job well done when an absurdly large portion of the community doesn't feel that way is begging for us to reply with our thoughts.

At least now, when SE reads your OP, maybe they'll actually read some of the dissent, since they stay away from so many topics clearly labeled as such.

Whether they're doing a good job or not, they're doing so much of it without our feedback and contrary to what we've come to expect (as the value of gear). Games can change, but changing a fundamental aspect is stupid. It's like saying "Ok, were taking out the board in monopoly, and putting in cards, but it's still Monopoly".

Have you ever wondered why they don't publicly poll us? Especially in-game, since not everyone visits forums? I don't.
    (4)

Character
    Crystalweapon
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 96
    You can hate it, but to be honest--

Commending him on a job well done when an absurdly large portion of the community doesn't feel that way is begging for us to reply with our thoughts.

At least now, when SE reads your OP, maybe they'll actually read some of the dissent, since they stay away from so many topics clearly labeled as such.

Whether they're doing a good job or not, they're doing so much of it without our feedback and contrary to what we've come to expect (as the value of gear). Games can change, but changing a fundamental aspect is stupid. It's like saying "Ok, were taking out the board in monopoly, and putting in cards, but it's still Monopoly".

Have you ever wondered why they don't publicly poll us? Especially in-game, since not everyone visits forums? I don't.
    I think the reps just have their hands full at the moment. From what I see it's less than a handful of people translating for three different forums.

They really should do some polls like they did for early xiv. It would at least give them some insight to how a majority of the players feel rather than just listening to the people that actually log onto the forums.

It's got to be easier to get information from than the usual "tell us how you feel about ____ " threads.
    (0)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NsnLfIAcs&feature=BF&list=PLB5F836BEB04E9DF1&index=8

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    After seeing the topic title, I'm a bit disappointed that this isn't a thread about a crazy international plan to hire him a hooker for his birthday.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalWeapon View Post
    I think the reps just have their hands full at the moment. From what I see it's less than a handful of people translating for three different forums.

They really should do some polls like they did for early xiv. It would at least give them some insight to how a majority of the players feel rather than just listening to the people that actually log onto the forums.

It's got to be easier to get information from than the usual "tell us how you feel about ____ " threads.
    I agree. I just think that currently, they can hide behind the banners of "only a small portion participate on forums", and "content players have no reason to complain". So poll us, right in the PoL viewer. Make the reward some vanity thing, or something useful to leveling or transportation (though both are easy). Hell, make the reward a free mule slot and people would participate.

Ask us what we really think about the game, because what I see here is a bunch of people talking about discontent among their friends, because atm most players are doing 3 things. They're trying to kill Tojil, waiting to kill Tojil, or killing Tojil.
    (2)

Character
    Crystalweapon
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 96
    I agree. I just think that currently, they can hide behind the banners of "only a small portion participate on forums", and "content players have no reason to complain". So poll us, right in the PoL viewer. Make the reward some vanity thing, or something useful to leveling or transportation (though both are easy). Hell, make the reward a free mule slot and people would participate.

Ask us what we really think about the game, because what I see here is a bunch of people talking about discontent among their friends, because atm most players are doing 3 things. They're trying to kill Tojil, waiting to kill Tojil, or killing Tojil.
    Even if they did poll us, I think a big part of the problem is the size of the current team. It's obvious that they don't have the manpower that they should have. As a supporter of both xi and xiv, it makes me sad. Yes, xi is a very old game, but it deserves a hell of a lot more than what it's receiving in terms of funding and manpower.

Despite its age, I still believe this game has way more potential than what it's given credit for.
    (1)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NsnLfIAcs&feature=BF&list=PLB5F836BEB04E9DF1&index=8

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast