Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would have to double check the models, but even the gear that sports the highest degree of differences between genders (i.e. DNC AF1/2/3) uses the same color pallet.

Now, I want to emphasize that I don't dislike the colors used because they aren't "masculine" or whatever. COR AF has some pinkish/salmon tones in it, and yet it works well. This, however, looks atrocious to nearly anyone's eye due to its overall displeasing composition.
    (1)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Waste of a thread. The gear hasn't even dropped yet. Not to mention the most trivial thing to waste the dev's time on. Thumbs down.
    (8)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Apart from Mirage and FaeQueenCory posts I can't see any relevance in this thread.

I still don't know where you got the idea that there is an AF2 in the game or would be introduced.
    And I still don't get why you wish that the developer would change anything insignificant like a colour scheme just to please you?
    (3)

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The only "problem" is that they're palette swaps and not new designs. But oh well, I'm actually surprised RUN and GEO are getting any AF2 considering their regular AF is so powerful (compared to the other jobs).

I really can't see any issue with the colour choice? Unless you're so insecure in your masculinity you can't bear to put pink clothes on your character...

(Where exactly did the OP find that pic, though?)
    (0)
    Last edited by Kafrein; 08-20-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Indeed. Pink on girls used to be BLASPHEMOUS. (the equivalent of carrying around a sign that screams they were a lesbian)
    Purple was more of a royals-only-b#ches... But it in no way was "emasculative".
    Thank you for bringing this up.
    IIRC, blue for boys, pink for girls is actually a thing that's less than a hundred years old. Closer to 50 years.
    (3)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    IIRC, blue for boys, pink for girls is actually a thing that's less than a hundred years old. Closer to 50 years.
    Indeed. iirc, it has only been a thing since the 1960s... or maybe it was the 1950s when the switch happened....
    Because before then, it was pink for baby boys and blue for baby girls.
    (0)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    Apart from Mirage and FaeQueenCory posts I can't see any relevance in this thread.

I still don't know where you got the idea that there is an AF2 in the game or would be introduced.
    You caught me, I photoshopped it all!

And I still don't get why you wish that the developer would change anything insignificant like a colour scheme just to please you?
    My opinion is shared by anyone with any ounce of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafrein
    The only "problem" is that they're palette swaps and not new designs. But oh well, I'm actually surprised RUN and GEO are getting any AF2 considering their regular AF is so powerful (compared to the other jobs).
    AF2 has traditionally always been a reskin of AF1, so there's nothing wrong with that. AF3 will have a new design (and looks to be pretty cool looking according to the concept art).

Quote Originally Posted by Kafrein
    I really can't see any issue with the colour choice? Unless you're so insecure in your masculinity you can't bear to put pink clothes on your character...
    Now, I want to emphasize that I don't dislike the colors used because they aren't "masculine" or whatever. COR AF has some pinkish/salmon tones in it, and yet it works well. This, however, looks atrocious to nearly anyone's eye due to its overall displeasing composition.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn
    Waste of a thread. The gear hasn't even dropped yet. Not to mention the most trivial thing to waste the dev's time on. Thumbs down
    That's actually the point. Once it is obtainable, there's no way they are going to change it (and yes, I know the chances of them ever changing it are very close to 0%- but whatever). AF2 has also traditionally been kind of a big deal, so I wouldn't call it completely trivial.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kyte; 08-21-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    I would wear the s*%t out of this if it was hot pink on males.

I'd wear it with my silver subligar and be fabulous!
    (2)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifact View Post
    I would wear the s*%t out of this if it was hot pink on males.

I'd wear it with my silver subligar and be fa~bu~lo~us!
    Fixed that for you. LOL
    That's why I only wear DNC AF when I feel the need to play DNC... (Sure it's not as good as other gear... but I'm not playing DNC for any other reason but to feel FA~BU~LO~US!)
    (0)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Dancer AF really doesn't look bad at all. It may not be my favorite armor in the game, but it is designed reasonably well.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4