Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I agree that this new RUN AF is horrible. I'll be insulted as man to wear any color nearly resembling pink.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    I agree that this new RUN AF is horrible. I'll be insulted as man to wear any color nearly resembling pink.
    You can't know much about fashion history . masculine/feminine colors change greatly over time. It's not too long ago purple and pink were considered manly colors.
    (4)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Most are oblivious to what benefits RUN brings to the party.
    This is the big reason. People are still stuck thinking RUN = TANK1110101 without understanding what exactly a "tank" is and why it's totally useless in FFXI. RUN is a support DD, they deal damage while being impervious to high damage magic attacks and conferring much of that immunity to their party members. Valiance and OFA are godlike in their utility.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's like when abyssea came out and alot of light armor jobs started wearing Auore sets and only mentioned the stats while avoiding the fact it was all pink.
    (0)

I wore it because it was pink.
    (4)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i am not fond of this color either. I also havent really leveld pup either and when they added pup relic i was appalled. that orange was soooo.... ugh.
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    What I'm wondering is.....when will the GEO AF that is blue with the hoodie and the white poof on top come out? Because frankly, I'm tired of wearing something that resembles a Chinese Wok.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Way to make super sexist/chauvinistic/homophobic remarks.
    Comments like this make me ashamed to be male.
    First off: It's not pink. The Abyssea Aurore set was pink. In fact, it wasn't just pink... it was PANK.
    Go back to elementary school and learn your colors. (or wherever colors are taught to children) That is a colored usually referred to as "salmon" an offshoot of red, much like pink, but contains far more orange than could ever be allowed in pink.
    Secondly: This is on a MITHRA. ALL armor gets super feminized/sexualized on Mithra characters... even moreso than female humes and elvaan. (sorry taru girls... most of the time your armor.... aside from like dnc... I can't tell you apart... T_T)
    Chances are, given the trend of all the other armor sets, it's going to probably be more of a red-ochre color on men and this salmon color on women. (which means I'll be able to add RUN AF2 to my list of "armor that lets me tell the genders of Taru at a glance"!!)
    And finally: Why will wearing this make you insulted? Will your manhood drop off if you wear pink? Will you catch "the gay"?
    I'm not even going to try and argue "real men where pink"... because they don't.
    Real men don't give a flying rat's butt about what color they are wearing.
    Only insecure little boys who have yet to grow up do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    You can't know much about fashion history . masculine/feminine colors change greatly over time. It's not too long ago purple and pink were considered manly colors.
    Indeed. Pink on girls used to be BLASPHEMOUS. (the equivalent of carrying around a sign that screams they were a lesbian)
    Purple was more of a royals-only-b#ches... But it in no way was "emasculative".
    Thank you for bringing this up.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I bet it wouldn't matter to you if everything in the game was wireframe rectangles!
    I played Wild arms...I think I'll survive rectangles....
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Way to make super sexist/chauvinistic/homophobic remarks.
    Comments like this make me ashamed to be male.
    First off: It's not pink. The Abyssea Aurore set was pink. In fact, it wasn't just pink... it was PANK.
    Go back to elementary school and learn your colors. (or wherever colors are taught to children) That is a colored usually referred to as "salmon" an offshoot of red, much like pink, but contains far more orange than could ever be allowed in pink.
    Secondly: This is on a MITHRA. ALL armor gets super feminized/sexualized on Mithra characters... even moreso than female humes and elvaan. (sorry taru girls... most of the time your armor.... aside from like dnc... I can't tell you apart... T_T)
    Chances are, given the trend of all the other armor sets, it's going to probably be more of a red-ochre color on men and this salmon color on women. (which means I'll be able to add RUN AF2 to my list of "armor that lets me tell the genders of Taru at a glance"!!)
    And finally: Why will wearing this make you insulted? Will your manhood drop off if you wear pink? Will you catch "the gay"?
    I'm not even going to try and argue "real men where pink"... because they don't.
    Real men don't give a flying rat's butt about what color they are wearing.
    Only insecure little boys who have yet to grow up do that.

Indeed. Pink on girls used to be BLASPHEMOUS. (the equivalent of carrying around a sign that screams they were a lesbian)
    Purple was more of a royals-only-b#ches... But it in no way was "emasculative".
    Thank you for bringing this up.
    "I'll be insulted as man to wear any color nearly resembling pink." So it wasn't the issue that it is pink, but that the color is nearly similar to pink. Salmon is a color nearly resembling pink. So your remark made directly at me to go back to elementary school and learn my colors does not apply to the comment.

In no way is this a sexist or a chauvinistic remark. In no way have I offended the other sex or have I said that my gender is superior. It is not a homophobic remark either because I did not express ill feelings against homosexuality.

But i do agree with the comment:"ALL armor gets super feminized/sexualized on Mithra characters... even moreso than female humes and elvaan". Yes, that is true. But as for the color for this AF, I have this feeling in my gut that the color is not gonna change across gender.

And yes, not only am I insulted, but also uncomfortable wearing pink. Especially RUN being the job I play most of the time now. Now, I admit that adding the word "man" was exaggerated on my part. It was an impulsive word that I used to show my disdain to the use of the color. So for that, I do apologize. But why do I make a big deal out of it? Clear and simple. I don't like pink.

But please understand that I joined this thread to express my agreement towards the title of the thread, that the RUN AF2 is horrible. I am but one of many that dislike it's appearance. I did not join to make any controversies as to what the color pink could or used to represent. I came to this thread with peaceful intention. Only harboring hatred to the color, not to other players/adventurers.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast