Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapaBlueJay View Post
    Why the opposition? If you don't like the content, you don't have to participate. Expanding VW helps enrich the game.

I can understand frustration with low drop rates, but without them, the content would stagnate too quickly. Expansion would also help quell people's worries with Empyrean upgrades as well as introduce more sources for crafting materials and other miscellaneous items. Voidwatch had a huge impact on the game when it was first introduced, and would still have a significant impact if it were to be rejuvenated.
    Oh, I get it. Voidwatch was your main source of income, wasn't it? Now that Voidwatch is dead for the most part (THANK ALTANA FOR THAT!) you're here posting to try to get the Development Team to expand Voidwatch.

I hear Dynamis farming is still somewhat relevant.....
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Voidwatch was .... good money.... however boreing... and just a bad excuse to use some Job or Subjobs
    rather than fixing the Abilitys? Just make them relavet through a spammy Event?

No thank you.
    Don't waste developent time on content like VW. Fix the Abilitys and Jobs.
    (1)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Vladislav
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well we already have out fracture NM's , they remind me VW , but w/o procs . I really doubdt VW will be added to Adoulin since VW story has ended with PW death .
    (0)

Character
    Squabble
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    Oh, I get it. Voidwatch was your main source of income, wasn't it? Now that Voidwatch is dead for the most part (THANK ALTANA FOR THAT!) you're here posting to try to get the Development Team to expand Voidwatch.

I hear Dynamis farming is still somewhat relevant.....
    I actually made my billions through ADL and NNI. I just enjoy VW.

Addressing lag - I have yet to experience any outside of reives and delve.

Low drop rate causing content stagnation isn't too relevant. Giving up after 1,000 tries still meant you participated 1,000 times.
    (1)

Player
    I can understand frustration with low drop rates, but without them, the content would stagnate too quickly.
    Normally you would be right, I mean, why do content when you already have all of the drops?

Expansion would also help quell people's worries with Empyrean upgrades as well as introduce more sources for crafting materials and other miscellaneous items.
    That right there is exactly why it would not stagnate. You see, much like the original VW, or rather, exactly like the original VW, if items drop that are worth a nice bit of money and are useful for making some of the strongest or most special weapons in the game, people will do the content whether they have the drops they wanted or not. You see, I got Heka's from Akvan on my first run of 6 ever, I believe it was my 3rd kill, but just because I got Heka's does not mean I flat out never did Akvan again, no, instead I fought Akvan in a much more relaxed feel, I had my primary goal, I was done with this NM, I could go to help out & get some money, but I did not feel as though I had to go kill it 1000 times to get something useful for my job. On the other hand, every kill of Aello I ever did I felt like I was going through hell, it was never just for money, or for a somewhat common drop, I went for Ephemeron. I killed Aello a ton of times, never saw it drop to me, only 3 of them to others, every kill was just another round of disappointment with nothing to look forward to the next.

Saying if you reward players well for their time and do not make .1% drop rates that the content will die but at the same time saying they should add money drops that have kept the same content alive in the past, is as funny as its true, and that is to say, not at all.

Voidwatch had a huge impact on the game when it was first introduced, and would still have a significant impact if it were to be rejuvenated.
    With how annoyed people are with WK drops, things being out dated quickly, and many other issues that have yet to be resolved due to them constantly adding new content. Really, I agree, this would have a significant impact, but in the opposite way your talking about, because if they started another VW tour I would quit this game instantly unless it had a fix for all other VW with it as well as drop rates worth a damn. If it was the same old VW we all know, I would be gone, because with everything else in this game, I am not willing to go farm a VWNM for weeks or months for a weapon which is outdated 1 or 2 updates after the one which added it to the game.
    (1)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I actually made my billions through ADL and NNI. I just enjoy VW.

Addressing lag - I have yet to experience any outside of reives and delve.

Low drop rate causing content stagnation isn't too relevant. Giving up after 1,000 tries still meant you participated 1,000 times.
    And in hindsight, an utter waste of my time. Take your Voidwatch pipedream elsewhere, please.
    (0)

Character
    Squabble
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    ...because if they started another VW tour I would quit this game instantly unless it had a fix for all other VW with it as well as drop rates worth a damn. If it was the same old VW we all know, I would be gone, because with everything else in this game, I am not willing to go farm a VWNM for weeks or months for a weapon which is outdated 1 or 2 updates after the one which added it to the game.
    Nobody would be forcing you to participate in this content. VW can be expanded upon and enjoyed by those who wish to do it. It is just like any other new event, you don't have to do it, it is just an option. Even if the drops were "game changing," you wouldn't have to do it, you can be content with where you are. Stating that you would quit the game over an event being introduced that you don't have to participate in is ridiculous.

As for things becoming outdated quickly, everyone gets annoyed with that. Although if VW expansion were to ever come to fruition, I would like to have drops that were also upgrades of old VW rewards (i.e. Ganesha's Mala +1, Heka's Kalasiris +1, etc.). Regardless of rewards though, you don't have to participate, you just would have to live without the rewards.
    (0)

Player
    Nobody would be forcing you to participate in this content.
    Yeah, no one requires RMED DDs, R/E BRDs, Aegis/Ochain PLDs, or anything else stupidly outrageous either I suppose. But wait, people do, and more so, this game does, with how Matsui has it setup to move forward we are expected to do a large portion of the content in our path to get gear to move onto the next content, and while he does not expect us to do every single bit, VW is a large event, like Delve, I assure you, it would become a mandatory part of the game in some form, just like last time. On top of that, I suppose I should simply avoid the horribly designed luck based drop system of VW and its fights, there by avoiding its gear, no matter how good it is or how much I want it, simply because they brought back a horrible system in the first place which was never fixed.

VW can be expanded upon and enjoyed by those who wish to do it.
    I am fine with that, so long as it fixes VW's largest issues at the same exact time, not months down the road, and is actually enjoyable.

It is just like any other new event, you don't have to do it, it is just an option. Even if the drops were "game changing," you wouldn't have to do it, you can be content with where you are.
    I cant be content where I am, no, I will not be excluded from content because I do not meet the new quota of the month for how good my RDM must be in order to be acceptable to parties for events I actually want to do. At the same time, only an idiot would subject themselves to horrible content design with low to non-existant drop rates for a 1 in 1000 chance at an item every kill while trying for months to get it with the almost certain knowledge that it will soon mean nothing anyways.

Stating that you would quit the game over an event being introduced that you don't have to participate in is ridiculous.
    I agree, if I said I'm quitting at the end of the month because of Monstrosity, that would be one thing, that is however not what I am saying, I am saying I would quit the game if they took that design path again because it was horrible, and only proves to me that they are not improving upon the design. As I said, fix the large issues with VW, and Ill be happy with it, as would many others, do not fix those issues, and it would be nothing more than a waste of my time, show me the devs time is being largely wasted, and cause me to quit. My quitting would not be simply they added content I didn't like, but rather the fact they ignore so many other large & glaring issues that to add this new content on top of it all would only make things worse, and would make me feel as though they really are simply not trying to fix our problems.
    (0)

Player
    Oh I see, so its better to have a player pissed off they wasted their time 1000 fights rather than to have a happy player coming back for more rewards such as plates constantly because they feel as though their time is properly rewarded. Sounds like a great idea.
    (0)

Character
    Squabble
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Yeah, no one requires RMED DDs, R/E BRDs, Aegis/Ochain PLDs, or anything else stupidly outrageous either I suppose. But wait, people do, and more so, this game does, with how Matsui has it setup to move forward we are expected to do a large portion of the content in our path to get gear to move onto the next content, and while he does not expect us to do every single bit, VW is a large event, like Delve, I assure you, it would become a mandatory part of the game in some form, just like last time. On top of that, I suppose I should simply avoid the horribly designed luck based drop system of VW and its fights, there by avoiding its gear, no matter how good it is or how much I want it, simply because they brought back a horrible system in the first place which was never fixed.

I am fine with that, so long as it fixes VW's largest issues at the same exact time, not months down the road, and is actually enjoyable.

I cant be content where I am, no, I will not be excluded from content because I do not meet the new quota of the month for how good my RDM must be in order to be acceptable to parties for events I actually want to do. At the same time, only an idiot would subject themselves to horrible content design with low to non-existant drop rates for a 1 in 1000 chance at an item every kill while trying for months to get it with the almost certain knowledge that it will soon mean nothing anyways.

I agree, if I said I'm quitting at the end of the month because of Monstrosity, that would be one thing, that is however not what I am saying, I am saying I would quit the game if they took that design path again because it was horrible, and only proves to me that they are not improving upon the design. As I said, fix the large issues with VW, and Ill be happy with it, as would many others, do not fix those issues, and it would be nothing more than a waste of my time, show me the devs time is being largely wasted, and cause me to quit. My quitting would not be simply they added content I didn't like, but rather the fact they ignore so many other large & glaring issues that to add this new content on top of it all would only make things worse, and would make me feel as though they really are simply not trying to fix our problems.
    There is always the option to be content with mediocrity. I believe low drop rate is the only concern people seem to be having on this topic. I'm not advocating for low drop rate, I'm just saying that it would be necessary. By all means make a new system, but I don't think that the current VW system is broken.

All I'm interested in is an expansion of Voidwatch into the Adoulin areas.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast