Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hurkan drops

Player

Hurkan drops

Hello.

i fought hurkan 4 times.

the first, i didn't get any drop, but still got the ki, so i didn't complain much.
    i saw there was a post here about it and let it go.

some times after that, i did two more, where i got bullet and grip. no problem here.

last night i spent ~4h fighting Hurkan for a darksteel ore.
    i though this problem was fixed, with some of the emergency maintnance (that always come in EU playtime) or august update.

i contacted a gm, but he couldn't help me.
    told me that the evaluation system was working fine but couldn't tell me if i did something wrong.

colonisation was at 100%
    when i came in it was at ~95% hp
    i was on summonner i didn't afk the whole time
    i did "lot" of damage on the nakual(unresisted bp ~2k with the occasionnal 6k odin), buffed and healed a bit.
    the evaluation seems fine since i got ~12k bayld from the whole fight, so why no drop ?

in the end, i still i lost ~4h, ~38k baylds and ~6k xp.

also, i saw looking here that the thread i saw on my first no drop Hurkan was still in the "planning to adress" section here : http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/35630-Wildkeeper-reive-rewards

that post is almost a month old, and either i'm really unlucky or this is a rather common occurence. care to explain why this wasn't fixed yet ?
    (2)

They did fix that issue... It happened where you could go in once the mob was under a certain percent and not get assessments...

The issue that you are having is that you (theoretically) rolled an item that you already had. If you had sent your grip and cape to a mule, than you would have gotten wither the grip or the cape again... I know, it sucks, but that's the way it is.
    (0)

Player
    doesn't it usualy works so if you have a rare item, it can't drop ?

i know they aren't really "drops", but the same system should apply.
    seems like a bug to me...

ps : if it works like that for the jse capes i'm keeping all the one for the jobs i don't have for nothing if it doesn't prevent them from "droping" again.
    (1)

I think that with these wk monsters its like shinryu
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The drop slot can be filled with something you already have, and thus nothing will appear because it's rare-flagged.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah it's total BS but that's apparently working as intended. Done Hurkaan 6 times now on 2 characters and each only has grip and bullet <.<
    (1)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I battled Hurkan today from 100% HP and battle lasted around 3 hours. And all I got for my effort was a Velk Necklace and a Damascus Ingot.

How do they expect me to do this once again? I won't do a Wildskeeper Reive ever again unless it is for KI.

I'm a gimped player, and that's all thanks to the game's reward drops mechanism related to Colonization and Wildskeeper's Reives. My time and effort dedicated to this should not be proportional as to come out with undesirable items or, even worse, empty handed.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 08-13-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Character
    Raymos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I have just finished a Hurkan battle and only got a pebble from it. The past 2 times got a grip and the axe as part of the guaranteed drop items. I'm very dissapointed and mad as it costs me 50k bayld to use the key item and its quite hard to get to that amount. They need to fix this
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Raymos View Post
    I have just finished a Hurkan battle and only got a pebble from it. The past 2 times got a grip and the axe as part of the guaranteed drop items. I'm very dissapointed and mad as it costs me 50k bayld to use the key item and its quite hard to get to that amount. They need to fix this
    It's like oldschool Dynamis all over again... People go in and expect that they should at least get *something* that they want, but often times it will drop things that no one needs. The only difference is that these don't go into the loot pool. (or it doesn't say: Bamph got BLAHBLAHBLAH as a reward. Bamph can only hold 1 of these items. Reward relinquished. I think that would bother me more.)

I mean, how many times did a party go into dyna-xarc to get thf gloves, but came out with nothing... (not exactly the same since there are no guaranteed drops, but close.)
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well and another difference is for this you have to farm a bit and spend gil to enter while dynamis generally you made gil from the currency. Plus I've never had a dynamis take 16 hours nor been forced to put up with people who will pull the zone to repeatidly wipe you
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-14-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast