Thread: About Galka's

Character
    Makenshiroi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

About Galka's

I was just thinking about this yesterday and it left me wondering.

1. How do Galka's increase there numbers? Galkas reproduce through some sort of reincarnation. No one knows exactly how it works, but when a galka dies of old age he is born new.

So what about when they die in battle or die from disease? Surely over time one day they would all die out.

2. Do all Galka really come from Kuzotz? For a whole race its really not that big. Mithra have some place in the south that i would assume is bigger and the Elvaan are said to have an empire in the west (the far west i guess as Adoulin is no Elvaan empire).
    (4)

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    1. They will eventually. Once a Galka dies that's it.

2. I'd doubt it. As Quicksand Caves stretches across the entire island, I've always thought of it as a capital city.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Mithras are only females so they are in the same boat. How do they reproduce?
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearstar View Post
    1. They will eventually. Once a Galka dies that's it.
    I think that's why KingFury suggested the thing with a curse placed on the Galka.
    (0)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

There be your answer.

But in all seriousness hers some lore.
    Galkas were the first among the enlightened races to exist and create a civilization (on Zepwell Island). 600 years before the game.
    1. *Headcanon* but what if there is a secret tribe of female Galka on the islands around Altepa? I mean if reincarnation didn't work out... Though what about the Galka in Audolin? unless I dunno Gratzeigg keeps a few locked up somewhere...

2. Well lore says they are, but I think maybe they are a descendant of the tribe of giants that where at the south of Quon (can't be Gigas they are from the North like Orcs, so...)

Originally a member of a tribe of giants (the Titans) who lived in the south of the Quon continent. The tribe was in conflict with the people of a neighboring city over the ownership and utilization of a forest. Despite their great physical strength, the Titans were eventually overwhelmed by force of sheer numbers. However, one day, a little girl called Daemdalus was looking for a runaway lamb in the forest. She stumbled upon what looked like the corpse of a Titan. It turned out that it was still alive, and, overcoming her fear, Daemdalus showed him compassion by tending to his wounds.

The Titan befriended the little girl, but it wasn't long before the inhabitants of the city found out what was going on. They captured the Titan and brought him back to the city. Daemdalus threw herself in front of him in a desperate attempt to stop him from being executed. Seeing her efforts, Altana took pity and called both their souls to the heavens. She transformed Titan into the Celestial Avatar of Earth. Daemdalus is the name of the brightest, yellow-colored star of the Titan constellation.
    And where is Cloister of Tremors? Altepa.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tohihroyu; 08-12-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Player
    You guys never played FF7 or see the movie spirits within?
    http://www.ffshrine.org/scholar/1_the_gaia.php

That pebble you threw away might be your friend D: or maybe a moogle delivered you on the doorstep of your Mog house..

Then again if you MPK'd that person and didnt get a raise, maybe came back as someone else evil full of rage..
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-12-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Character
    Makenshiroi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Mithras are only females so they are in the same boat. How do they reproduce?
    Mithras are not only females. Males just don't go out into the world and stay at the mithra homeland. You see one of the males in WOTG.
    (5)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    1. *Headcanon* but what if there is a secret tribe of female Galka on the islands around Altepa? I mean if reincarnation didn't work out... Though what about the Galka in Audolin? unless I dunno Gratzeigg keeps a few locked up somewhere.
    Following the curse idea, my approach to it would be that the Galka once had males and females, and as civilizations tend to do, crushed an enemy species/empire in their rise to power. Before they vanished into the sands of time, this enemy cast a curse on the whole Galka race, slaying the females and limiting the race to only males, dooming them into extinction. After some time, the Galka found a way to preserve some semblance in the cycle of life: a pseudo-reincarnation that places the old galka's soul into a new body. This would not help them create new members of their species, but would preserve them as a people for as long as possible, all while searching for a way to break the curse (which is a detail they as a people are not too comfortable sharing with outsiders).

The only real snag in the idea is how would the talekeeper play into this. I never did the Bastok storyline, so I don't know if Raogrimm's role in galka society was explained to have come about after they left Zepwell when they lost it to the Antica or whether it was part of their societal structure all along.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Galka are sexy
    (1)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This is what happens when people stop doing the older storyline stuff.

Galka never had "females" and perpetually renew their numbers by reincarnation. How do you get more Galka?

Well, every now and then a spirit that should have gone into one of the other crystals ends up in the Galka mothercrystal and...bang. "New" Galka.
    (2)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast