Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60

A proposed way to fix HNM's in ToAU area

Since there's a discussion concerning Mythic right now, I thought it'd be a nice idea to take a moment to run this through.

Cerberus
    Khimaira
    Hydra

These are the big bad boys of the ToAU area. They are needed to be killed in order for one to make a Mythic.

Nidhogg
    Aspidecholon (SP)
    King Behemoth

These are the big bads for the Black Belt quest. These are pop nm's that are being spammed right now due to the login campaign.

I'll try this appeal again: Can we please make the HNM's in ToAU areas also pop mobs? 48/72 hours to -wait- on a mob to respawn is just too long, if Matsui even cares about the M segment, he'll at least make -one- portion not so bad of a headache since people can pop their own NM's and not fear of being outclaimed by someone wanting the kill just for the sword/club/axe/GS and have trust issues who won't invite people needing the kill.

(Right now I gave up on Hauteclaire because I don't want to spend a possible 24 hours waiting on Khim for only a 7% chance of the sword dropping, and then the fear of being outclaimed by someone or a bot.)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    Since there's a discussion concerning Mythic right now, I thought it'd be a nice idea to take a moment to run this through.

Cerberus
    Khimaira
    Hydra

These are the big bad boys of the ToAU area. They are needed to be killed in order for one to make a Mythic.

Nidhogg
    Aspidecholon (SP)
    King Behemoth

These are the big bads for the Black Belt quest. These are pop nm's that are being spammed right now due to the login campaign.

I'll try this appeal again: Can we please make the HNM's in ToAU areas also pop mobs? 48/72 hours to -wait- on a mob to respawn is just too long, if Matsui even cares about the M segment, he'll at least make -one- portion not so bad of a headache since people can pop their own NM's and not fear of being outclaimed by someone wanting the kill just for the sword/club/axe/GS and have trust issues who won't invite people needing the kill.

(Right now I gave up on Hauteclaire because I don't want to spend a possible 24 hours waiting on Khim for only a 7% chance of the sword dropping, and then the fear of being outclaimed by someone or a bot.)
    The Beastmen Lords would be nice to have a pop as well:

Medusa
    Gurfurlur the Menacing
    Gulool Ja Ja
    (0)

Player

Cerberus
    Khimaira
    Hydra

No they aren't. The beastkings are.
    (2)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    No they aren't. The beastkings are.
    So I forgot about the bigger bads, either way these enormous respawn times are just too long.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Cerberus
    Khimaira
    Hydra

Nidhogg
    Aspidecholon (SP)
    King Behemoth

they are not needed to be killed to be able to do a mythic....

go hunt gurfurl, medas and jarjarbinks, those 3 are needed for a mythic

and if you think the NM/Title gathering part is hard you better stop now on the mythic (because it is the easiest and fastest part of the mythic quest)
    (0)

Hello,

Reducing the spawn timers for Gulool Ja Ja, Gurfurlur the Menacing, and Medusa is something that we would like to look into carefully, especially because they are needed for building mythic weapons.

In addition to the fact that we’ve eased up on the difficulty of salvage and other content, we are planning to make it possible to enhance mythic weapons even further with the scheduled revamps, and we’ve determined that we are not quite at the proper point in time to reduce the spawn timers.

We would like to keep an eye on conditions and there is a possibility that we make this change down the line.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

Reducing the spawn timers for Gulool Ja Ja, Gurfurlur the Menacing, and Medusa is something that we would like to look into carefully, especially because they are needed for building mythic weapons.

In addition to the fact that we’ve eased up on the difficulty of salvage and other content, we are planning to make it possible to enhance mythic weapons even further with the scheduled revamps, and we’ve determined that we are not quite at the proper point in time to reduce the spawn timers.

We would like to keep an eye on conditions and there is a possibility that we make this change down the line.
    Take a letter, Camate.

Address it to the devs.

Tell them that the NMs are for the useless level 75 versions of mythic, not the level 99 versions that are getting buffed, which will have other arduous and/or impossible tasks in order to ensure that no one attains them.

Thank you.
    (17)

Player
    Hello,

we’ve determined that we are not quite at the proper point in time to reduce the spawn timers.
    Really? Just... really?

Everything from this point forward is to whoever thought this was a good response on the subject...

You make me want to quit this game with your insanely stupid reasoning for not doing things which make perfect sense. What is point is there in having NMs at level 75 content that take this long to pop in the first place? The challenge should be the fight, not me waiting around watching a movie or a TV show for 3 days straight while waiting on a stupid easy ass monster to pop up so I can kill it in less than 5 minutes so that I can move on to one of the other 2 monsters that are exactly the same in terms of how long they take to pop up, and are still no challenge at all. If you want to challenge me, make me earn my weapon, make it reasonable. I hate farming Dynamis, but at least I am doing something, at least it has a chance at entertaining me, I dont enter the area & proceed to watch a TV show or movie, clean my house, goto the store, or otherwise while I wait on your game to be slightly enjoyable to me, I actually do something. But this... this content? No, this is nothing but a waste my, and everyone else's, time.

We pay to play FFXI, we log on to play FFXI, we play FFXI to have fun, enjoy ourselves, and spend time with others in the community who's company we enjoy. You creating or leaving content like this in your game, that does nothing fun, nothing enjoyable, its only boring, stupid, and a waste of my time. If you can not see the flaw in this, the fallacy in your logic when choosing to leave this shit in your game, then I have no words for you, none, because you obviously cant comprehend the idea of being in the entertainment business, or good game design.
    (20)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    And you can't express yourself without using "funny" memes?
    Words alone can not convey emotion in nearly the same way a face or tone of voice. Since we can not post audio on the forums, pictures or memes are the best way for someone to convey the emotion they are feeling outside of words.
    (0)

Character
    Dulek
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hello,

If this response was from Matsui, it was a poorly thought out response. The difficulty was never with Salvage, it was the inane amount of Alexandrite required and the very limited means of acquiring it. Starting with the average of how little Alexandrite dropped per run while consuming a great deal of other people's time that can't work towards the same goal without the process being dragged out unreasonably long.

You have enough forced time sinks in the Mythic quest line, there shouldn't be an issue with adjusting the timers on those 3 mobs.
    (10)
    Last edited by Dulek; 09-11-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast