Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Thumbs up for offhand relics and Kikoku buffs! I doubt they will put offhand relics back on the map though, they had an error where it worked in the offhand and they quickly removed it stating that it was not intentional, and that they would not be implementing such a thing.

This is all very irritating considering that Blade: Hi from my 85 Kanagi makes my 95 Kikoku something I would much rather offhand. Perhaps better yet would be if weapons still gave their weapon skills while in the offhand position. I'm sure they will just site that as being unbalanced for players with 2h weapons. We all know 1h weapons are just so competitive with 2h weapons these days right!?.
    (1)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I could understand partial lock out of relic weapons (like say possibly hidden effects) but have to agree that total lock out in offhand is rather silly when you end up with other offhand daggers that add to str and att where relics only add att (and if allowed a mostly pointless add effect save sword).

As far as the 1hand becoming unbalanced with 2h if given offhand stat available....I doubt it. Currently 1hand emp don't give ws offhand so I don't see this ever happening with relic. I would be happy just to see the actual stat bonus and add effects work at the very least. Additionally I would love to see it made so that the hidden 3x/2.5x/2x damage effects were true 10~20% proc rates on all attacks with the weapon instead of first strike of every round only. Given the low proc rate in comparison to emp aftermath and the fact that emp aftermath can proc on every hit of that primary hand weapon, I don't see why relics are limited to first strike of every round

IE:
    If I have 1300 attacks in 900 rounds then I'll have ~90-180 hidden procs with relic weapon (depending on hidden type). Given that keeping up aftermath is not unrealistic, but has situational limiters, I can drop roughly 25% of the attacks off 1300 for 975 attacks. At lvl 1 aftermath of 30% ODD you're still going to see ODD proc on ~292 of those attacks. Even if emp were limited to a limit of 1st per round that would still be ~190-220 proc rate out of 900 rounds.

SE's most probable retort to this is that relics don't need WS to activate the hidden Proc rate, but does that really justify it? Even severely limiting the fact that you'd have aftermath up (I've done this to as low as 60% up time) it still procs more often that an always active hidden effect primarily due to their limitation of being stuck on first strike of every round.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kitkat; 06-14-2012 at 03:37 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11