Character
    Jessyy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

Chat filters for combat.

To whom it may concern,

Please fix the way we can filter our chats.

The main reason of this is because is extremely frustrating to keep up on some vital tasks in a fight such as stun to just mention one. All the "[anyone] is readying [something]" x 15 when you need just a specific warning that tells you the monster we are fighting is about to do some c**p that will put all alliance close to death or will wipe us all.

I've tried countless ways to just have the mob warning but is just impossible. The best I have is all alliance readying w/e they need then in the middle of all that spam the mob readying something appears, is nearly ridiculous to be staring at a chat log for something like that.

I really don't know if a 3rd party tool can fix this (neither I want to promote it at all) But if it does is just another way to be unfairly surpassed by players that use that software.

I hope this can be fixed without much "this is the core of the code, so we can't do much" thing.

Thank you.
    (5)
    Last edited by DoctorM; 08-10-2013 at 04:23 AM.

There is a way to filter out your chat to see what your target monster is doing. It takes some tweaking to get right. When you DO get them right, you'll be able to see just the mob and yourself in chat when it comes to actions/combat related messages. All while still seeing say/party/ls/etc chats. Also, don't forget to use chat holds. Makes looking for party and ls messages a lot easier.

I am not currently at the game right now, otherwise I would give you my filters for such things like stunning. All this comes from years of having to stun old 75 HNMs like Khim and Cerb when Gates of Hates was beast and Fulmination was devastating.
    (3)

Character
    Jessyy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Thanks a lot for replying.

Supposedly "Special actions started on/by foes" and filter everything else but what you do should be enough. Sadly you see all the spam that everyone in alliance is readying against the mob, including spells, weaponskills and others. And that in such important stuff like NM's is really annoying >.<

Or even worse you can end up just watching tp moves/spells only when mob is targeting you when its doing them. So you have to open all other "special actions" which, again, gives you a hell of spam.

Would be awesome if you can share the wisdom to see if I can get rid of all this chat log spam. I really hope that's possible.

And thanks about the "hold" options, I do use em, I don't have issues with following ls/chat/pt. ^^
    (1)
    Last edited by DoctorM; 08-10-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    "Special Actions started by..." should cover that. I keep most of the chat filters on minus those.
    (0)

Just got back from a trip today. Thought I would upload some images for you. Took a quick screen capture in windowed mode.

You'll notice the pattern pretty quickly. I've since updated the chat since I don't stun anymore. Playing Pld too much, only stun when you know you need to stun. That's another story though.

Please let me know if you need any clarification on the images below.

(1)

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I never understood what the hold on the chat filters meant.
    (0)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert_Lakshmi View Post
    I never understood what the hold on the chat filters meant.
    It makes it hover above the chat window for a few seconds while all other spam continues on. Nice for LS chat and party chat.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Infidi View Post
    It makes it hover above the chat window for a few seconds while all other spam continues on. Nice for LS chat and party chat.
    Exactly! That way, if people are trying to convey their instructions to others/you, you can catch the chat.
    (0)

Character
    Jessyy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephrose View Post
    Just got back from a trip today. Thought I would upload some images for you. Took a quick screen capture in windowed mode.

You'll notice the pattern pretty quickly. I've since updated the chat since I don't stun anymore. Playing Pld too much, only stun when you know you need to stun. That's another story though.

Please let me know if you need any clarification on the images below.

Hello and thanks so much for posting pics ^^

I got a few questions, I have more or less the same filters, sadly all the "special actions started on/by [someone]" not just will put when the enemy readies a TP move, it also it add all alliance JA's and WS', and that, on alliance fights can be impossible to follow sometimes.

So normally with those chat filters the chat log will be like this:
    [someone] is readying WS on [enemy]
    [someone] is readying [JA]
    [enemy] is readying some-crap-wipe-us-all-tp-move on [someone in alliance (normally not mages)]

So in between all those special actions that went on and by alliance/mob it appears just in a flash second the move I am looking for, sometimes the spam is so bad in an alliance that is easy to miss it, especially cus they all are in the same color >.<

I am getting it wrong or SE should separate the concept on ON and BY in two different filters. Or at least make it a way to change only mob actions font color.

Thanks Zephrose for your hard work ^^b
    (3)
    Last edited by DoctorM; 08-13-2013 at 04:18 AM.

So if you're seeing just the TP/WS actions of the party/ally, that's what you need. At that point, it's just a timing issue. Client to server lag that might be caused by you and/or se at the time of play. I wont lie, the filters are not going to make you pro at Stunning, but simply help you identify the actions quicker.

Also remember, macro stuns are slower than manual stuns. And though this sounds contrary, it is fact. When you use macro's, it takes 1, 2, or even 2.5 more seconds to fire off stun, then if you would be in the spell list with the stun spell ready to fire.(example is, if you're in the spell list targeting the mob with the sub-target already locked) This is caused by macro's taking extra steps to process each line within the macro.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about the list I gave you above.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast