Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can anyone HONESTLY justify this?

Looks like S-E didn't anticipate some things when they made Akaso Thread and Cloth part of the AF requirements. On Cerberus, people are grifting GEOs for 1.7M per thread--in case you don't know, all 3 pieces require one. If that's not bad enough, the one cloth needed is 3M.

If this isn't outright robbery, I'd like to hear what's honest about this. *SMDH*
    (7)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    Looks like S-E didn't anticipate some things when they made Akaso Thread and Cloth part of the AF requirements. On Cerberus, people are grifting GEOs for 1.7M per thread--in case you don't know, all 3 pieces require one. If that's not bad enough, the one cloth needed is 3M.

If this isn't outright robbery, I'd like to hear what's honest about this. *SMDH*
    1. Supply vs. Demand:

Right now, people are camping the spots to get the grass. It sucks, and is competitive, but that's what happens whenever something new is released; you want to be the first person to get it. There is so much demand, an so little supply, that the prices can go through the roof. In a couple of weeks, the price will go down. I expect as much when we get JSE ilvl whatever for all the jobs. (same thing happened with the petrified logs which were going for over 100k, even though I had like 20 drop the day before in voidwatch).

2. Clothcraft 96 is needed to make it. Do you have clothcraft 96? No? Well, the clothcrafters can charge whatever they want then.

3. I was able to get a good bunch of grass for free. By harvesting it... Ya, it takes work, and I was under the threat of death ALL THE TIME, but I still did it... I should be able to sell it for whatever I want.

4. If everyone got together and was like: "This grass is only worth 10k, don't buy it unless it's for 10k," then the price would be... around 10k. The major reason that it's 1.7M per thread is because you are willing to pay that much. If you aren't willing to pay that much, farm the mats, or wait for it to drop in price.
    (12)

Player
    This is what is known as supply and demand.
    (5)

Player
    Justified and bonafied. there are alternatives to being lazy
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Get out there and harvest.
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    As others have said, it's justified because so many people want it. Strange that people don't understand how high demand and low supply makes price go up.
    (1)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would say GEOs got off pretty easy, anyone remember blu af quest when it was first added only way to Imperial silk cloth was a desyth of a soulflyers robe. Once the rush is over it'll come down, the mats are common enough and can be gotten solo.
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

The day Geomancer was released petrified logs went from npc price to 600k on Asura, now they're back to normal. If you don't want to pay the gil just wait for all the "gotta have it now" people to get their shit and the price will come down. Geo isn't exactly cheap anyway, the spells cost silly money on their own.
    (5)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    While I'm not exactly thrilled about this, at the same time, not being a high level crafter myself I am able to go out and mine/harvest/fight monsters to sell other items for similarly high prices. I'm sure the prices won't stay so high forever, and neither will the value of the items I'm able to sell, so it will work itself out I think.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm on the fence with this. Crafters certainly have the right to charge whatever they want for their services. So I think that part is justified. However, the only source of Akaso is primarily through harvesting. This will leave this pretty high for a long while because it's not a common harvest item. Yeah it's possible to get it randomly from a reive in Yorcia Weald, but that's not really reliable. That's being really lucky with all the other potential drops in that pool.

RUN got off a lot easier on materials which is a bit unfair in my opinion. You can fight crawlers in Yorcia Weald for Redoubtable Silk Thread instead of the overcamped harvesting points. Corroded Ore can be farmed off worms in Cirdas Caverns. Without any TH I got x2 of each within a dozen mobs. And Runeweave is just bought with bayld. Comparatively seeing as the majority of GEO is made with Akaso, it's a pretty horrible bottleneck.

I'm sure there are people who would disagree because it's a nice way to make a lot of gil but it's not really balanced to be honest. The demand will remain up there for a long time simply because Akaso isn't a common harvesting item. If it also dropped on monsters as well as harvested, I would be completely ok with it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast