Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    @ Randwolf not every relic holder had a ls to get the relic for them a lot of people spent time farming, leveling multiple crafts to 100 to get funds, doing dynamis aswell, cockblocked by a nm who wouldn't drop the right attestation for months etc. Just saying it's funny how you assume relic holders are lazy.

The more i think about it the more i feel se will give relics a final hard trial and some will be better than the other weapon counterparts and some will not.
    (0)
    Mandau

Twashtar

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaeluk View Post
    @ Randwolf not every relic holder had a ls to get the relic for them a lot of people spent time farming, leveling multiple crafts to 100 to get funds, doing dynamis aswell, cockblocked by a nm who wouldn't drop the right attestation for months etc. Just saying it's funny how you assume relic holders are lazy.

The more i think about it the more i feel se will give relics a final hard trial and some will be better than the other weapon counterparts and some will not.
    From what I saw, you are in a group which is a minority of relic holders. Very few solo'd theirs. And, some of the ones that did, used questionable means to raise the gil. My issue is that many of these relic holders did little more work than was done for them by their LS. But, they act as though they personally solo'd Dynamis week after week to upgrade the weapon. I've helped multiple people attain both relics and empy weapons. Most were good people and appreciative. Quite a few were self-serving SOB's. So, although some people busted their butts to get them, I saw many more that rode an LS to get them or used questionable means to get the gil to buy them.

Needless to say, to me, the mystic aura which surrounded these weapons when I first started has faded to tarnished silver plating.
    (0)
    Last edited by Randwolf; 03-25-2011 at 03:02 AM.
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    "SE giveth, and SE taketh away."

If they choose to make the weapons the best, so be it. If they don't, it is no worse than arbitrarily banning you, which is also entirely within their powers. At the moment, you are lucky to have invested your Gil in a relic, as opposed to virtually anything else.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I give up. I can't crush grudges you have against other people. Especially over the internet. Just try and put yourself in the shoes of a legitimate relic or mythic owner. If you don't see where we are coming from then you aren't a reasonable person.

The answer to why some people hate relics so much: Ill deserved resentment (in most cases) and lack of empathy.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    At the moment, you are lucky to have invested your Gil in a relic, as opposed to virtually anything else.
    Wait a minute do you really think i have not lost gil in items aswell such as my dusk gloves +1, etc etc. Of course i have.
    (0)
    Mandau

Twashtar

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaeluk View Post
    Wait a minute do you really think i have not lost gil in items aswell such as my dusk gloves +1, etc etc. Of course i have.
    Well, think about it like this:
    Add up the price of currency for Mandau from when you got Mandau.
    Add up the the currency for Mandau at current prices (the current market value of a Mandau).

How much did you pay for your Dusk Gloves +1?
    What is the value of your Dusk Gloves +1 right now? - I'll fill this in, about 4mil

Percentage-wise, which was a worse investment?
    (0)

Character
    Klostro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin View Post
    I don't hate relics.. i hate people who think they are entitled to the best weapon in the game.. because they did some retarded long quest.
    If it took a year to make your empyrean weapon, instead of a week, would you be mad if I got a weapon that was better than yours in 2 days from an NM drop?
    (0)

Character
    Nephilipitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    Well considering my 2 90 jobs are Sch and Pup, Relics mean nothing to me right now. I can't use any of the Relics, and so I didn't really know that they existed for the most part because I mainly focus on Scholar and Pup single mindedly until I get them geared up.

I don't know if i will care about relics, but before you QQ about Relics being underpowered and need to be boosted to be stronger than everything else, maybe every job needs a relic before that. Until then i'll worry about my Empyrean cause that's all I can do.

It's not really a lack of empathy for those who legitimately earned their Relics as well. Who knows how much of the gear I'm working for right now will become outdated when the level cap hits 99. Maybe I'm not working as hard as you think I need to be, to be comparatively worried, but at the same time... You sign on to an MMO knowing that if something major does happen to the game, the stuff you're working so hard to accomplish will be doable much easier at some point.

You just have to do what you think is best for your character. If you care about your relic weapon maybe you don't have to have the best possible weapon, maybe just do trials for your weapon of choice and go "Ya know what? This thing is important to me and I'll take care of it, and hopefully Square Enix will reward me at some point. But if they don't, this thing is near and dear to me. I wear this with honor."

Sometimes you just have to use the items you want to use, and just use Atma to handle what ever shortfalls that gives you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nephilipitou; 03-25-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Character
    Lorzy
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilipitou View Post
    Well considering my 2 90 jobs are Sch and Pup, Relics mean nothing to me right now. I can't use any of the Relics, and so I didn't really know that they existed for the most part because I mainly focus on Scholar and Pup single mindedly until I get them geared up.

I don't know if i will care about relics, but before you QQ about Relics being underpowered and need to be boosted to be stronger than everything else, maybe every job needs a relic before that. Until then i'll worry about my Empyrean cause that's all I can do.
    this was addressed on the first page of the thread.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by klostro View Post
    If it took a year to make your empyrean weapon, instead of a week, would you be mad if I got a weapon that was better than yours in 2 days from an NM drop?
    No, I'd go camp the NM.

Speaking as one of those people who worked for years to get other people relics, I really enjoy my empyrean weapon. I won't be crying if next update relics come out on top of empyreans, in fact I think it would be cool if having a relic meant you also got access to the empyrean weapon skill on your relic. I don't hate the people I got nice gear for, but it's nice that I'm finally also able to obtain nice gear even though I don't have a great way to farm millions of gil.
    (0)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast