Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Schatzie
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardNixon View Post
    The real problem is weapons like the empyrean bow and gun being way too good compared to every other weapon in the game

the bow and gun really need nerfing
    Fixed that for you, Jishnu's and Wildfire blow Coronach and Namas out of the water.
    (0)

2. 03-24-2011 03:10 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic

I hate Nirvana because by it being -4 perp to all avatars, it locked SE out of the possibility to add any new -4 perp to all avatars staff for casuals. EVEN THOUGH it can be upgraded to more -perp, they are still stuck "in case someone doesn't want to upgrade it".

That is all my hating on relics/mythics. The short sightedness in design, and then all future items are blocked from you.

Should have been an all elements -perp staff on magians. But yea, I picked the wrong job if I wanted any quality items.
    (0)

Player
    I don't hate the weapons ..

I hate the users...

Like i don't hate guns.. i hate murderers

I dont hate pencils.. i hate people who can't spell

I don't hate relics.. i hate people who think they are entitled to the best weapon in the game.. because they did some retarded long quest.
    (0)

5. 03-24-2011 03:53 AM

Character
    Ulma
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Namas arrow is seriously overpowered, a no hate WS that crits? it is amazing.
    (0)
    Kannagi 2/50 0/50 3/75
    Almace 3/50 1/50 4/75
    Masamune 45/50 3/50 0/75
    Caladbolg 50/50 50/50 33/75
    Gandiva 5/50 2/50 0/75
    Redemption 0/50 0/50 0/75
    Verethragna 1/50 0/50 0/75

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin View Post

I hate the users...

I don't hate relics.. i hate people who think they are entitled to the best weapon in the game.. because they did some retarded long quest.
    I think this is the general sentiment. While it may not be true of yourself there are many relic users who look down and troll those who don't have them. I think it's more annoyance at this behavior than jealousy. Some of the relic owners are some of the most helpful and friendly people in game i know. Unfortunately many others are elitist douchebags. this doesn't influence my personal opinion on relic weapons though, as i think they deserve to be at least comparable to their empyrean counterparts, but many are just happy to see the relic owners get taken down a notch.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin View Post

I hate the users...

This post summarizes the feelings of many people reading your threads.

To the OP, there is too much self-entitlement in your posts to want you to get your way. The trials of the past were done for the level 75 weapon. Anything that comes from this point should ignore previous work and require extensive difficulty (read: not something you may purchase your way to) to obtain. If the 90 base is used as a starting point for the best weapon, it by no means should involve nerfing empyreans, nor should relic owners just be handed the best weapon in the game for no future work. It is just not how the game should operate.

TearValerin and Rambus, I say this with the utmost of sincerity and with your best interests in mind, do your fellow relic owners a favor and stop posting.
    (0)

@OP: Because the only people left who have Relics and not Empyreans tend to be the biggest whiners in the game. Emps are not that hard. If Amano being second best bothers someone, they can get a Masamune and still have both weapons for whatever content we get at 99.

Getting the best in 2007 doesn't earn you a free pass for the rest of the game's life. If you want to be the best, you have to keep working to stay the best.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    @OP: Because the only people left who have Relics and not Empyreans tend to be the biggest whiners in the game. Emps are not that hard. If Amano being second best bothers someone, they can get a Masamune and still have both weapons for whatever content we get at 99.

Getting the best in 2007 doesn't earn you a free pass for the rest of the game's life. If you want to be the best, you have to keep working to stay the best.
    I don't think anyone with a relic expects a free ride to 99. I hope they do give us some really hard quest for the 99 versions myself. Obviously i hope the 99 versions are not a let down either.
    (0)
    Mandau

Twashtar

Quote Originally Posted by TearValerin View Post
    The problem is, relic owners spend months making their weapon, only to be second best by weapons that take no time to get. Empyrean weapons can be made in a few days, relics can be made in a few months on good runs. That is entirely not fair. Very few relics can compete with empyreans, and it isn't cool that someone can be better than another person over night who worked for months for his weapon.
    My problem with relics is two-fold.

First and foremost is this attitude the person I quoted has. The "ZOMG I spent forever upgrading this legitimately it should remain the best forever" attitude. You don't see the people who spent years acquiring Dalmaticas, adaberks, homam, ridill, heca gear, salvage gear, byakkos haidate, etc complaining that they got screwed. AF3 is better then that gear, and much easier to get. If those pieces are replaced, then good for the game, relics should be no different. Other games don't bother to let you continue to use old gear when new stuff is added and better. Relic owners should be happy they got magian trials to upgrade stuff at all and stfu about it.

Now, let me clear up my perspective of most relic holders, it might not be true for all servers, but on the 3 I have been on (I transferred once with some friends and got merged once), 95% of all the relics are owned by people who acquired them in a 'bad' fashion. They either fish botted gil while they slept and bought it, they RMTd gil to get it, or they made an LS and had said LS farm them gil/currency to get the relic. These are not people I give 2 craps about, and them getting hosed is perfectly fine with me. I fail to see how using any of these 3 methods that most people used to acquire relics makes them difficult to obtain, so people complaining about all the effort they put into it I see as liars or stupid.
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeluk View Post
    I don't think anyone with a relic expects a free ride to 99. I hope they do give us some really hard quest for the 99 versions myself. Obviously i hope the 99 versions are not a let down either.
    Well yes, but you have a Twashtar so there . I'm referring to Rambus and a couple others who have made or posted in all these Relic threads, yet haven't bothered with a replacement Empyrean despite it being "easy".

I doubt the final products will be too much of a letdown for the stronger Relics. Weaker and mid-tier relics have always been fairly lackluster so not much has changed there anyways. Moving outside of Abyssea will allow more of the Relic WS to shine, as well, if they continue to add flat-% damage increases to them. I'm not sure anything can fix Catastrophe, but Guillotine is still a solid WS outside Abyssea anyways.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast