Greetings monipulators.

How does Vana’diel look through the eyes of a monster? Just when Ronfaure rabbits thought they were safe from adventurers, now they have to worry about monsters they thought were friendly!

Below Ryota Iwagami has answered some questions about the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryota_Iwagami View Post
Hello.

Thanks for your thoughts on Monstrosity thus far!
I’m breathing a little easier now that it seems like you are all enjoying it.

We are currently working on expansions for this content, so please look forward to it as you play with the system.

Now then, I’d like to answer a couple of questions.
  • Positioning when teleporting to areas from the Feretory
    Considering the implementation of PvP, we’ve made the position you teleport to random so you are not stalked and forced to fight the same person over and over. When in non-PvP mode, it’s possible to address this so you spawn in fixed locations, but there is a concern that it will result in fighting for monster claims in the area you spawn. Also, allowing you to choose your spawn point will result in problems of how we will have you choose the location, so we’ve made it so it is selected randomly from multiple points. We would like to continue making this content easy to play, so please continue to submit you feedback.

• Relinquish destination
    There is a reason why you are returned to your adventurer form when you select to relinquish your monster form.
    Considering the usability for future content, we'd like to monitor the current situation for a while. Once we have something to share we will be sure to let you all know.

• Magic spells
    I received some additional responses about this while I was in the midst of preparing a reply, and I will be posting in the coming days. It's going to take me a little bit.

• Area expansion
    We need to give consideration for the balance with other content, and while it won't happen during August, we are in the midst of working on this. We are putting priority on implementing levels for large-scale monsters that will be difficult to level up.

Our aim is to inspire you through Monstrosity to play other content and do other things you haven’t done before, so we’ve added some elements where it would be beneficial to obtain items as an adventurer. One example is the items you can obtain from Mog Gardens.

This is a collaborative plan designed around the below ideas:
  • Make it so people who have yet to experience Mog Gardens have an opportunity to do so
  • Make it so people who have experienced Mog Gardens but have yet to play Monstrosity give it a chance because they are obtaining these items.

In addition to Mog Gardens, we plan on having other events where you can obtain seeds and other special items, so please look forward to it.

The items you can obtain for Monstrosity as an adventurer have been created to make playing Monstrosity even more fun, so basically we will not be making it so if you don’t obtain items as an adventurer you cannot become a new monster family. Looking at everyone’s comments, there was some surprise that there was one somewhat difficult element for unlocking a sub-species, but we’ve prepared elements you can aim for to make Monstrosity even more fun, so please talk with your fellow monipulators and try to go obtain these items together.

Thank you.
Also, if you could please use this thread to centralize all feedback relating to Monstrosity it would help out a lot! Thanks