Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Probably been mentioned before but why the heck does my monster get shield mastery and reprisal if it can't block. And why can't it block if pld mobs we fight can?
    (3)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Probably been mentioned before but why the heck does my monster get shield mastery and reprisal if it can't block. And why can't it block if pld mobs we fight can?
    I'm guessing because the PLD monsters you have in mind are shield-wielding beastmen, not shieldless beetles.
    (0)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Most pld monsters (crabs, wamouras, etc.) can't block. The only type I know that might be able to (besides beastmen/whatever with shields) is admantoise, and even than that might just be guard or a random physical damage reduction trait SE gave them.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    I'm guessing because the PLD monsters you have in mind are shield-wielding beastmen, not shieldless beetles.
    Actually I have adamantoise in mind. I guess it's probably more like some haxed guard really but they aren't mnk types so yeah. And it's not just pdt since it clear effects some hits but not others. Still begs the question why can I cast reprisal lol. Or why do my thf mobs still get TH and gilfinder when I can't get drops or gil
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-02-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Actually I have adamantoise in mind. I guess it's probably more like some haxed guard really but they aren't mnk types so yeah. And it's not just pdt since it clear effects some hits but not others. Still begs the question why can I cast reprisal lol. Or why do my thf mobs still get TH and gilfinder when I can't get drops or gil
    TH might be usefull later on, if they add unlockables requiring monster drops. It's pretty early in the content, after all.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Chigoes attack is broken but has been declared not a bug even though it clearly is broken. Certainly provides a significant loss of game enjoyment to have 40 att at lvl 60. I suggest you actually consider it a bug and fix it
    Again, it isn't a bug. Chigoe gives up some atk in order to hit faster.

If your atk is that low at 60, you're not putting on enough atk instincts.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Again, it isn't a bug. Chigoe gives up some atk in order to hit faster.

If your atk is that low at 60, you're not putting on enough atk instincts.
    Again you aren't listening. Forgetting how disproportionate the att lose to speed gain is... it is stacking additively . So -50% debuff means you are actually at -90% total. Add in bio and you have -100%. Please tell me what outside of the 2 +% att instincts (one of which gives slow completely destroying the point of using chigoe the other only being 5%) what I can do add to make -100% att not result in 0?

Right now on lvl 60 chigoe +145 att and +47 str and only am up to 242 att. Now I go fight a leech and my att goes down to 40 exactly... so nice try with use more attack instinct but it's completely wrong. Oh and to give you an idea of the difference my 61 scorpion has 545 att with those same instincts and only goes down to 317 att when fighting the leech. Almost 8 times as much att under the same exact situation.... so I'm not sure I'd call it gives up "some att"

Now you could say just don't fight mobs with attack down moves (though really the problem is almost as bad with mobs with +def moves too)... aside from the fact that that pretty much admits it's a huge problem what happens in mvm or mvp? When everyone who knows about this flaw will be able to render your chigoes physical dmg litterally down to 0? Kinda makes the monster unplayable

Also if chigoe is giving up some att to hit faster what exactly is it getting from not being able to use tp?
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-03-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Player
    Again you aren't listening. Forgetting how disproportionate the att lose to speed gain is... it is stacking additively . So -50% debuff means you are actually at -90% total. Add in bio and you have -100%. Please tell me what outside of the 2 +% att instincts (one of which gives slow completely destroying the point of using chigoe the other only being 5%) what I can do add to make -100% att not result in 0?

Right now on lvl 60 chigoe +145 att and +47 str and only am up to 242 att. Now I go fight a leech and my att goes down to 40 exactly... so nice try with use more attack instinct but it's completely wrong. Oh and to give you an idea of the difference my 61 scorpion has 545 att with those same instincts and only goes down to 317 att when fighting the leech. Almost 8 times as much att under the same exact situation.... so I'm not sure I'd call it gives up "some att"

Now you could say just don't fight mobs with attack down moves (though really the problem is almost as bad with mobs with +def moves too)... aside from the fact that that pretty much admits it's a huge problem what happens in mvm or mvp? When everyone who knows about this flaw will be able to render your chigoes physical dmg litterally down to 0? Kinda makes the monster unplayable

Also if chigoe is giving up some att to hit faster what exactly is it getting from not being able to use tp?
    Chigoes have always been a niche mob though... high evasion, low attack, DA, I think I've seen one TA before, the ability to be one shot by criticals.. I'm not surprised they take a big hit when they get womped with attack down at low levels of attack.. I mean attack down takes a huge hit on adventurers at lower levels compared to higher levels where players have the attack to spare
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Chigoes have always been a niche mob though... high evasion, low attack, DA, I think I've seen one TA before, the ability to be one shot by criticals.. I'm not surprised they take a big hit when they get womped with attack down at low levels of attack.. I mean attack down takes a huge hit on adventurers at lower levels compared to higher levels where players have the attack to spare
    First off, if you want to make a monster with low attack, do the smart thing, make it have low attack. Don't incur a 40% natural attack penalty on the creature which is impossible to avoid. For one, it makes it so no matter what you put on it, the attack of instincts and such are lessened quite a bit, if I put DRK on, I get 30 instead of my 50 Attack.

Secondly, its not nearly as simple as you make it seem. Its not something you simply grow out of as you get to higher levels, in fact, it gets worse. At lower levels the amount you lose is not that high, due to your lower attack you normally have, while at higher levels, you need a nice bit of attack to be able to hurt the enemy even, and at higher levels, the enemies you fight have stronger Attack Down effects, such as Bio becoming Bio II or III. The problem mostly comes from the fact it stacks, if it were just a naturally low attack rather than a stacking effect, it would be fine, however, it doesn't work that way. If I normally should have 400 attack, I will have 240, now, if something casts Bio II on me, normally as a monster with 240 I would be reduced 10%, which would leave me at 216, instead, however instead, thanks to the stacking factor, I get left at 200. I am losing basically about 17% Attack because of that massive flaw in the race. What happens when a stronger effect comes along? Something like, say, -40% Attack, which I believe is what Trio Bats give, well, normally my 240 would go to 144, thanks to the fact my attack should be 400 though, and my attack penalty is now a stacked amount of -80%, my attack is left at 80. I am losing 66.6% of my Attack, the overall potency of the Attack down is about 160~170% more effective, just because of my race, at this point, on a Easy Prey mob like a Bat which can do this sort of thing, my attacks would go from wherever they are, do basically a flat out 0.

These mobs already have no TP moves, a large penalty all on its own, to make its attack suck this badly, removes physical from your options of ways to deal damage nearly completely on any mob who can abuse it. Simply avoiding this mobs isn't an answer, its a solution, but only to the extent of saying 'yes, its a problem, but we don't feel like it deserves to be fixed, instead, we rather limit you on where you can play this till you unlock BLM' which is stupid.
    (4)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Again you aren't listening. Forgetting how disproportionate the att lose to speed gain is... it is stacking additively . So -50% debuff means you are actually at -90% total.
    So... don't fight stuff that does atk down on you? This isn't rocket surgery, here.

Even on mobs other than chigoe, you usually wouldn't want to fight atk-down capable mobs anyway unless you either have Erase or the ability to beat them before they can do a TP move.
    (0)

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast