Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Monstrosity Feedback

Greetings monipulators.

How does Vana’diel look through the eyes of a monster? Just when Ronfaure rabbits thought they were safe from adventurers, now they have to worry about monsters they thought were friendly!

Below Ryota Iwagami has answered some questions about the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryota_Iwagami View Post
    Hello.

Thanks for your thoughts on Monstrosity thus far!
    I’m breathing a little easier now that it seems like you are all enjoying it.

We are currently working on expansions for this content, so please look forward to it as you play with the system.

Now then, I’d like to answer a couple of questions.
    • Positioning when teleporting to areas from the Feretory
      Considering the implementation of PvP, we’ve made the position you teleport to random so you are not stalked and forced to fight the same person over and over. When in non-PvP mode, it’s possible to address this so you spawn in fixed locations, but there is a concern that it will result in fighting for monster claims in the area you spawn. Also, allowing you to choose your spawn point will result in problems of how we will have you choose the location, so we’ve made it so it is selected randomly from multiple points. We would like to continue making this content easy to play, so please continue to submit you feedback.

• Relinquish destination
      There is a reason why you are returned to your adventurer form when you select to relinquish your monster form.
      Considering the usability for future content, we'd like to monitor the current situation for a while. Once we have something to share we will be sure to let you all know.

• Magic spells
      I received some additional responses about this while I was in the midst of preparing a reply, and I will be posting in the coming days. It's going to take me a little bit.

• Area expansion
      We need to give consideration for the balance with other content, and while it won't happen during August, we are in the midst of working on this. We are putting priority on implementing levels for large-scale monsters that will be difficult to level up.

Our aim is to inspire you through Monstrosity to play other content and do other things you haven’t done before, so we’ve added some elements where it would be beneficial to obtain items as an adventurer. One example is the items you can obtain from Mog Gardens.

This is a collaborative plan designed around the below ideas:
    • Make it so people who have yet to experience Mog Gardens have an opportunity to do so
    • Make it so people who have experienced Mog Gardens but have yet to play Monstrosity give it a chance because they are obtaining these items.

In addition to Mog Gardens, we plan on having other events where you can obtain seeds and other special items, so please look forward to it.

The items you can obtain for Monstrosity as an adventurer have been created to make playing Monstrosity even more fun, so basically we will not be making it so if you don’t obtain items as an adventurer you cannot become a new monster family. Looking at everyone’s comments, there was some surprise that there was one somewhat difficult element for unlocking a sub-species, but we’ve prepared elements you can aim for to make Monstrosity even more fun, so please talk with your fellow monipulators and try to go obtain these items together.

Thank you.
    Also, if you could please use this thread to centralize all feedback relating to Monstrosity it would help out a lot! Thanks
    (18)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Positioning when teleporting to areas from the Feretory
    Considering the implementation of PvP, we’ve made the position you teleport to random so you are not stalked and forced to fight the same person over and over. When in non-PvP mode, it’s possible to address this so you spawn in fixed locations, but there is a concern that it will result in fighting for monster claims in the area you spawn. Also, allowing you to choose your spawn point will result in problems of how we will have you choose the location, so we’ve made it so it is selected randomly from multiple points. We would like to continue making this content easy to play, so please continue to submit you feedback.
    Random spawn points would be 100% okay, and sometimes even lead to really pleasant surprises in zones I've rarely explored since level 75+ monsters were added to them, if the initial scampering stealth mode just lasted a bit longer.

My urge to punch some skeletons in Gusgen Mines as a Wet No. Two Mandragora was quickly ended by some rather aggressive Accursed Soldiers that the teleport roulette system saw fit to pit me against over and over again. The dead are not amused by poop jokes, for only the living can poop, and that fills them with jealous rage.
    (12)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 08-09-2013 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Grammar. Poop joke. Etc.

I'm not sure about the idea of giving us all the magic, but I noticed that I have Warp, but cannot use it on myself.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamph View Post
    I'm not sure about the idea of giving us all the magic, but I noticed that I have Warp, but cannot use it on myself.
    There's quite a few spells you can't use on yourself or others, such as Warp, Escape, Tractor, Raise, Reraise, Teleport spells, etc.

I'm guessing the magic list is still a work in progress? From what I've been hearing, you have to have unlocked the spells on your regular self first, before you can use them on appropriate monsters under Monstrosity, which would blow if you're someone who only focused on melee classes in their FFXI career.

Been enjoying the distraction at any rate. Just hope partying up becomes available on the update later this month, as lvl50+ starts to become a chore with the currently available areas.

And Camate, manage to unlock Behemoth yet?
    (3)
    Last edited by Kaisha; 08-09-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Player
    I understand the idea of random spawns but can you please make the locations it can put you dependent on the level you are at? Say for instance the Dunes, you would pop up somewhere near the Plateau or Highlands entrances if at 12 or under, and as you get higher the spawns to the west become possibilities as well after time. This would allow people the safety of being near the things at their target level more easily. As it stands now, someone can pick an area and be thrown into the highest level part, for instance as a level 30 Bee in the Glacier I expected to be near enemies who were level 34 as the menu suggested, however I was thrown all the way to the bottom area near Fei'yin with level 40 enemies scattered along my path to the easier enemies, while I was able to take our 1 or 2 Goblins who were 10~13 levels above me, I fell when a Goblin aggroed during my fight with a Tiger.

In the end, the random spawn caused my death, and the level suggestions are very often false because of this system, so you should make some sort of adjustment to where it will put you depending on your level. Had a I been a level 35 or 40, I would have ended up in a perfectly fine location, but as a Bee which was 10 levels under everything around me, it was simply an issue which killed me.
    (8)

Character
    Melraen
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Have to say, I've really been enjoying Monstrosity so far! It's nice to have something you can do purely for the fun of it. =3 I'm very much looking forward to being able to party up when it's possible. I agree though, it would be nice if the gestation state would last longer, or if the game would try to put you in places safer for your level.
    (2)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    A+ All around, fantastic job so far Can't wait to see how it "evolves"

I posted this in another thread, but to consolidate the feedback here, I'll add here as well.

These are all suggestions on ways to proceed forward, the implementation so far I love in every way!!

I was thinking about how adventurers partying with monsters could work and came up with the following suggestions:

Limit 1 party per alliance to monsters OR one party slot per party to monsters. Having an alliance of 18 Hahava's might be a little broken lol.

Have monsters share the same types of rules as pets- no casting buffs on pets or cures, but allow monsters to use abilities or magic on their adventuring party members. Allow monsters to buff/cure other monsters (currently allowed! a player playing as a beetle came by and cast cure on me when I was a mandragora).

When partying with adventurers, 'spawn' near the party leader, and include a weakness cool down if KO'd. I say keep the no weakness/random respawn for soloing or monster only parties.

Allow a special relationship between monsters in the same party as a beastmaster, either via the charm ability or a new ability. This would allow the beastmaster to use pet food on the monster, and use killer instinct, maybe even run wild etc. When "charmed" the beastmaster wouldnt actually have control over the monster, but could use those abilities listed above. Disallow the ability for a beastmaster to have an additional pet out while the monster is "charmed".

One other idea I had was to introduce a new method for "trading" otherwise rare/ex gear. Giving the feeling that even thought you may be dueling with a friend, you still have a chance to obtain a worthwhile item! This could be restricted to specific items, disallowing delve equipment, REM weapons, and other trial weapons, but perhaps allow VW pulse gear for example. The idea would be to have a monster and adventurer square off in a confrontation status, agreed on by both players, and both put something on the line such as a Toci's Harness and Anhur Robe. At the end of the bout, the winner recieves the item that the other player put up.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vivivivi; 08-09-2013 at 05:29 AM.

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Is it true that traits that do not function for MONs show up on their trait lists (Gilfinder and Treasure Hunter for example)? As well as unusable spells, like Warp?

Nix that, or let us use them please.

PS. I am definitely enjoying Monstrosity. I would like to have quests and NMs for my monster to battle for rewards. This would make maxing out our monsters more than just a fun pastime.
    (1)
    Last edited by Edyth; 08-09-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I also am enjoying monstrosity.

I have only two complaints:
    1. Infamy caps at 10000 & will not go any further until spent.
    2. Once defeated, I'd like to have a choice to return to the lobby instead of just to my adventuring form.
    (5)
    Last edited by Vagrua; 08-09-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Character
    Xyrlebrity
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I enjoy this new leveling system where we can be monsters and what not, but me and my friends have been having issues with playing with this. We can not check how tough monsters are, nor can we see the experience we are getting, or when we level up, and we can not check other people. We are not being able to to enjoy the full benefits of this game the way other players and are and it NEEEEEEDS TOOOO BEEEEE FIIIIIXED!!!!!!!!! Thank you :/
    (3)

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast