Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think SE just said well heck people seem to actually like this... we never need to work on it again! I'm still wondering when the things they talked about when it was released are coming... which was what 2 years now?
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    About 1.5 years ago, yeah. The last update it got was about a year ago. I went out and farmed Buburimu Penninsula as a Cerberus the other day just for funsies, but after I finished my Unity quests and burned out my exp enhancement I got bored of it and quit.

The initial idea and execution for this system were spot-on what they should have been (with one or two flaws that were fixed subsequently), but the only way to use the system was just to gain exp. The "next event" they introduced (PvM) was terribly executed to the extent that it didn't look like it had been tested or even thought through. They might have taken this system's dramatic failure as evidence that players are uninterested in Monstrosity, when in fact we're just uninterested in a system whose reward structure favors 1v1 fights but ensures that players can never win 1v1.

At present, monstrosity can be used to exp monsters until you're tired of it and after that it has no benefits (or impact on the character that you will resume playing). Obviously we'd ideally have integrated content (like a working version of PvM), but even something as simple as a monster rearing-esque KI system would greatly improve Monstrosity's appeal. Heck, you already have the KIs. Make a system where every 1000 monstrosity levels gets you 1 set point for Instincts on your main character. Monstrosity would become a very grindy way to improve yourself (~4 set points currently available). If you think this is too strong then just release a KI that is weak enough to be reasonable.
    (7)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Another part of the pvm that kinda ruined it were the rewards were crap behind a horrible farming system that even if it wasn't horrible was terribly grindy. It took me weeks of farming infamy on one character and letting another character just attack me while I didn't fight back to get the prestige to get like 4 torques to see what they did. With no reward it basically became a just for fun thing... but because it was clearly designed for the rewards it wasn't made for fun. Namely the huge losses in infamy/prestige. Which made people very unlikely to engage in a fight that wasn't overwhelmingly in there favor and thanks to the design 99% of the time things were in favor of the monsters. That 1% being if you could take advantage of the pet glitch where you couldn't take any actions against a pet unless the master was within range of that same action.

Heck even if there was a way just to convert excess xp/prestige/infamy to something useful outside of monstrosity like jp or merits would make me consider it again. I honestly don't see why so much effort is being spent on mog gardens but this is being forgetting. Especially with something like monster rearing which seems like it belongs in monstrosity much more than the gardens.
    (4)

Still hoping for Monstrosity updates in 2015. I almost didn't resub but figured I'd check out the PUPdate and get cracking on CP.
    I could care less about the Mog Garden stuff unless they connect it together or something.
    (1)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm starting to miss Vana'diel these days, wish I could resub, but I see the Devs still think it's cool to drive away anyone who isn't strictly in the end game loot grind state of mind.
    Really wish they'd take the time this year to at least finish adding all of the unimplemented monsters and complete "Phase 3" of their project.
    (5)

Doing my part to bump the thread and keep the hope alive.
    Can we get some news, SE? Or is there some reason FFXI is becoming Final Fantasy Farmville? Seriously, couldn't you have finished Monstrosity first?
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Doing my part to bump the thread and keep the hope alive.
    Can we get some news, SE? Or is there some reason FFXI is becoming Final Fantasy Farmville? Seriously, couldn't you have finished Monstrosity first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Still hoping for Monstrosity updates in 2015. I almost didn't resub but figured I'd check out the PUPdate and get cracking on CP.
    I could care less about the Mog Garden stuff unless they connect it together or something.
    Well they are some-what connected even if on a small margin, connected by this type of seed: Golden Seed Pouch in the Furrows which actually does allow you to have a newer version of a Mons-pet from the mons-cluster's you get from it and the other two types of fertilizers for the logging trees & the mining of a vane that allows 2 more {Mons} types after certain pre-objective's are met into them being able to be usable for gaining those types of pets for monstrosity.

Also one Monster Rearing pet lets you have more C-P gains if certain Pre-objectives are met into obtaining those pets as well. They also have done something by certain pets raised into adding harder to obtain item's to the Green Thumb Moogles shop for purchase such as imperial tea leaves and I get that your not a crafter as well as you'd rather spend your gil's on those items rather then save'em up on obtained ingredients for free and craft them for no Gil's spent at all? I'm also gathering that you've played Farmville or still are playing farmville and don't care to play that game while I for one have never played that game and never intend too in fact I've avoided all of those farmville requests like a plague from Facebook friend's listed them in demand's wanting me to play the famville, farmville II, etc. on a game of which they are playing.

Anyways i'll let you look over these two web pages on results and let you decide from there: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Garden_Furrow results of odd items such as scroll's obtianed from seed's and is also good to note some seed's will result in fiends showing up over your furrow such as a ghost: planted buffalo meat and and Aht Urgan Ameretat: Planted Ameretat Vine. Something you could do if you never plan to use the furrows and just look at it.
    For Monster rearing besides the raising em up fact, Look mainly under cheer bonus and moogle shop sections of the Rewards section on this page before finalizing your decision: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Monster_Rearing and only then after this can you come back at me with your: What part of mog garden's that I really hate very much don't you understand?

Few other reason's I now like the mog garden compared to before. #1. I can store my item's on the porter moogle inside of the mog garden. #2. I can look my Mog House fully in the same place as the porter moogle and if needed I'll take an item from my mh and put it on the storage slip all in the same place. #3. I can Buy & Sell item's right there on the spot to the Green Thumb Moogle, so this is a gil makers method, if I don't want anything the mog gardens have given me, I'll just sell it right there on the spot to the moogle without leaving the gardens and only exception I might make to exiting the mog garden providing I have enough room to carry all of the items out given by a pond dredger or Coastal Fishing Net's Fish item's is first making sure i'm in windy by the Fisherman's guild then selling them for more gil's then I would of obtained from selling em to the green thumb moogle provided they are the certain fish on the fisherman's guilds List to buy them from you. I surely wish they'd add a dingy to Aht Urhgan area's now as to be able to be by that fisherman's guild there to sell some of the fish in which windy doesn't take in from buying off of you on there list. I'll "admit" that I have became liking the gardens inside the mog garden after it reached a few ranks up. Yes, i'd like to see a few change's in monstrosity, I've come to accept and the belief that it's never going to happen for monstrosity which is the same belief that I now have for reforged empyrean gears even they they did mention they were going to do it but yet still has never come to pass and yeah sure it's telling a lie when they do stuff like that as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-15-2015 at 10:14 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    In a better world, the Devs had the idea to pretty up and expand the Feretory into a proper monster paradise island complete with suitable NPC companions and fun recreational activities for monsters to enjoy. Along with finishing all of the other Monstrosity related things they were supposed to be working on.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Well they are some-what connected even if on a small margin, connected by this type of seed: Golden Seed Pouch in the Furrows which actually does allow you to have a newer version of a Mons-pet from the mons-cluster's you get from it and the other two types of fertilizers for the logging trees & the mining of a vane that allows 2 more {Mons} types after certain pre-objective's are met into them being able to be usable for gaining those types of pets for monstrosity.
    Yes, I know.

Also one Monster Rearing pet lets you have more C-P gains if certain Pre-objectives are met into obtaining those pets as well. They also have done something by certain pets raised into adding harder to obtain item's to the Green Thumb Moogles shop for purchase such as imperial tea leaves and I get that your not a crafter as well as you'd rather spend your gil's on those items rather then save'em up on obtained ingredients for free and craft them for no Gil's spent at all? I'm also gathering that you've played Farmville or still are playing farmville and don't care to play that game while I for one have never played that game and never intend too in fact I've avoided all of those farmville requests like a plague from Facebook friend's listed them in demand's wanting me to play the famville, farmville II, etc. on a game of which they are playing.
    Yes, I know about the white rabbit cheer for CP. No, I have never played Farmville, I was just making a crack on the whole system to show my annoyance at SE's priorities.

Anyways i'll let you look over these two web pages on results and let you decide from there: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Garden_Furrow results of odd items such as scroll's obtianed from seed's and is also good to note some seed's will result in fiends showing up over your furrow such as a ghost: planted buffalo meat and and Aht Urgan Ameretat: Planted Ameretat Vine. Something you could do if you never plan to use the furrows and just look at it.
    For Monster rearing besides the raising em up fact, Look mainly under cheer bonus and moogle shop sections of the Rewards section on this page before finalizing your decision: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Monster_Rearing and only then after this can you come back at me with your: What part of mog garden's that I really hate very much don't you understand?

Few other reason's I now like the mog garden compared to before. #1. I can store my item's on the porter moogle inside of the mog garden. #2. I can look my Mog House fully in the same place as the porter moogle and if needed I'll take an item from my mh and put it on the storage slip all in the same place. #3. I can Buy & Sell item's right there on the spot to the Green Thumb Moogle, so this is a gil makers method, if I don't want anything the mog gardens have given me, I'll just sell it right there on the spot to the moogle without leaving the gardens and only exception I might make to exiting the mog garden providing I have enough room to carry all of the items out given by a pond dredger or Coastal Fishing Net's Fish item's is first making sure i'm in windy by the Fisherman's guild then selling them for more gil's then I would of obtained from selling em to the green thumb moogle provided they are the certain fish on the fisherman's guilds List to buy them from you. I surely wish they'd add a dingy to Aht Urhgan area's now as to be able to be by that fisherman's guild there to sell some of the fish in which windy doesn't take in from buying off of you on there list. I'll "admit" that I have became liking the gardens inside the mog garden after it reached a few ranks up. Yes, i'd like to see a few change's in monstrosity, I've come to accept and the belief that it's never going to happen for monstrosity which is the same belief that I now have for reforged empyrean gears even they they did mention they were going to do it but yet still has never come to pass and yeah sure it's telling a lie when they do stuff like that as well.
    While I appreciate your information, I know how the Mog Garden works and I do use mine. I don't hate it. What I DO hate however is the fact that players have asked and asked and asked for SE to give us the Monstrosity content they promised. Instead they focus on stuff that no one really cares about. Sure, you like Mog Gardens, people use it, but really, why is SE wasting so much time focusing on it instead of bringing us some meaty content (including more Monstrosity goodies)?
    (2)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    SE is finally giving us reforged Empyrean armor next update.
    How is that related to Monstrosity? Only in a very small, subtle way:
    Even if content was promised ages ago, they'll eventually work on it and release it into Vana'diel.
    Here's hoping the same will happen with Monstrosity...
    (0)

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast