Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    No prestige again from killing a 1 star player. Can the devs please explain what is happening here? As if it wasn't hard enough to get prestige in the first place...

On this occasion, the monipulator was defeated by other monsters, not by myself (he ran and agro'd everything in his path).
    That might have had something to do with it. Did you get the message that you claimed it? I've killed ones dozens of times and always gotten prestige so maybe some weird glitch for you?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    That might have had something to do with it. Did you get the message that you claimed it? I've killed ones dozens of times and always gotten prestige so maybe some weird glitch for you?
    Killed one that was AFK today and I got prestige. Also killed a friend as I ran by him - I got the message that I claimed him, but the mobs he was fighting killed him, not me - no Prestige.

So, it seems that if you are playing as a monster and not AFK and a gladiator attacks you, all you have to do is run, agro as many mobs as you can, and hope that they kill you, not the player = no reward for the player, and no infamy lost. This means that you can only kill mobs if you can gravity them, or they're AFK, or it's an organised battle with friends that they aren't going to run from.
    (1)

Things that need fixing/changing with PvP

1) Gestation - I'm sure that there was a reason to give the rubbish Gestation to the PvP zones, however, it really really really really sucks! If 18 hour gestation is unacceptable due to people being able to pop up 'out of nowhere' to attack people, then please adjust it thusly:

Go to Uleguerand Range. Time how long it takes to run all the way from the entrance to the the frozen lake, or vice versa. Add 2 minutes. Make that the new Gestation period for PvP zones.

2) Prevent agro from other mobs in the zone once a monipulator is claimed. As I mentioned above, a monipulator can get themselves killed by other monsters in the zone to prevent the Gladiator from getting the reward, and taking their infamy. Also, Monipulators have been known to quickly kill other mobs around them to level up whilst fighting Gladiators. Please remove this capability to attack other mobs while they are claimed.

3) Include a penalty for running away. Make an area maybe 100 yalms from where the monipulator is claimed. If the monipulator runs too far, they are considered to have lost and will lose their infamy and drop a chest, rewarding the Gladiator(s). Same for if the Gladiator(s) run.

I'm sure there are more, but I'm out of time. I'll add more if I think about them later.
    (2)

Player
    Monstrosity is the reason I resubscribed to FFXI. I would like to thank Mr. Ryota Iwagami and his team for making this possible.

With that said, I have a few suggestions to add.

1. Open more zones for Monstrosity.

I am sure zones will be added with content updates but here are some I and most likely everyone else would really like:
    • Gustav Tunnel
    • Korroloka Tunnel
    • Kuftal Tunnel & Quicksand Caves
    • Labyrinth of Onzozo & Bibiki Bay (Including Purgonorgo Isle)
    • The Boyahda Tree & Ro'Maeve
    • Tu'Lia (Ru'Aun Gardens, The Shrine of Ru'Avitau & Ve'Lugannon Palace)
    • All of Delkfutt Tower
    • Elshimo Island zones
    • Attohwa Chasm
    • and the rest of the open Aht Urgan zones.

2. If Kuftal Tunnel is added, set one of the spawn points behind the moving rock so that we can access the higher level monsters at any time of the day.

3. If Quicksand Caves is added, allow the Loadstone key item to work as a Monipulator.

4. Allow us to set Belligerency music to play only when fighting Gladiators.

That is all for now. I am very much enjoying Monstrosity and highly anticipating the coming updates. Keep up the great work!
    (3)
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

OK, I found something else....

Ram has a TP move called "Rumble": "Reduces evasion of all enemies around the caster"

Unfortunately, it has poor accuracy such that anything that you need to land eva down on, you can't. It only works on mobs that you can hit just fine anyway, thus making it completely pointless.

Oh and whilst I'm at it: Some mobs have TP moves that are considered 'ranged attacks', like Mandragora's Leaf Dagger and Opo-Opo's Stone Throw. All are also useless due to there being no way to increase ranged accuracy (other than maybe using every agi instinct out there). Even with +15 Agi set, I can't hit even Even Match mobs with Stone Throw with enough success to warrant using it at all.
    (1)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I imagine +Ranged accuracy instincts will start coming once RNG monsters are released.
    (0)

Include a penalty for running away. Make an area maybe 100 yalms from where the monipulator is claimed. If the monipulator runs too far, they are considered to have lost and will lose their infamy and drop a chest, rewarding the Gladiator(s). Same for if the Gladiator(s) run.
    This would be difficult to implement. We certainly understand that users would like every battle to have a conclusion. Running away by changing areas is something that we could easily detect, but we also have to consider the possibility of a user being disconnected. Also, in the scenario a player leaves a specified area where the battle started, it would be difficult to confirm which player was running away and both competitors could potentially receive the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Make mobs not aggressive when Monipulating. Mobs don't attack other mobs normally, why do they do it when we're at the helm?
    If monipulators do not receive aggro from monsters, but gladiators do, it wouldn’t be fair for gladiators.
    In addition, monsters have different strengths and weaknesses depending on their type. We encourage users to select a monster type that fits the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanama View Post
    With that said, I have a few suggestions to add.
    I am sure zones will be added with content updates but here are some I and most likely everyone else would really like:
    • Gustav Tunnel
    • Korroloka Tunnel
    • Kuftal Tunnel & Quicksand Caves
    • Labyrinth of Onzozo & Bibiki Bay (Including Purgonorgo Isle)
    • The Boyahda Tree & Ro'Maeve
    • Tu'Lia (Ru'Aun Gardens, The Shrine of Ru'Avitau & Ve'Lugannon Palace)
    • All of Delkfutt Tower
    • Elshimo Island zones
    • Attohwa Chasm
    • and the rest of the open Aht Urgan zones.
    Thank you for the suggestions! We still have plans to introduce even more monstrosity areas and in addition to that, we have an idea to host a monipulator and gladiator PvP specific “Diorama Abdhaljs” area.

Gestation - I'm sure that there was a reason to give the rubbish Gestation to the PvP zones, however, it really really really really sucks! If 18 hour gestation is unacceptable due to people being able to pop up 'out of nowhere' to attack people, then please adjust it thusly:
    Go to Uleguerand Range. Time how long it takes to run all the way from the entrance to the the frozen lake, or vice versa. Add 2 minutes. Make that the new Gestation period for PvP zones.
    To prevent users from gaining an unfair advantage, the gestation period during PvP is only 1 minute. Also, it is part of the purpose for the gestation period to allow users to move. We feel that currently there is not enough advantage or disadvantage involved to cause a problem.
    (8)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My thoughts:

Regarding Aggro:
    Adventurers are able to psychically discern monsters' levels and names, the names of items we obtain, the stats of items we obtain, etc. I do think that real monsters should be able to sense that something isn't right about monipulators, and I support aggro in Monstrosity. However, it would be nice if lizards could aggro chigoes. They are currently very difficult to engage when playing as a lizard.

Diorama Abdhaljs
    Yes, yes, a million times, yes!

Gestation Duration:
    Gestation limitation is very important in PvP; otherwise, players could just stay invisible and stalk a a monipulator until it is down to a sliver of health from fighting normal monsters, and then they drop gestation and kill the monipulator in one nuke. Therefore, I support the developers' stance on this as well. Also, Babekeke, when traveling long distances, you can log out and log back in to reobain gestation. Not a practical strategy to use to stalk people, but it's a great way to get across Uleg in less than 30 minutes when playing as a slow monipulator.

Now, an issue: unequal speed during gestation:
    All monipulators should have an equal starting point when gestating. However, when playing as slow monsters such as wamouracampa, adamantoise, and marid, our speed is severely penalized even when gestating. Can gestation speed be a constant value, rather than being a multiplier with the monipulator's normal speed as the base? In other words, when gestating, raptors and wamouracampas would both run at raptor-like speed. But without gestation, they'd have their normal speeds.
    (1)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Can we get party setting when getting experience? not when fighting gladiators, just when gathering exp? Soloing can be a drag.
    (1)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Firinia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiichi View Post
    Can we get party setting when getting experience? not when fighting gladiators, just when gathering exp? Soloing can be a drag.
    I second this! I've leveled a huge number of monipulators and I can say... it really does start to drag... Not only that, it starts to become a chore, and can get kinda lonely soloing all the time. :<

I really hope co-op play of some sort between mons, or even other regular players, comes around the bend soon. It's something I really look forward to if/when it happens.
    (1)

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast