Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Player
    Are there any plans to add monsters which use TP attacks for normal attacks? For instance, I notice we have access to the majority of Lizards, the only real ones I can think of that are missing are Matamata and Tojil races, or for Vermin where we have no Mantid. It would be great to know if these will be playable, and if so, are you holding off for now to release them later or are you having technical issues with implementing them? I ask because ever since I saw the original idea for Monstrosity, I have wanted to play as some of these, the original example I remember was Undead with Naraka, and I instantly wanted to be a Mantid or Gallu, so information on this would be awesome!
    (3)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Are there any plans to add monsters which use TP attacks for normal attacks? For instance, I notice we have access to the majority of Lizards, the only real ones I can think of that are missing are Matamata and Tojil races, or for Vermin where we have no Mantid. It would be great to know if these will be playable, and if so, are you holding off for now to release them later or are you having technical issues with implementing them? I ask because ever since I saw the original idea for Monstrosity, I have wanted to play as some of these, the original example I remember was Undead with Naraka, and I instantly wanted to be a Mantid or Gallu, so information on this would be awesome!
    I remember the Naraka as well.

We are currently missing the following monsters:

Beasts: Yztargs, Raaz, new Sheep and Ram forms from Kamihr
    Lizards: Matamatas, Gabbraths
    Vermin: Apian Beasts, Bztavians, Mantids, Chapuli, Twitherym
    Plantoids: Belladonnas, Leafkin, Snapweeds, Yggdreants, many forms of Treant (unless undiscovered)

The following patterns exist:
    1. No Seekers of Adoulin families, but SOME special forms are okay if they come from the initial Adoulin areas (Coral Wamoura, Lapinion)
    2. No families introduced in Voidwatch, but special forms are okay (like Unusual Wivre)
    3. No AoE attackers (do Apian Beasts and Yztargs fall under this category?)

We know the following pattern DOES NOT exist:
    1. Families introduced in Meeble Burrows are not off-limits: we have Panopts
    (0)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It would be convenient to have that double exp always apply to Monstrosity. Players have Abyssea to level nonstop from alliances from 30 & beyond within a few hours to 99. The double exp would definitely help the grind from 60+ in Monstrosity. Could we have it always apply to Monstrosity?
    (0)

Character
    Firinia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    I remember the Naraka as well.

We are currently missing the following monsters:

Beasts: Yztargs, Raaz, new Sheep and Ram forms from Kamihr
    Lizards: Matamatas, Gabbraths
    Vermin: Apian Beasts, Bztavians, Mantids, Chapuli, Twitherym
    Plantoids: Belladonnas, Leafkin, Snapweeds, Yggdreants, many forms of Treant (unless undiscovered)

The following patterns exist:
    1. No Seekers of Adoulin families, but SOME special forms are okay if they come from the initial Adoulin areas (Coral Wamoura, Lapinion)
    2. No families introduced in Voidwatch, but special forms are okay (like Unusual Wivre)
    3. No AoE attackers (do Apian Beasts and Yztargs fall under this category?)

We know the following pattern DOES NOT exist:
    1. Families introduced in Meeble Burrows are not off-limits: we have Panopts
    We haven't actually gotten anything exclusive to Adoulin, because that pink Wamoura (Grannus boss) is also from Meeble Burrows, as well as the Lapinion. Both were introduced in the Batalia Downs Meeble Burrows, I believe. That was before we had Adoulin.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiichi View Post
    Can we get party setting when getting experience? not when fighting gladiators, just when gathering exp? Soloing can be a drag.
    We definitely understand how you feel about this, and we are planning content for Monstrosity parties right now! It's an opportune time to let us know what you would like to see content-wise, so feel free to leave your suggestions!
    (9)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We definitely understand how you feel about this, and we are planning content for Monstrosity parties right now! It's an opportune time to let us know what you would like to see content-wise, so feel free to leave your suggestions!
    What I and much of the community would like to see content-wise!
    1. Double EXP: Currently, monipulators cannot use EXP rings, nor can they enter Abyssea, nor can they complete quests or FoV/GoV for experience points. Monipulators should have a method to obtain additional EXP. Some possible options would be by unlocking the feature permanently with key items, by trading an EXP ring to the Odyssean Passage in the Feretory to use a charge as a MON, or simply doubling EXP at all time for all montsers within the event.
    2. Voidwatch and Adoulin monsters: I was so pumped to play as Harpeia! I've wanted to play as one ever since this event was announced. However, no monster families introduced in either VW or Adoulin have been added yet. Please do this! Yztargs, twitherym, mantids, chapuli, apian beasts, harpeia, botuli, Bismarck's family (I forget the name), raaz, matamatas, gabbraths, Kumhau's family, belladonnas (Morta), craklaws, acuexes, etc., still be missing from our monster types after this update. If AoE standard attacks are an issue, make them attack normally, I don't care, but please add them!!
    3. NM and HNM faculty bonuses should apply outside of Belligerency as well. The fact that they do not means that very weak monipulators desperately in need of the bonuses (raptors, chigoes, buffalos, crawlers come to mind) can only be leveled efficiently in buburimu peninsula level capped at thirty.
    4. Please do not nerf monipulators. Some desperately need buffs (chigoe is the worst, I hear), and only in the MOST EXTREME situations of unintentional omnipotence should any monipulators be nerfed. They do not upset the balance of the game because they affect only a very small portion of FFXI's content. Furthermore, some misdirected nerfs (raptors, for example), make a large portion of the monstrosity community live in dread of any random monipulator being nerfed to the point of misery.
    5. For people who don't have mage jobs leveled, it would be nice if they could somehow obtain those spells for their monipulators by alternate means; for example, by trading the scroll to one of the corpselights. This is mostly an issue for new players, but it would help them experience the variety of monstrosity.
    6. Please allow us to choose to have the electric guitar monstrosity music play ONLY during battle, so that we can hear the zone themes outside of battle. I miss the beautiful music in Lufaise, Misareaux, Ronfaure, and Altepa, and the disappearance of Gustaberg's haunting music makes me sad. I'll never be leveling a normal job in Gustaberg again, but I want to hear the music of my very first days in FFXI again while I level in Monstrosity.
    7. Cameo monsters, yes please! Slime and Spriggan were a great idea. Maybe some Lightning Returns or FFX crossover monipulators someday? Perhaps the pets used by the tamer dressphere in FFX-2, Kogoro, Ghiki, and Flurry? Or Yojimbo's dog Daigoro from X?
    8. Lastly, keep up the great work! We passionately care about this content that you've created, and it's brought us a lot of hours of fun.

Edit: rams are good, buffalos are bad! Fixed that.
    (8)
    Last edited by Edyth; 12-09-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I second everything in the above post.
    NM and HNM faculty bonuses should apply outside of Belligerency as well. The fact that they do not means that very weak monipulators desperately in need of the bonuses (raptors, chigoes, rams, crawlers come to mind) can only be leveled efficiently in buburimu peninsula level capped at thirty.
    Additionally, it creates an annoying hassle where you have to change your faculties whenever you want to play in a non-belligerency area.
    (4)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    It's an opportune time to let us know what you would like to see content-wise, so feel free to leave your suggestions!
    Very well.

More Job Coverage: As more monster are added, be creative about their jobs and job combinations. Summmoners, Blue Mage, Beastmasters, etc. Eventually I'd like to see all the jobs and job combinations represented.

Full TP Movelists: A lot of monipulators are still missing one/some of their TP moves: Floral Bouquet for Rafflesia, Call of The Moon for Gnole, Grim Glower for Peistes, etc etc. Whether we unlock these via spending large amounts of Infamy like we have to to unlock certain sub-species or perhaps from quests of some sort or from reaching level 99 with a particular monster, they're still missing.

Full Monster Family List: Like it has already been said, out of just the families currently released, we're missing; Yztarg, Twitherym, Mantid, Chapuli, Apian Beasts, Raaz, Matamata, Gabbrath, Cehuetzi, Bztavian, Yggdreant, Belladonna, Snapweed, Leafkin and any associated subspecies. I'd like to see the monster family lists filled out. I imagine you have plans to do so already (in particular for the Naakual, who I imagine will require a rather large time and/or Infamy cost to unlock), so this is just a reminder to not forgot about all these guys.

Classic and Modern NM/HNM Traits: I'd like to see En-enfeeble effects, auras, withdrawing into shells (similar to Aspidochelone), absorbing certain elements to heal, Draw-in, summoning additional monsters (Like Alpha Gnole Anders), or other traits that NMs have that make them difficult/tactically interesting. This can really add an extra layer of depth when Mon Vs. MON is released. You could even make a separate, smaller equipment screen for these special traits and quirks. (just look to other NM's you've made in the past for more examples. Be creative like you've tried to be when making NM's).

Access to Trust Magic: If necessary for balance sake or some other reason, you could perhaps just allow us access to them when we're not fighting other players in Belligerency. But it'd be nice to have the boon to solo EXPing.

As far as the strict definition of content goes:

NM/HNM PvE: Whether we can get teleported to a special arena, have them spawn in the Feretory or be given the ability to actually go to the zone itself and pop the NM as a Monipulator, it'd be great to be able to fight, let's say, Bukhis, Tsui-Goab, Umagrhk, or Medusa for examples. You COULD make them drop their associated rewards or something else entirely since when we're under the effects of Belligerency things DO drop to us so we know it's possible. Of course, I leave that up to you on how to balance rewards and such. I mostly just want to pit my monster(s) against some past NM/HNM's and tough monsters.

BCNM Access: I'd also like to participate in BCNM. Maybe we'd have to pay the cost with the appropriate item (Cloud Evokers, the appropriate Orbs, etc) beforehand or something. Maybe we could get something for clearing certain tiers of BCNM. Maybe at the end, we could even be given the chance to re-fight mission and end expansion bosses that we've already beaten (Ouryu, Ark Angels, Promathia, Shinryu, Provenance Watcher, etc) and get a reward for beating that. Maybe we'd unlock a special pygmy skin of some of the end bosses for beating them (Ok, that last one is a long shot even with pipe dream thinking :P)

Lastly but very importantly, this is something that has to happen to keep the content relevant:

Reward Improvements: Improve the quality of rewards that can be gained from PvP as well as future MONvMON content. Doesn't have to be the best gear in the game necessarily but I think you know the importance of proper incentive by now, SE. Gladiators need reasons to go NM hunting and NM's need reasons to hunt/stick around to fight Gladiators.

Thank you very much for this content. It's what brought me back to the game and it's one of my favourite things to do when playing. Given the proper attention and depth, this could potentially be a great strategic system akin to, say, the Pokemon battle system in complexity.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 12-14-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    NM and HNM faculty bonuses should apply outside of Belligerency as well. The fact that they do not means that very weak monipulators desperately in need of the bonuses (raptors, chigoes, rams, crawlers come to mind) can only be leveled efficiently in buburimu peninsula level capped at thirty.
    I think they should just expand the amount of zones for belligerency so it's possible to always have those bonuses at all levels and not just a select few ranges.

Though I never felt raptor was weak, it was one of the stronger monsters I've leveled.
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    You should try gnat or wamoura. You'll cry anytime you don't get to attack at 100 fist speed whenever you want lol
    (0)

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast