Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not sure whether you're saying gnats and wamoura are weak or overpowered.

I don't know if they nerfed it, but putting up wamouracampa's blaze spikes and enfire effects made him pretty good. He's just slow, slow, slow-moving.

I started gnat last night, but only took it to 10.

As far as raptors go, they have no useful TP moves, or, if they do, those moves must come after level 44, which is where I decided to leave it. And it's not like flytraps, which have an excuse for having no useful TP moves: flytrap TP moves will stink no matter what. Raptor's TP moves should be decent, but as far as damaging TP moves go, they are almost rock bottom tier, above only things like crawler's Poison Breath. Now, I should put a disclaimer that I got sick of raptor before accumulating tons of instincts, but I doubt it would be fun to go back now that it's even worse.

I would love to have a discussion about strong monipulators, but I really do fear nerfs too much to mention any names.

I'll talk about which monipulators are my least favorites:

The hell tier: Chigoe (so I hear) and crawler

Inappropriately underpowered: Buffalo, raptor, bugard

Appropriately underpowered: Flytrap, lizard

I just looked at a list of all the monipulators, and from the ones I leveled, I feel these ones need the most help. I gave chigoe a special mention, even though I haven't started him.

Edit:
    Let's talk monster jobs briefly.

Abyssobugard's INT is too low in comparison to his physical potential (which is hampered by his high TP costs). Abyssobugard's only good for Ice Spikes and pulling with ancient magic for a few hundred damage. He should get a job change. I nominate him to be a samurai.

Flytrap could use a mage job. Geomancer, since he's a plant? That would be interesting.
    (3)
    Last edited by Edyth; 12-09-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Really strong. Both gain moves that give them capped magic haste. Well the moth version of wamoura. Though it doesn't really get any other move really worth using at least not till 95. That said gnat doesn't really get much else in useful moves either lol. But awesome attack speed is nice enough I suppose.

Crawler wasn't too slow it's just none of it's moves are really worth using and the only saving grace is the rdm model and it gets att/def bonuses like most of the mobs do. By the same token it makes for incredibly boring lvling. cast buffs, dia mob, melee to do rinse and repeat without break.
    (1)

I dunno if this has been answered by a dev yet, but on ffxiclopedia it is listed as inconclusive.
    Do traits like "Fencer" really have no effect? I know it would be because the monster has no weapon, but why give the trait at all, if it is of no use?

I'm level 62 as a DQ Slime currently, and he has no monster skills. He has only a few war abilities (No provoke and no Retaliation), and only 5 job traits, one being Fencer which may be useless.

So really if fencer doesn't work I'd be happy if it just didn't show up in my list of traits.
    (1)
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

I like to believe Fencer works... It works for beast pets and charmed monsters.

Though I'm not sure a good way to test as I don't believe any monster TP move is modified by TP as they all only use a certain number
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Best way to test fencer would probably be crit rate I think... but some of these mobs seem to have native bonuses to crit rate so idk lol. But yeah we get alot of stuff that does nothing on monstrosity. Shield mastery ftw for example
    (1)

I just got "Shield Mastery" along with Shield Defense Bonus trait at level 80 on slime. Slime is supposedly WAR/WAR so why did it get Shield Mastery when it's not a WAR trait? It is also useless without a shield so it's not like it's a bonus trait for this particular monster. :P
    (0)
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    When is Monipulators vs Monipulators coming out? Can we expect a demostration from the community team? We're still waiting for that Moogle vs Behemoth fight!!
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by radicaldreamer View Post
    I just got "Shield Mastery" along with Shield Defense Bonus trait at level 80 on slime. Slime is supposedly WAR/WAR so why did it get Shield Mastery when it's not a WAR trait? It is also useless without a shield so it's not like it's a bonus trait for this particular monster. :P
    war does get shield def bonus at 80 though shield mastery is rdm and pld only... it might be a weird mob with weird traits
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    crawler was the first mob i had one shotting everything from level 1-8 and im talkin T+ mobs here. So i dont understand how it is weak. and it was easy for me to level at least to 30. Most allt he other mobs i leveld took like 5 or so hits to kill things.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    1-8 is rather a poor way to judge. I mean every mob I've had since I got a decent amount of instincts has gone from 1-10 in about 10-12 mobs total when we have double xp. Hell can do almost as good as that as a player on whm lol.

Anyways it's not so much as it's physically a weak mob. It's got the standard small boost to att/def and okish stats. But really pretty much all of them have similar boosts though some higher/lower than others. The problem arises from it having near useless tp moves which make things a huge pain as you get higher. And it doesn't have soul eater to compensate for it. If it wasn't for the fact it has a rdm or whm model it would probably be right below chigoe on annoying to level higher up.
    (0)

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast