Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Well guess that means they have some work to do to remove the never finished gray....

Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    RIP Monstrosity
    well I hope not entirely, still has unfinished type>family Listed button's just sitting there untouched and grayed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Hello, everyone.

I realize that everyone has been waiting on a response for quite some time now in regards to the status of monstrosity, and I would like to give you an update on the status of this as well as the development team.

The development team has been reorganized, and the team is more compact than before. Each development or adjustment task was given a priority, and the development team will be handling assignments in order of priority. With that said, there is content that can be worked on and that which cannot. Currently, the priority of monstrosity is very low, and there is a very low possibility that this content will receive adjustments or updates in the future. We appreciate your understanding.
    LoL loving this funny Dumb and Dumber Movie pic Quoted reply to Grekumah's post above! ;-)
    I see the trying to be funny and give you 110% thumbs up Enochroot! What do you think of his trying to be funny, Funny Grekuman? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Enochroot View Post
    Well "Grekumah" the problem that remains is there still are "Buttons" that are "Grayed Out" for the family types listed but no playable monsters to/behind those family categories buttons listed you can find them by doing this:
    ........ Click on "Customization" >next> Click on "Faculties" >next> Click on an "Empty Equipping Square Box" >next> Click on "Type >" which will bring up the whole list of buttons that i'm referring to in which where put into the game but remained untouched or category buttons were done but not having anything behind it for them to even be staying there showing up.

My question Grekumah to you is that do you agree one of the 2 following should be done to remedy it?:
    ............1. Have those grayed out categorizational families of the buttons with no implemented monsters to those buttons created into the game to be removed which i'm I would be sure that could be considered more of a minor adjustment then what i'll menton into number 2. below with the very limited compact crews available??

-OR-

...........2. Give those grayed out buttons of family type categories with no playable monster's behind them at Least one monster to become opened up under one of each category listed as to be giving a reason those buttons are just there with no purpose?? <-I dont see No.2 as the likely possible route happening since there discontinuing monstity as fars we know it as is thus far ... well, currently everyone seems to think so at this point in time.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 12-07-2015 at 10:26 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    That's a little sad, to be honest. Now that major patches have ceased I was kind of hoping some time would be devoted to Monstrosity and other smaller activities that were really great ideas that didn't get fleshed out.

Its not unpopular because its a bad idea, its unpopular because no one wants content with no goal. I love Monstrosity, but even I don't want to chase level 75 crap thats not even good for Lockstyle. Instead of giving those Charm things to "Monster Rearing", they should have been unlocked in Monstrosity.

Seriously, how cool would that have been? An actual goal!
    The logic is easy to get why they likely wouldn't update Monstrosity. It requires additional assets to be created from the devkits, the icons for the equippable instincts. They have to add more to the client than just text. We have ciphers that were added that haven't been unlocked yet, which were probably planning for a future event or login campaign. If something requires additional client-side assets that are more than just text, it's probably not going to be done at this point.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    The logic is easy to get why they likely wouldn't update Monstrosity. It requires additional assets to be created from the devkits, the icons for the equippable instincts. They have to add more to the client than just text. We have ciphers that were added that haven't been unlocked yet, which were probably planning for a future event or login campaign. If something requires additional client-side assets that are more than just text, it's probably not going to be done at this point.
    Didn't they add a bunch of those that never got implemented though? I seem to remember seeing a bunch with no stats the last few updates of monstrosity in the datmines
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Hello, everyone.

I realize that everyone has been waiting on a response for quite some time now in regards to the status of monstrosity, and I would like to give you an update on the status of this as well as the development team.

The development team has been reorganized, and the team is more compact than before. Each development or adjustment task was given a priority, and the development team will be handling assignments in order of priority. With that said, there is content that can be worked on and that which cannot. Currently, the priority of monstrosity is very low, and there is a very low possibility that this content will receive adjustments or updates in the future. We appreciate your understanding.
    Pretty unacceptable.

Why did the devs waste their time implementing half a system?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Not that I disagree that it wouldn't be "Easy" to add more stuff to Monstrosity, but it certainly wouldn't be that hard.

And frankly, why the frick even bother putting it in the game if its too much of a hassle to add more to it?

So, the logic still escapes me, they took the effort to make this system, update it a few times, add some mediocre rewards, all of which is something I imagine was not at all easy, and then just left the rest on the cutting room floor and decided to cease updating it entirely. Part of it may have been the decision to "end" major updates and finishing Rhapsodies, but now that thats over, it just seems odd this is still going to lay dead.

So, yah, I know there isn't some miracle quick fix, but I also can't imagine its so hard that it couldn't get a bone here or there every few updates, even if its just the party-system they planned on years ago.
    (5)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I really hope with this new year Monstrosity receives some Dev attention again. Access to more areas and more species (Alicorn, pleeease!) would be very welcome by now.
    (4)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Freebytes
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Monstrosity PvP

I would like to see real PvP in monstrosity. Capping the pvp at levels 30, 60, and 90 was the worst decision they made.
    (4)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Freebytes View Post
    Monstrosity PvP

I would like to see real PvP in monstrosity. Capping the pvp at levels 30, 60, and 90 was the worst decision they made.
    Agreed, Freebytes! ;-) Hey buddy, Nice to notice you're jumping on to the band-wagon forums too. :-)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 03-22-2016 at 04:00 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Tassidaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Updating monstrostity

So, is there any plans of expanding Monstrosity into SoA and Esha?
    (1)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'd be happy seeing 1-2 MON added/month.
    As well as a free-for-all PvP mode in Valkurm Dunes for Gladiators/Monipulators(Gladiators vs Gladiators vs Monipulators vs Monipulators).
    Who wouldn't enjoy seeing a massacre in the most memorable zone of death? c.c;
    (2)

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast