Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello everyone,

We understand that there have been many comments regarding Monstrosity coming from you all, and while we appreciate the feedback, there are currently no plans to expand or make additions to this content.
    *looks at the official website, and sighs longingly*

(9)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Player
    Yeah, it sucks when they cancel plans, but at the same time, this is the reason they often don't tell us their plans, people griping when they decide to change direction, trust me, I'd love for them to finish the new UI that was in the works, Monstrosity was neat for a minute, but ultimately a very small percent of the population used it because there was no real reward that affected the rest of the game. (the gear from it was mostly terrible, and rewarded to player side only, to boot)
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Well ya know adding a reward wouldn't have been too hard. Could've easily tack on the cheer thing instead of adding monster rearing and putting it on that....
    (5)

Character
    Redler
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    So, I bought another month of game time just so I could come back and play in Monstrosity.

It really feels like it's one of the best designed modes in this game, just that it wasn't allowed to totally flourish. There's that post above showing all the features that were scheduled to be included, and most people who have played it will likely agree that as we play we can feel the lack of those features. I understand there's not time or manpower to make every last wishlist item a reality, but I feel like there's two big things that could enliven this battle system.

The first is the matter of rewards. This is probably the most common complaint to those who either looked at Monstrosity and didn't start it, or started it but quit early on. Records of Eminence added an avenue of rewards for Monstrosity that won't be so easily outdated as gear can be. As it is, there are many Records of Eminence quests that *do* work in Monstrosity. Area killing, damage, healing, etc, and even the Monstrosity-specific killing ones. I feel as though The Monstrosity-specific ones could be an easy way to make this mode more "rewarding" to players, as Sparks and Copper Vouchers are always nice to have, and already exist in the game.

As it is, the non-unity Monstrosity killing RoE takes 100 kills while in Monstrosity to get 1000 sparks and 100 accolades, no items, and is repeatable. I feel tweaking the numbers on this single RoE could easily turn Monstrosity into a much more attractive activity.

Obviously, doing something like /1/ kill while in Monstrosity giving 1000 sparks and 100 accolades would be over-the-top excessive, while what it is now is not enough to attract much of the playerbase... So, to me, that says there must be some middle ground, (perhaps involving Copper Vouchers), that these numbers could be on that are attractive while not excessive. And hopefully this would take /very/ little development work, just a tweaking of numbers.

Or perhaps the shared unity Monstrosity kill RoE could be turned into a /standard/ daily.

I know focusing a battle system's rewards on something general like Sparks or Accolades or Copper Vouchers somewhat dilutes the overall theme of the battle system, but I feel it would be the best way to attract new blood into the activity, by giving them something they can immediately use in whatever other form they need it to be.

The second most important thing I think Monstrosity needs, is the ability to play co-operatively as Monipulators. Even if it's just in the non-Belligerency areas, and even if it's only capped at two people per party, the stark difference between playing entirely solo and playing with another person both has a social draw to it (in the form of sharing experience, and I don't just mean sharing EXP) as well as mechanically more fun, by paring up say, a WHM mob and a WAR mob, or a NIN mob and a BRD mob. I know it would be a lot easier to persuade someone to join me in playing as a monster if I actually got to play /with/ them, as a party.

For the other points... I realize that having Monipulator vs Monipulator combat and Monstrosity-based Quests would be interesting, but I don't think they would get as much player interest for the dev time put into them. And as much as I would like more species (we're still missing Seiryu!), having them just sit there in a battle system so much of the population skips over wouldn't be as good a use of resources.

So, to summarize:
    1. I feel that increasing RoE rewards would make Monstrosity a lot more attractive to players, as Sparks and Vouchers are a very liquid, general reward all players have a use for, as well as hopefully requiring very little investment on the dev's part.
    2. Allowing for co-op would draw people in for the social aspect.

From there, the devs could see whether or not there was a enough of an increased interest in Monstrosity to merit further development focus.
    (7)
    Last edited by Redler; 09-15-2016 at 05:52 AM.

Character
    Criba
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Monstrosity update please

I think monstrosity is great content but almost dead.
    1)please let at least 1 monipolatur joins parties in opens area.
    2)complete list of species available in monstrosity menu
    3)give us an evolith system that allows to put istinct stats ( or at least 5-10% of these specifics stats) on some new equipment via synergy system.
    Naturally these new equips should be unique and obtainable only through monstrosity.
    PLEASE GIVE US A NEW MONSTROSITY EXPERIENCE FOR 2017
    Merry christmas all adventurers
    (2)
    Last edited by Criba; 12-24-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Character
    Fatts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    We want Monstrosity back!!
    (3)

I know I'm very late to the party on this, but any chance we can get emotes working with our MON's name instead of the player's?

Just compare:
    Time Mandragora praises the sun. (Photosynthesis)

With:
    Raydeus praises the sun. (Photosynthesis)

It just isn't the same.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Oh man saw this as a popular thread and thought there was something new and nope... then saw the pic up top and was even more sad. Like even says scheduled features not potential...
    (0)

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50