Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Yes, I agree, I just neglected to quote Selindrile who said there are no rewards for your main character, and I was intending to point out that it can be a alternate way to complete RoEs and get sparks, which is sort of a roundabout way to get "drops" for your character (chapters, gear, whatever). Plus the novelty of it can be neat when you get tired of looking at your main or being on the same job(s) or whatever, or need something to do in downtimes. Being able to quickly teleport to RoE areas is kinda nice, so I wish they'd open up more. And more Belligerency too, so you can do the crystal RoEs and such while having different scenery and more level ranges.
    I've seen it said that some people don't want to be forced to play Monstrosity to get something for your main, and I respect that, but there are those of us who want to play it and would like a little more out of it, OR perhaps others would be more interested if the rewards were better (like I guess some people already efficiently farm sparks and don't need to do it as a MON).
    Being able to party together and receive drops/gil outside of Belligerency would be nice, rather than making some special drop that forces people to feel like they HAVE to do it. Once you reach 99 and have leveled all the available creatures that you want, there's nothing left to do but farm sparks or work on instincts. So maybe let us get merits or something, or enter Adoulin areas for CP...
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just adding more ideas to Mitruya's post that I really liked about it! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Yes, I agree,.. Once you reach 99 and have leveled all the available creatures that you want, there's nothing left to do but farm sparks or work on instincts. So maybe let us get merits or something, or enter Adoulin areas for CP...
    Replying to only part of your post but yeah they could also add a cop/job points system for playing Lv. 99 monstrosity characters some how while getting more points quickly faster than you would on a normal 99 job and have the option to place/stick those points on a certain 99 job you have leveled would be yet another interesting way to earn the points to be used to increase/unlock certain job ability or stats that is done through those two systems we both have mentioned in our posts. ;-)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 09-05-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Yeah, depending on when/if they ever add more families, at some point you'll be done leveling all you want, so then what would be the point of continuing? Other than just running around as your favorite creature to get sparks. No one really bothers with the PvP system, you can't buddy up with a friend for kicks and giggles, and you can't farm anything (except crystals and -ites in Belligerency) or make gil (unless you convert sparks and of course, NPC the crystals/-ites). They could at least give us merits. As of now it's just "something to do" if you're casual and not involved in anything else.
    And yet they'd rather focus on monster rearing in the Garden. It was cute at first but ... meh.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Once you reach 99 and have leveled all the available creatures that you want, there's nothing left to do but farm sparks or work on instincts. So maybe let us get merits or something, or enter Adoulin areas for CP...
    Oh trust me you get all your instincts waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before leveling everything. Sparks is nice though no where near as fast as fighting in SoA zones... just it's a tad easier and you don't need gearing
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Even with a 1000x experience event monstrosity wouldn't be productive ingame >.> because monstrosity has no rewards that tie in to your main character, which is why despite it being an extremely fun system, I, and many others have given it up altogether.
    Productive as in getting goals accomplished, not productive as in building my character or whatnot. Many of my goals are pointless, like some NMs I want to kill and I don't care about the drops, but it's still a list of goals that I want to accomplish (like finishing some trial weapons, even though they could not be more useless atm.)
    (0)

Character
    Zantech
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90

logic prevailing

hopefully logic prevails and they don't want yet another time sink to be left in the dust and convert this into a useable role by allowing skills or stats learned inside this state to be useable like being turned to a new job like on ff6 gau or let stats show through as merits.
    (0)

Monstrosity will only become popular with introduction of endgame rewards, like equipment and such. I think a storyline that extends past the introduction storyline would also make the free add-on more worth the time. Like a boss you can fight that you don't claim, allowing several monsters to join the fray, as well as monstrosity specific battlefields you can only enter as a monster.
    (2)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Character
    Chaossoldier
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So are we ever going to get any more monster families? Are we ever going to get to be able to party up with other monsters? Are we gonna see ANY new content at all with this? We deserve some answers. Camate, if you stumble upon this, PLEASE try to get some word for us!
    (3)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by LCofPandy View Post
    So are we ever going to get any more monster families? Are we ever going to get to be able to party up with other monsters? Are we gonna see ANY new content at all with this? We deserve some answers. Camate, if you stumble upon this, PLEASE try to get some word for us!
    I'm Just going to say it, it may not be calmate who stumbles upon back by this thread but it maybe one of the many other's working in the area of the threads instead who step by to give a response. Yeah it would be cool but monster rearing still seems ti be the thing at the moment and who knows maybe with our monster rearing pets we could become as one in monstrosity thus we'd be more less raising our own monstrosity creature before hand into well..I'll leave it up to the imagination.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-27-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Chaossoldier
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well we got an answer through the GE interview with SE. Basically it was put to the wayside so focus on the SoA storyline and missions could be done. Doesn't look promising either. Here's the quote: Mizuki Ito: This issue is not unique to Monstrosity. A great number of personnel were working on the conclusion to the Seekers of Adoulin missions, and expansions to a variety of content have been put on the back burner. Though the missions themselves have concluded in the November patch, there are still some threads left unconnected, and we will introduce further quests and Seekers of Adoulin-related battle content in the months ahead that will take a deeper look into these stories. As such, we have been unable to prioritize Monstrosity. Scheduled high priority content will be released bit by bit, and once that has been done, there is a possibility that Monstrosity may rise in the priority list. What worries is me is he say "may" rise in priority. So there's a good chance it's dead content. But that's just the pessimist in me..
    (1)

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast