Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Overall, really having a lot of fun. Some minor things I have noticed:
    1) We really need more zones for the low 30s and 60~80.

2) Certain TP moves need to be adjusted, like:
    - Sharp Sting and Leaf Dagger are both highly inaccurate because (as far as I can tell) they rely on Ranged Accuracy which is unaffected by Instincts (like DRG and RNG Instinct)
    - Sheep Song is very magically inaccurate

3) There is currently a very long delay after specific monster moves. Like, Wild Carrot has a ~10 second delay after it. These are terrible and make these abilities very annoying to use.
    (9)

Character
    Chakoteh
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    ok, it's fun to be a monster and smack & kill stuff but... what is the ultimate goal here? we get no drops and there does not appear to be any rewards for this particular aspect of the game. Is the only reward being able to kill higher and higher mobs? Like everything in FFXI, it takes time to pursue monstrosity and I'm just wondering if I'm doing this purely for the enjoyment of gaining infamy to be an NM or HNM OR ... are there other 'rewards' planned for monstrosity?
    (2)

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
    Hyman Rickover, "The World of the Uneducated", "The Saturday Evening Post", November 28, 1959

Player
    Can you add descriptions for species as well? We have generic player-given names such as "Brown Lizard" and "Gray Lizard", but giving us an official list of species would be nice.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakoteh View Post
    ok, it's fun to be a monster and smack & kill stuff but... what is the ultimate goal here? we get no drops and there does not appear to be any rewards for this particular aspect of the game. Is the only reward being able to kill higher and higher mobs? Like everything in FFXI, it takes time to pursue monstrosity and I'm just wondering if I'm doing this purely for the enjoyment of gaining infamy to be an NM or HNM OR ... are there other 'rewards' planned for monstrosity?
    Here ya go.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gui...ity/index.html

Scroll to the bottom, or read the entire thing, but the ultimate importance of this event is pretty much spelled. Most of its not implemented yet and I'd put this as more of a "head start" to the event, allowing you to get the hang of it, level some Monsters, and unlock some things before all the pvp/rewards are added.

Reading update notes helps, they give us a lot of information in them.
    (4)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    First, I am enjoying Monstrosity quite a bit. I would like to echo the idea of making gestation last longer and be cancelable though. I've noticed that in general healing abilities are extremely weak; my level 51 morbol just drained 53 HP from a Tough yagudo WHM, for instance. Photosynthesis was also not very worthwhile. I only took bee to level 16 but Pollen was underwhelming as well. Could these perhaps be made more useful? As it is, they might as well be empty slots on the menu.
    (2)

At level 60, Pollen does about 800-850 HP, not great, not terrible. Still, WHM, RDM, etc mobs seem to have a high Cure Potency/Healing Skill or something, Cure IV on my RDM be cured about 800 HP. And yah, "Drain" TP moves have always sucked, even for monsters , Its sad.

IDK if they'll get balanced up considering they're as weak for enemies as they are for us, would be cool though.
    (0)

- Make Relinquish actually take you to the Feretory.
    - Do something about Gestation..at least make it last a minute or so if you don't want to go overboard.
    - Pollen for Bees is...not good.
    - I have often have accuracy issues, and die to monsters I..should defeat, due to missing 10 times in a row.
    (2)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    MONs need to be able to open doors. Getting sick of returning to the feretory just because the game insists on spawning me on the wrong side of doors.

Gestation duration needs to be tripled or even longer than that, and it needs to give flee speed. Getting sick of returning to the feretory just because the game insists on spawning me in level 90+ portions. There's no reason we shouldn't get ample time to go to a desired part of a dungeon before being forced to warp out because we have no sneak/invisible.

Aside from that, I'm extremely happy with Monstrosity, but these flaws are preventing me from getting my raptor from 30-34 because there's no field area for that range, and the only monsters a decent level in Beaucedine for me to challenge this early are tigers that have Lizard Killer.
    (4)

Character
    Tiesto
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarabi View Post
    - Make Relinquish actually take you to the Feretory.
    - Do something about Gestation..at least make it last a minute or so if you don't want to go overboard.
    - Pollen for Bees is...not good.
    - I have often have accuracy issues, and die to monsters I..should defeat, due to missing 10 times in a row.
    Dragoon's instinct HP+5% Accuracy+40 Conserve TP+10 there you go oh and the faratory is for your beastly vessel it says so when you use relinquish it states that your "form" will be sent back to the Faratory.

Relinquish: Releases a monipulator's soul from possessing a monster after a count of five. Moving and enemy actions interrupt the spell. Working as intended!!
    (0)
    Last edited by Tiesto; 08-12-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Morbol's Putrid Breath needs to have the TP cost lowered, it is higher than the TP cost for Miasmic Breath which outshines it in absolutely every possible way. Comparison:

Level learned: 50 for Miasmic, 60 for Putrid. Advantage: Miasmic.
    TP cost: 200 for Miasmic, 250 for Putrid. Advantage: Miasmic.
    Damage: 500+ for Miasmic, 300+ for Putrid. Advantage: Miasmic.
    Status effects: A strong Poison for Miasmic, none whatsoever for Putrid. Advantage: Miasmic.
    Targeting: Damage around the target for both. Advantage: tied.

There is no time whatsoever that you would use Putrid Breath over Miasmic Breath, because Miasmic Breath is far superior and is learned earlier so there is no time you would have Putrid Breath and not have Miasmic Breath.
    (4)

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast