Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    Player
    I could totally get behind a monstrosity based mini-expansion, (like abyssea, etc) but again, there needs to be some tie in to the main part of the game via gear or something else to make my actual character stronger in some way.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Can we get that cool looking red behemoth species? It looks awesomer than purple any day!
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yes you can. Level 50 and 20k infamy
    (0)

Elasmoth =/= the new Red behemoth.

Elasmoth is Black. This Behemoth for Skirmish is brand new model, well, brand new recolor.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It has a rather lot of red on it though... didn't realize there was a brand new one out. Probably why we don't have it
    (0)

I really look forward to seeing amorphs (obviously excluding burrowing worms) and hopefully arcana families added in the future. Arcana would be cool if you had to collect parts and trade them to the far right skull thingie to unlock them, as they are mostly constructs as opposed to living creatures.
    (0)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Work could be fun if they actually added a burrow mechanic to them. Add a JA that lets you "despawn", move around without being visible and without being able to attack, then spawn again somewhere else.
    (1)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I imagine worms burrowing when you move and just pop up when you stop. Then cast/attack from that position. Not sure how it would work with monsters that detect by sight though...
    (0)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There's a few things I'd like to suggest.

•Could you make it so players can grind instincts on monsters they prefer to use?
    I'm willing to suffer through a grind to get to a monster I like, but I wish i didn't have to grind every other monster I don't care about to 60/90 just to improve the ones I like or play around with different stat builds.

•It would be cool if we could use our monsters in Campaign and fight on the beastman side, maybe even replace the Allied Notes reward with Infamy to keep you showing up on your human characters too.

•Some monsters have special traits/animations like Amphiptere's flight mode and Cerberus's howl, is it possible to give player versions access to these kinds of things without getting ridiculous (As in I don't expect to be 50 feet in the air and untargetable, just maybe hovering with faster movement speed)?

•When you implement Dragons can you PLEASE make one of them a Blue Mage if only because being a dragon with access to a wide variety of Breath attacks makes way too much sense?
    (3)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBEWD View Post
    •It would be cool if we could use our monsters in Campaign and fight on the beastman side, maybe even replace the Allied Notes reward with Infamy to keep you showing up on your human characters too.
    I would would LOVE to to be able to do way more content with my monipulator. Campaign, BCNM/mission BCs, Salvage, Abyssea access, etc. ether give us a separate loot pool or even half the drop rates of current drops on that content or whatever, it's doesn't matter. I just want to use my monsters for something that isn't just grinding their levels up. RoE already allows me to work on goals while being a Monipulator so I'd like that to be expanded so I can work on game content as one.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBEWD View Post
    Some monsters have special traits/animations like Amphiptere's flight mode and Cerberus's howl, is it possible to give player versions access to these kinds of things without getting ridiculous (As in I don't expect to be 50 feet in the air and untargetable, just maybe hovering with faster movement speed)?
    I've been saying this for a while now. I think I'll be important to give each monipulator NM/HNM unique traits like those you mentioned, withdrawing into shells (similar to Aspidochelone) or summoning additional monsters (Like Alpha Gnole Anders), etc. that come with just that specific monster subspecies as well as more general traits like En-enfeeble effects, auras, absorbing certain elements to heal or other traits that make NM's difficult/tactically interesting. The former of which you could even allow us some customization with.This can really add an extra layer of depth when Mon Vs. MON is released.

You gave a good example of what to do if something is deemed not technically viable. Instead of saying, "Can't do it. Sorry, you just won't be able to do that", SE should try to give us something that is close to it that is within technical boundaries.

My example would be Pitlions or Onyx Antlions as the Monstrosity help text says. They don't have Ambush because they can't burrow. Understandable that we can't go under the map and move around but what if SE gave them an ability that was called "Burrow" but when you use it the burrow/unburrow animation goes off but what it really does is give you a variation of Gestation that lets you use Ambush while in this "Burrowed" mode. Make Pitlions THF and presto we now have a mob that's unique and won't be immediately over looked for Formiceros who's currently better in every way. That shouldn't be.

What about potent TP move access? Fatal Scream (AoE Doom) for example. Can't be implemented due to it's potent effects? Make adjustments to the way we're able to use it. For example, in order to circumvent players simply gaining 300% TP, sneaking up to an opponent and just immediately dooming everyone in range, adjust it's effects so this doom only gets applied to monsters that are under the effects of, say for the sake of example, Blind II. This has an intriguing effect on balance. Now, not only will the opponent receive a "warning" that Fatal Scream is coming, it also allows seldom used magic/skills to have a place AND, best of all, mind games can begin between players, which can be an important part of PvP. Because, of course, just because you cast Blind II doesn't necessary mean you have to use Fatal Scream but your opponent is now on his toes and you may be able to deceive him into a trap.

Similar adjustments can be made to moves that are deemed too powerful.

My point is technical limitations or seemingly overpowered abilities don't have to stop us from having access to them so long as they try to replicate what the monsters do and are done right.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 03-01-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast