Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Player
    I like the idea but I think it needs some tweaks, for instance, rather than 15~20 point cost to set it should be a bit cheaper than setting all 3 individually, especially if it gets rid of the normal 3 you are merging which it sounds like is your idea seeing as you are talking about cleaning up the list. The prices I would say should similar to having a 2, 4, and 6 instinct cost only 10, or an 8, 10, and 12 instinct cost 20~25, cheaper than all 3 together but not to cheap either.

Besides that, I think that its a great idea and I would love to see it happen, especially since it would cut down on the slots needed for the stats I want on certain jobs like BLM. The argument that it will be OP or some such doesn't need to come into play here since Monstrosity is OP as it is and hardly anyone does PvP for it, but PvP isn't going to be much harder even with it anyways if you take a real party like you are supposed to.
    (0)

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Personally, I wouldn't find myself doing quests that merge instincts and remove the original tier I-III's because I find maybe one of the 3 instincts per monster useful to me, and I'd like to continue using those parts, and not pay extra for the stuff I don't want.

I'd be fine if they added a new merged instinct... and these could be put at the top of the list, or maybe they could make the list sortable for you.

I would like these adjustments though:
    * Monster instincts from a monster should be automatically active on that monster! - a Bee gets any Bee instincts you've unlocked - no cost.

* Monster family instincts could cost 1 point less when equipped on same family. - a Bee equipping other vermin instincts, etc.
    (No penalty for opposing families should spring from this system)

* I would like a way to save instinct sets and re-apply them quickly. I really really hate losing all my set instincts when I switch to a new monster to level it for a little, then go back to a higher level monster for any reason. (This applies to Blue Magic too... why can't they just make those slots inactive, that are above your current level... not totally remove them... little things to make life easier.)

* A way to chose zone-in locations, similar to homepoint crystals... we know there are only a few entry locations anyway.

* some sort of reward for monipulators (not just gladiators) that can be used in the real game world. (and not just exp scrolls or teleport stuff) RoE sorta makes this possible, due to aman vouchers and sparks earned by fighting as monsters... but we can do that outside monstrosity anyway.

I'll keep giving this topic some thought, though my drive to play as a monster has waned since the double xp campaign ended and I'm focused back on my main character again.
    (2)

Player
    I'm not the only one who wants some sort of reward for Monstrosity, seems to be a pretty common request, haven't played it myself in ages because of the fact there's no reward, and the double exp campaign loss didn't help my motivation either.

I still think the idea of a very minor merit system, like I described, through monstrosity would make the entire thing feel very rewarding but not gamebreaking. But gear will do of course...
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm using it to do RoE alot. Works pretty good for that
    (1)

Player
    I just want to be able to do 99 and under content as monipulators. I'd love to show up to save the world from Promathia as a sheep, or go to take down Khimaira as a Behemoth, even if there weren't rewards. (He's such a poseur, Behemoth was a giant purple beast, years before him.)

Or better yet, have content WITH usable in game rewards, expressly balanced around parties of 1-18 players with 15,000 hp and monster stats. That way you can make content without having to worry about the item level problem. Wouldn't an expansion, or at least a mini expansion, based around Monstrocity be awesome? With a story and everything?

"Rise to be the most feared creature in Vanadiel! Strike fear in the hearts of Galka! Defend your horde from all who would steal it! Pre-order FFXI: The Most Notorious Monster, today!"
    (1)

Yeah I was thinking of that myself, that would be so much fun. They would have a hard time balancing it though if you could toss monsters into just any content.
    (0)

Player
    I honestly have wondered if it would be possible for someone to pop Jailer of Love, kill it, have Absolute Virtue pop, wipe, Re-raise up, have a Monster/Monstrosity fight Absolute Virtue down to 1~3% then have the Monster/Monstrosity die, and have the player reclaim Absolute Virtue again for the kill. In theory, the Monster could beat it down from start to finish and so long as the Monster does not deal the killing blow, but a player does, all drops should work as normal. Not exactly what you are talking about but a cool idea to try none the less I think.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    You could do that but why? An ilvld player is strong than a 99 monster full instincted. More hp sure but doubt also solo while if you can fight on regular and monster that means you'd have a party of at least 2
    (0)

Player
    Well for one thing, it could be fun, and secondly just an idea for something you could try out if you are not capable of duoing it, me and my friend Miku have failed to kill AV a few times in the past since Adoulin, but it would be cool if my Adamantoise or Coeurl could take AV down. Its just a fun lil idea anyways, its definitely not the most effective way to do it by any means.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I just meant if you can't take it down duo with ilvl gear your monstrosity mob is going to get owned. Though it would be fun
    (0)

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast