Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    All great planned adjustments. I have a few recommendations, even though some are in the works, Here's what I'd like to see as a priority!

1) Unlock RoTZ and CoP Zones soon - This is sorely needed. I mean, I enjoy exploring the original zones, But Its getting repetitive and it gets real hard to level around 60. Opening up some fresh new zones would be great. Especially needed for Larger Enemies.

2) Party Play! - Exp above 50 becomes slow, as it does with a player, I've lost the will to grind past 60 even as a RDM bee. Please introduce this ASAP! A lot of people look forward to it!

3) Increasing Infamy Cap - Current its capped at 10k, And you did mention it would go higher, Would like this even if you just increase it to 20k for now... It caps so easily XD

4) Pvp - Yes prz :3

5) "Relinquish" Takes you back to Monster-Island, Not human form. - Pretty please!!

Thats my wish list, I would really like to see new zones, like, really, its entirely too crowded in the existing zones and it becomes boring killing crabs, fish, or crawlers for 40 levels.
    (15)

I abosuletly love being a monster though i admit there are two main things i hate 1. getting teled to a high level zone with sneak not able to last long enough 2. Big monsters are really limited on areas they can train (like i am a morbol atm) other than that love it and i hope a fish or water monster will be avaiable in the future
    (1)

Character
    Ryene
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    All great planned adjustments. I have a few recommendations, even though some are in the works, Here's what I'd like to see as a priority!

1) Unlock RoTZ and CoP Zones soon - This is sorely needed. I mean, I enjoy exploring the original zones, But Its getting repetitive and it gets real hard to level around 60. Opening up some fresh new zones would be great. Especially needed for Larger Enemies.

2) Party Play! - Exp above 50 becomes slow, as it does with a player, I've lost the will to grind past 60 even as a RDM bee. Please introduce this ASAP! A lot of people look forward to it!

3) Increasing Infamy Cap - Current its capped at 10k, And you did mention it would go higher, Would like this even if you just increase it to 20k for now... It caps so easily XD

4) Pvp - Yes prz :3

5) "Relinquish" Takes you back to Monster-Island, Not human form. - Pretty please!!

Thats my wish list, I would really like to see new zones, like, really, its entirely too crowded in the existing zones and it becomes boring killing crabs, fish, or crawlers for 40 levels.
    Everything in this post, along with;

- Make gestation last until I click it off to cancel it. Because being dumped in a high level area of a low level zone sucks, especially on monsters with movespeed penalties. Unlimited sneak/invis isn't overpowered when you only get it once & it's not on your adventurer self.
    (12)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Something that may be of use for those that start up monstrosity later than the rest of us, could be having one of the NPC's in the Feretory mentioning how far off a monsters next non-TP move unlock is. Does not need to give specific level ranges, but a clue as to if nearing one or not would be useful for those that don't check wikis often.

The Beast family of monsters is a great example of where something like this would be useful for late comers.
    (1)
    Last edited by Hawklaser; 08-09-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vriska_Serket View Post
    Everything in this post, along with;

- Make gestation last until I click it off to cancel it. Because being dumped in a high level area of a low level zone sucks, especially on monsters with movespeed penalties. Unlimited sneak/invis isn't overpowered when you only get it once & it's not on your adventurer self.
    Actually going to Echo this. Cause Gestation lasting like 15 seconds is stupid.

I tried to go to Fei'Yin to Exp, if you don't get put near the camp you're aiming for? You're f**ked. You either die, or relinquish. Testing the Random Number Generator hoping you don't get dumped next to level 65 enemies at level 34 is not only incredibly infuriating but really kills your will to play.

Make Gestation last for at least 5 minutes or until you click it off, please?

I'm seriously getting genuinely pissed off having to play "Camp roulette" in hopes i don't get shafted on my pop location and have to suicide or go back to player form and try again. It sucks all the fun out of the system when half the time spent after level 40 is Dying or Relinquishing in hopes you end up in a level appropriate camp.
    (9)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-10-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Character
    Rayna
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    My feelings on Monstrosity so far? I definitely think you're on to something here. I think this system has some serious potential and could literally reinvent FFXI, assuming you play your cards right here. The worst thing you could do now is impose too many restrictions. At a minimum, keep it simple and allow us the basic functionality of partying/allying up with each other and fighting against other parties/allies. Allow normal players to participate in this as well. If you restrict this to 1v1 or even party v 1, it will not last. Let us decide how we want to use the system. If my linkshell wants to take two alliances out into the field and duke it out, let us. Just create a simple on/off switch so people can decide whether they wish to participate in the PVP aspect or not when running around in the field. If you are too restrictive with the PVP aspect, you could kill this system before it even gets off the ground. If you want to expand on that basic functionality and create events with reward systems, that's fine, but keep the basics in place.

All in all, so far so good! Great job so far. Myself, and my LS, are very much looking forward to the PVP aspect of this event. Please keep us posted!
    (2)
    Last edited by Briarb19; 08-10-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Character
    Sothis
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Overall, having a brilliant time with Monstrosity. By far the most fun I've had in XI since.. I can't even remember when. It's going to keep me playing when I probably otherwise would've left.

My only two complaints both sort of revolve around the "random Feretory warp" though. Definitely echoing the longer duration Gestation sentiment, because I've gotten dumped into too many horrible places at horrible levels to be there. I'd also really like - since we can't pick where we spawn - to be able to interact with certain things, like the Banishing Gates in Garlaige Citadel. It's unfortunate to get stuck behind the first gate repeatedly in the mid-30s (and either die or Relinquish because you can't get back out), and then not be able to get back there when you actually want to be there.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Make Gestation last for at least 5 minutes or until you click it off, please?
    This. Once More, this.

I leveled a handful of different monsters to 30 or just past it to get some instincts and unlocks and whatnots, so I'm only now experimenting with the various places that work well for leveling in the 30-40 range. There are a lot of options there.

My biggest discovery? I get warped to lots of terrifying places in Garliege Citadel, Crawler's Nest, Beaucedine Glacier, etc. no matter which one I pick. I settled on the Glacier as it seems easier to avoid aggro there, and well, I'm still pretty sure the goblins in Beaucedine Glacier will have completed many "Kill 8 members of the Wet No. Two family" Field of Valor pages by the time I'm able to reach an area that matches my level on multiple critters.

Other than this, I'm really enjoying Monstrosity. I particularly love how there are high level variants of tiny and/or adorable monsters, such as the RDM/THF Luckybug or the WHM/WAR White Rabbit, that seem just as strong as the gigantic and/or predatory stuff that resides near the top of each species tree.
    (4)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 08-10-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Monster parties!

Make Gestation last longer PLEASE...I decided to venture into a zone that said "Lvl 10~" and guess where I'm sent? smack in the middle of IT/IT+ Yagudo who wanted to make some tasty Rarab Steak...

Make the whole PvP thing separate from current Play as a monster...really do not want this fun ruined by elitists who think it would be lulz to run around killing other players as a 99 [insert monster here] vice verca of low level monster players being KO'd like make a separate arena area for PvP please... (and also lest we see one too many "Wet Fantasy Malboro" attacking female characters >.> )

What about the ability to chose your monster type depending on your story progress? like finishing wotg would unlock Monoceros (both types) depending on what the rest (inc nations maybe?) offer it could motivate players to finish expansions?
    (0)

Character
    Terika
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    I appreciate you answering our questions. Can you address some of the issue with certain players not being able to check the level of monsters. I have been killed by so many monsters and not being able to advance because i can not see how hard they are... or I'm fighting weak monsters too long because I don't realize when they are too easy. Please fix this so that all players can see the toughness of other monsters, check other players, and see themselves recieve xp and lv up. Its kinda annoying that has happened and no one has addressed it yet. Thank you in advance. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings monipulators.

How does Vana’diel look through the eyes of a monster? Just when Ronfaure rabbits thought they were safe from adventurers, now they have to worry about monsters they thought were friendly!

Below Ryota Iwagami has answered some questions about the system.

Also, if you could please use this thread to centralize all feedback relating to Monstrosity it would help out a lot! Thanks
    (0)

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast