Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Character
    Firinia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I feel like it's really difficult to raise the magical prowess on a Monipulator. It seems way easier to get and stack attack and haste instincts for a nice and noticeable benefit, but magical boosting instincts are few and far between, and the benefit they offer is so minuscule that it becomes easier to just completely ignore the magical side of any monster that is BLM or /BLM, and RDM or /RDM (nuking side of this job anyway). As a result any magical weapon skills a monster might have are also ignored because the damage they deal is far lower than most of their physical weapon skills.

Could there maybe be some boost or something to make magical attacks seem a little more usable/useful? It would also help the Monipulators who have weapon skills that deal magical damage. As it stands, most of these weapon skills do such abysmal damage that there's no reason to use them...
    (0)

Player
    I think a few decently easy to obtain Magic Damage instincts or flat out raising a MON's Magic Damage naturally as it levels, would fix that issue very quickly.
    (0)

Player
    Another issue is the fact of items. Can we please not be forced to expend Ninja tools in order to use NIN spells? I feel this is very unfair, you are forcing us to spend money and expend items for these spells when monsters themselves, the very things we are 'possessing' never have had tools to begin with let alone have they had to spend them. On another note regarding items, if we have to use items for this, can we please use medicines of some form or be given immunity to certain ailments? The most unfair thing in Monstrosity is the complete lack of a way to avoid Doom from killing you unless you are one of the few WHM or /WHM monsters. For instance as my Cockatrice I got stuck with Doom, I am WAR/BLM, I can not use Holy Waters, I have no Cursna, I have no party members to Cursna me, I am reserved to death with no way to counteract it, can we please be given the power to use Holy Waters or just flat out be given immunity to Doom itself?
    (2)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I meant that people have used "weak" as a description for crawler a few times, not just in this thread. But even with mobs i have leveld since i did crawler it still killed things faster. I also mentioned 9-30, it was killin faster as well, just specifically it was one shotting things 1-8 and nothing else i have leveld has done this. I get the lack of tp moves, maybe I didnt mind so much because i had just leveld chigo slime and spriggan before it. I often found i was killing mobs at least to 30 in 2-4 hits and only had any amount of tp you would need for any move after bout 3-4 mobs.

Its kind of weird i am leveling mandy on my mule, i havent done any plantoids on my main and its cracking me up having every tp move cost 70-80 tp instead of 150+ for almost everything i have leveld recently on my main. and the moves aren't too shabby either on mandy so far. Was gettin to the point I would barely use the tp moves as I was just used to gettin 150 to use any, and before you know it i have 300 tp and i am killin pretty fast without the tp moves.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Firinia View Post
    I feel like it's really difficult to raise the magical prowess on a Monipulator. It seems way easier to get and stack attack and haste instincts for a nice and noticeable benefit, but magical boosting instincts are few and far between, and the benefit they offer is so minuscule that it becomes easier to just completely ignore the magical side of any monster that is BLM or /BLM, and RDM or /RDM (nuking side of this job anyway). As a result any magical weapon skills a monster might have are also ignored because the damage they deal is far lower than most of their physical weapon skills.

Could there maybe be some boost or something to make magical attacks seem a little more usable/useful? It would also help the Monipulators who have weapon skills that deal magical damage. As it stands, most of these weapon skills do such abysmal damage that there's no reason to use them...
    There are ton more instincts to come with new mob families. I wouldn't be surprised to see some nice ones from Amorphs when those are out.
    (0)

Player
    I just hope they start adding Magic Damage for instincts, that is the most vastly important stat for magic DDing and yet we lack it completely, I mean INT & MAB stacking isn't bad but the fact we have no Magic Damage really does hurt it.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I meant that people have used "weak" as a description for crawler a few times, not just in this thread. But even with mobs i have leveld since i did crawler it still killed things faster. I also mentioned 9-30, it was killin faster as well, just specifically it was one shotting things 1-8 and nothing else i have leveld has done this. I get the lack of tp moves, maybe I didnt mind so much because i had just leveld chigo slime and spriggan before it. I often found i was killing mobs at least to 30 in 2-4 hits and only had any amount of tp you would need for any move after bout 3-4 mobs.
    To be fair though alot of mobs can do that. But you having just leveled chigoe and slime 2 of the weakest melee mobs the difference was probably rather large. Lately for each mob I've leveled I've been seeing how long I can go for chains. Like 1-8 in 1 chain then get to 14 in that same zone and try chain all the way from 14 to ~24. Actually managed it on a few mobs though what ends up being the make or break really is the mobs movement speed since most mobs with decent instincts can take keep on killing EM-VT mobs fast enough. Hell even chigoe only takes like 6 hits to kill stuff in buburimu at 30 lol.

Regardless once you starting hitting the point where fights start slowing down around say the 50s or so the lack of decent moves really starts to hurt crawler.... of course luckily now no mob has to leave buburimu and even lol chigoe can kill stuff there pretty fast
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Another issue is the fact of items. Can we please not be forced to expend Ninja tools in order to use NIN spells? I feel this is very unfair, you are forcing us to spend money and expend items for these spells when monsters themselves, the very things we are 'possessing' never have had tools to begin with let alone have they had to spend them.
    What I find most troubling is we need tools to use ninjitsu but we can't even use a toolbag to get to our tools as a monster <.<
    (2)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Although i like the damage of the melee fighters, I start pining for a mage skin for whatever i am leveling just so i can pull it without runnin around trying to catch them.
    (0)

Player
    I do mages because BLM gives Ice Spikes which is more survival anyways, and hardly any loss in stats.
    (0)

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast