Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Aptant Specific Gear

Okies~ I know that a lot of us have been playing for a very long time and gear comes and goes and takes up space just for the sentimentality of it because it becomes useless after a time, but i think Furia, Ebon and Ebur aptantable gear were a little underpowered even for their time. I spent many hours obtaining a full set of aptants for my pld with the hope of reducing flash recast delay to 30 sec through evoliths, but due to the nature of obtaining ebur pigment this hope has left me with 5 peices of gear i cannot even npc and have absolutely 0 purpose other then looking cool, additionally the aptant NMs now have 0 use as well, other then, like tegmine, killing him because it's fun to do so. I suggest:

1: Making upgrades to aptant gear so it is more on par with the higher level and easier to obtain gear (since currently afv3 is the end all be all of gear, there is not many options and i believe afv3 has severely limited the ability to 'personalize' your gear as was originally the goal in introducing evoliths)
    2: Similar to the above statement, make a greater variety of Evoliths and make them more potent in their effects. Larger effects could 'drop' from more difficult mobs/NMs etc not randomly from a book.
    3: Add more available slots to gear. You could also make the # of slots based on the size of the piece of gear relative to the gear slot the player equips it on. IE Feet 3 slots, pants 4 slots Hands 4 slots head 3 slots body 5 slots. The idea being that a bigger piece of gear can hold more rocks not just the size of the rocks.
    4: make them storable on the porter moogle.

I personally enjoyed getting aptants and evoliths (i finally recently tossed all the evoliths i had worked so very hard to obtain because i was never going to finish my ebur set because there is nothing better then the creed +2 in my opinion, even though i don't have full creed +2 yet ebur isn't any better then what i already have) I loved the fact that I could make my gear for my play style, not just a generic, i still follow these rules in my gear but i think it would be nice to make evoliths more useful again and not the 700g npc /toss that most people use them for currently. (During light weather add effect light dmg +1 is useless) Just my thoughts, i appreciate any feedback on the subject.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kavik; 03-24-2011 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Added in option 4
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Annewandering
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Do you think that updates to this might be added in the near future? They have been talking about upgrading the older gear by synergy. Maybe this is one they have in mind even though it really isnt that old?
    I would love some of that gear but gave up very early on the idea.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    All of this gear was terrible. If they do update it, please put some thought into the augments first. We don't need a body that is only good against aquans again.
    (0)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    All of this gear was terrible. If they do update it, please put some thought into the augments first. We don't need a body that is only good against aquans again.
    Agree wholeheartedly, syngery as it pertains to equipment is very largely.... useless because there isn't anything of real value you can put an evolith on, you can't make the best better... you can make the worst... a little less terrible.
    (0)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain