Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I thought I remember reading somewhere an example of PCs fighting PC controlled mobs was some of their drop tables dropping. I think with things like Defending Ring and the like maybe defeating PC controlled NM/HNM x amount of times would net you a item such as that.
    (0)

Player
    I have to doubt that, otherwise Drings will become common place as would any other currently rare item, after all, just ask your LS to let you kill them for a few hours and the item is yours.
    (1)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I dont think a event like pankration where you pretty much get to watch your monster fight compares to monstrosity where you actually get to do and its really fun.
    I personally don't see that much of a difference between controlling/leveling a monster that isn't your own character and controlling/leveling a monster that is your own character, but maybe that's just me

Personally, I've already grown tired of the event and that's unlikely to change until these extra "jobs" have some reason for existing. If all we can do is kill random NQ fodder for no drops (because you certainly aren't going to waste your time camping NMs for no drops) then I'm not interested
    (1)
    Last edited by Fynlar; 08-10-2013 at 06:04 PM.

This is the most fun I have had in ages in FFXI and the only reason I am still paying for the game.

They have already stated their future plans:

- Rewards of some sort.
    - PvP, at least monster vs. monster, perhaps also monster vs. adventurer? Fun!
    - Partying as monsters.
    - More monsters to play.

This is awesome.
    (1)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Tried this out a couple days ago, it is pretty fun, so far got them all lvl 10, rabbit is 22 and I chose the blm one, pretty fun to solo stuff blm solo style as a wabbit current goal is to get all 3 30 and then decide from there what family I'll "main" So far its Beast family.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarabi View Post
    This is the most fun I have had in ages in FFXI and the only reason I am still paying for the game.

They have already stated their future plans:

- Rewards of some sort.
    - PvP, at least monster vs. monster, perhaps also monster vs. adventurer? Fun!
    - Partying as monsters.
    - More monsters to play.

This is awesome.
    For what I bolded...

Incoming 1000's of "Wet Fantasy Malboro" vs female character.

But back to the rest, a "Monster party" would be fun. Wonder what this would do for Blue Mage (headcanon)lore... "You can become a monster..." "Sir I have been several monsters already, why be a Soulflayer when I can be a Behemoth? or a Raptor, or a Bee or a..." "Silence!"

Differently a nice break from grinding Baylid in Rieves
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I have to doubt that, otherwise Drings will become common place as would any other currently rare item, after all, just ask your LS to let you kill them for a few hours and the item is yours.
    Like they aren't now lol? I recently watched a guy get 2 in a row <.<. But yeah I think this has alot more staying power than the other events even if there is no reward. It is already more in depth and has more to do (pank was fun and all but the lvl of control and what you could actually do was almost non existant) and if they add the whole nm/hnm and pvm mvm thing will just get better and drops will just be icing on the cake. This will probably be my go to when I'm bored and don't feel like doing other random stuff and no good shouts going on and I don't feel like minting money er I mean fishing
    (2)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-11-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Character
    Maledict
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yes, it's an incredibly fun event just through leveling alone, though I agree it's still a little grindy when you hit the mid-20s (and Mandragora is sort of at a disadvantage while leveling compared to the other species so far).

I'm very much hoping that Wyrms will be an option so I can mercilessly Spike Flail anyone who dares stand against me. As it stands now, though, I'm rather content just with unlocking stuff. Currently I'm playing the universal theme song of merciless destruction while finishing up Sabotender. =D
    (0)

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    It's setup for a lot more than what is out now, what is out to start us off is a good time, level 1-30 is really fast. When you can get chain 20 in qufim getting 500-600 a kill it's kinda fun. It starts to slow down around 45, as it just takes a lot longer to kill mobs. When we will be able to party it should speed up a lot again.
    (1)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Anyone know if you get more notoriety from fighting NM's? or if its just the same as defeating normal monsters.
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    Anyone know if you get more notoriety from fighting NM's? or if its just the same as defeating normal monsters.
    I think it's just based on the amount of EXP you get .
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast