Character
    Titain
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Best attachment set up

Hello I play pup often and I'm just curious what in your guys opinion is the best attachments to use for:

Melee

Ranged

Magic

Healing
    (0)

The attachments you pick largely vary on what event you are doing, and whether you're with a small group or solo. the ranged auto is usually the go-to auto with alternator, for auto-tanking solos or high-dmg output. VE can be handy for very tough solos, and i see VE/SS mix having some use as well. Whm frame is for when you're fighting things that you can tank yourself, like limbus or dynamis.

Dynamis: strobe, flashbulb. These can both proc WS trigger on dyna mobs, makes for excellent dyna farming.

Limbus: whm head/rdm frame. I use all the spell affecting attachments. power cooler, damage gauge, maybe vivi valve if you need it. Eraser is good if you fight w/ auto in range. Mana tank II, and mana conserver.

Tact processor - helps auto WS faster and react to spell casting situations faster, I always have this equipped nowadays.

Heatsink - Necessity, reduces overload rate by increase how quickly the degrees decrease.

SS head/frame - scope, drum magazine, turbo charger, tact processor, flame holder, heatsink. are the important ones.

PUP is one of the few jobs that takes a deep understanding of the job to play well. Take the time to read exactly how each attachment works, and if the maneuvers would conflict with the WS or spells you're trying to get the auto to use. Then look at what situations you will be encountering in the event you plan to take on, and equip accordingly.
    (2)

Whm head, pld body, x2 regen maneuver, x1 optic fiber, x3 light maneuvers= DD pet with a sick regen!
    (0)

Character
    Ryeloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I was looking for a good guide for puppetmaster attachments. Anyone know one? I used the red mage puppet the most so far. Haven't skilled up my ranger puppet yet.
    (0)

Character
    Titain
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Did they do something with overload? I wear my af3+2 often and I noticed after the update it seems to overload more often.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Titain View Post
    Did they do something with overload? I wear my af3+2 often and I noticed after the update it seems to overload more often.
    I've been sucked into monstrosity since update, but i haven't heard of any auto burden degree change. Are you also using heatsink and equipping in puppetry dastanas and buffoon's collar? I haven't had an overload in months even using 2x wind w/ SS (and lower burden threshold due to alternator stat increase). The only time you should be overloading is if you maneuver right after a summon (capped burden) then there's a small chance. But that could've just been my macro lagging those few times.
    (0)

Some good things to know about pup...
    The best way you can skill up varries per frame.
    For melee- aim for enemy's that won't die but deal poor damage, and are able to cure themselves.
    For magic - aim for enemy's that deal no damage but inflict status ailments.
    For ranger - aim for enemy's that stay stationary with high damage resistance.

Or you can cheat...

Go to abyssea lathine or grauberg and equip x3 regen atmas and pull like 5-20 fairys with your pet, then Afk against a wall. Equip all the evasion and defense attachments you have. The fairys use tp moves that AOE cure all of them, and they spam curega and cures which will make it so u fight the same one for a few hours.... Works for all skills

Or

Recently I leveled my fourth puppet master and had 0 ranged skill and level 99 job...
    The new adoulin enemy's are perfect for afk magic skill and afk range... Use the mushroom thingies that spam paralyze and leave ur ranged pet on it for a while, while you go to bed. Same goes for whm, the enemy will spam paralyze, and ur pet will spam Paralyna, if you can get ur hands on the h2h with refresh/regen from abyssea miser? Or vunk? (The NM near the clusters) and the delve cape with refresh, then your pet will have a 2 tick auto refresh. However, whm pet skills pretty fast if you take it with you on a few adventures!

As for frame/ attachment advice..
    I love my valoredge pet! But everyone loves rangers damage so it is a good way to go considering u dont have to pay for ammo lol

All the attachments do the same thing, and they are all as good as each other one is, so GET ALL OF THEM. What I mean by this is there are 8 elements and each element has the same kind of attachment as the other element, they are just all situational. Example
    Earth has attachments that negate damage
    Fire has attachments that boost your power
    Wind has ways to make you attack quicker, or evade
    Light has ways to cure and remove status ailments
    Dark has ways to recover mp
    Thunder has ways to make attacks more accurate/gives you bonus attack types
    Water is magic def bonuses
    Ice is magic attack bonus

If you want a paladin / warrior use earth and fire attachments

If you want a powerful ranger use wind/fire attachments

If you want a powerful blackmage use ice/dark attachments

Ect

If you run out of elemental lights but really want to use an attachment,try swapping around your head and test it out!

Example;
    A few years ago I wanted to equip both regen attachments on my valoredge pet but I couldn't because I didn't have enough lights, so I used the whm head and the pld body (his body gives him the ability to use weapon skills) and by doing so I can equip both regen and use optic fiber, now when I use x3 light maneuvers I have like a 75 tick regen (I forget the exact amount) and all of my other parts I have on are boosted by something like 15-30% due to optic fiber.

So puppet master is a job that caters to your desires for the situation, and eventually it's as easy as selecting which armor you want to wear! I have always said puppet master is a HQ bst lol I'm just hoping they might come out with some new attachments or frames ;(. A drk pet or a thf pet would be nice but I guess that's what we have bst for ;p
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I've been overloading more regularly in Adoulin, but then I found out I had swapped out Heatsink and my maneuver macros were no longer using Cirque body +2 (it was actually part of my TP set, which got changed with the new gear).

On Sharpshot I prefer Barrage Turbine over Drum Magazine, although you got to watch for those 100%+ TP Barrages when you got Fire/Thunder+Wind up, especially with TacPro. Daze isn't that bad on bosses like Colkhab, but I'd prefer Barrage > Armor Shatterer > Tactical Switch (300% TP) > Armor Shatterer (Dropping 13k damage within 10 seconds might pull agro though, so prepare for it )
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Elvyn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Titain View Post
    Just got back from a break and dived into the new expansion and the first thing I noticed was that my RNG frame was overloading a lot, though if your of the mind that your stats have to be above your pets in a particular area to limit an overload it could be a side effect of these new animators raising the auto's stats. Also RNG barrage turbine dosen't seem to be kicking as much as it used to.

So maybe after adding all this nice melee gear for pup, SE didn't want us to think they actually like us so decided to mess around with things for giggles
    (0)
    :O Destiny's Child Reformed!