Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TearValerin View Post
    Bad Hi or not, its still doing 37.5% more damage unresisted, +% damage taken does not remove the natural resistances a mob has in place already. It'd be like if we tried to WS a skeleton that had -25% damage from slashing/pierce, but still had +100% damage taken, it isnt going to be an automatic +75% damage taken, it's going to be +100% after the resistance is calculated.
    Can you prove that? Or is how you know super secret like your characters name?
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Well, according to Byrth's math, it's Mythic drg vs Emp war.

Mythic drg ahead by 5% w/o looking at wyvern, but also not looking at retaliation (because can't rly model that when the mob should be swapping targets when both reach enmity cap)
    If you go the AM3 mythic road it could be pup seing as stringing pummel + kenkonken is not too far from verethragna with just AM1. The problem is that AM3 is unusable 100% of the time.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Schatzie
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Can you prove that? Or is how you know super secret like your characters name?
    It's common sense, it isn't going to be subtracted from amplified damage, that would be just plain stupid.

@ GG, nope, aint me.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    It's BRD singing bieber songs because it kills everyone within earshot.
    Lmao, 20 points for that one lol. On top though, in abyssea its War/Sam outside of it I think blu/thf is.
    (0)

It's common sense, it isn't going to be subtracted from amplified damage, that would be just plain stupid.

@ GG, nope, aint me.
    Don't believe you.

Regardless, Haste/Slow work the same way (50% haste + 25% slow = 25% haste), so it's not implausible that DT is additive instead of multiplicative. In fact I'm fairly sure it's additive.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Schatzie
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Don't believe you.

Regardless, Haste/Slow work the same way (50% haste + 25% slow = 25% haste), so it's not implausible that DT is additive instead of multiplicative. In fact I'm fairly sure it's additive.
    Believe whatever you want, that person is a low level female taru that runs around on whm. Make a mule on Asura and look, I run a mithra.
    (0)

Don't believe you.

I think its more like the effects of the spell slow and haste. Having haste (+damage) cast on you while you have slow(-damage) would overwrite and cancel out the slow.

Again I ask, can you prove how it works? Saying it's common sense is not proving that's how it works.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Believe whatever you want, that person is a low level female taru that runs around on whm. Make a mule on Asura and look, I run a mithra.
    So it's someone's mule? That or I managed to piss off someone playing a low level female taru on Asura, talking about damage numbers and e-peening, who seems to grasp basic mechanics well enough to have decent "what if" sets. I don't think such a person exists

Edit: I also cannot run and look at your character on Asura if I do not know your name
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    If you go the AM3 mythic road it could be pup seing as stringing pummel + kenkonken is not too far from verethragna with just AM1. The problem is that AM3 is unusable 100% of the time.
    Also, Kenkonken AM3 only procs once per round (not once per fist).
    (0)

Character
    Aisubeki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So it's someone's mule? That or I managed to piss off someone playing a low level female taru on Asura, talking about damage numbers and e-peening, who seems to grasp basic mechanics well enough to have decent "what if" sets. I don't think such a person exists

Edit: I also cannot run and look at your character on Asura if I do not know your name
    tear is just some poser, olfar is the one and only relic spear owner on asura to date, unless some JP has one and gone unnoticed. i can tell because that editted buzzfly crap was mine. dude must've just googled and photoshopped damage. let me look for the original.
    (0)

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast