Gilgashortie
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 75

Puppetmaster Cutscene Won't Progress

Platform: Windows 7
    ISP: Verizon
    Type of Internet Connection: High Speed FIOS (Fiber Optic)
    Internet Connection Speed: 60 Mbps
    Date & Time: August 5-6, 2013
    Frequency: Each time, dozens of attempts.
    Character Name: Gilgashortie
    Race: TaruM
    World: Carbuncle
    Main Job: Puppetmaster, Lv.61
    Support Job: Dancer
    Area and Coordinates: Whitegate, NPC Iruki-Waraki K-9
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Iruki-Waraki
    Monster Name: N/A

Steps:
    1. I speak to the NPC Iruki-Waraki in Whitegate to begin the Puppemaster Artifact Armor quest line.
    2. The cutscene begins successfully.
    3. The cutscene always stops after the second line of text (Asking for help in finding an automaton).

I have tried rebooting my PC, running a file check from Playonline Viewer, and reinstalling the entire POL/FFXI game to different hard drives. Out of dozens of attempts the cutscene stops at the same point every time.

I can still use /linkshell to communicate, but the cutscene is stuck on the NPC Iruki-Waraki in a /sit emote position after giving two lines of text. I have no way of obtaining Artifact Armor due to her being the primary NPC for Puppetmaster.

Thank You.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shortstuff; 08-07-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Character
    Nejie
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm having a similar problem with The quest "Puppetmaster's Blues", except the game just goes to a black screen and the Cutscene never loads, I have waited there for up to 20 minutes. I appreciate any help I can't progress with my Artifact armor quest until this is resolved, thank you in advance.

Platform: Xbox 360, tried it on my PC also Windows 8
    ISP: Verizon
    Type of Internet Connection: High Speed FIOS (Fiber Optic)
    Internet Connection Speed: 60 Mbps
    Date & Time: August 8, 2013
    Frequency: Everytime about 5 times on xbox and twice on PC
    Character Name: Nejie
    Race: HumeM
    World: Ragnarok
    Main Job: Puppetmaster, Lv.57
    Area and Coordinates: Whitegate, K-9
    Monster Name: N/A
    (0)

Character
    Irishbelle
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm having the same problems with the quest "The Wayward Automation." I can start the quest. The NPC will say 2 lines of conversation and then nothing else. I'm locked in the cutscene and can only use the chat options. I was in a party the 1st time it happened. I tried to have a friend use warp II on me to break the cutscene, but it didn't work.
    I hope they fix this soon because I am unable to progress in the puppetmaster quests at this time.

Platform:PC Windows 7
    ISP: Comcast
    Type of Internet Connection: High Speed
    Internet Connection Speed: 180 Mbps
    Date & Time: August 9th & 10th, 2013
    Frequency: Everytime 4 times late in the evening on the 9th and 5 times on the 10th, morning and afternoon
    Character Name: Irishbelle
    Race: HumeF
    World: Cerberus
    Main Job: Puppetmaster, Lv.48
    Area and Coordinates: Whitegate, K-9
    (1)

Character
    Byee
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I got the same problem when I talk to Iruki-Waraki about AF1 part 3. Cutsense is going to blackscreen and wait more than 15mins nothing happen. even try my notebook and PC with difference Windows OS 7 and 8.
    (0)

Character
    Oneyermg
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I am having the same problems. I get 2 lines of text, then I go into limbo. I can chat.. but I can't move and the CS goes no further (have waited for over 20 minutes). I have reported this to the GMs and Technical Assistance, and they say they can't do anything about it, so hopefully this will get something accomplished. I can not proceed with leveling puppetmaster because I can not get the AF quest done, which require the lvl 40 quest to completed first. PLEASE, do something about this!!!
    (0)

Character
    Risingstarswann
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 64
    I don't mean to be brash or rude but i do pay money for this game. I'm a fan and all too, but this is a problem for me as well. I've had a ticket number since friday and no response. I saw original post on the sixth of august with no response from anyone, accept more people getting caught in this train wreck. It's a little disconcerting that no dev has said they were aware of the issue and looking into it. I check the known issues tab on the playonline viewer and all thats there is monstrocity. Just want this fixed so i can complete my limit break and move on.
    (0)

Character
    Redapples
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 80
    I've been having the same issue for over two weeks now. I've contacted technical support and the GM both have told me it's an issue with my router. I've done all steps they suggested with no luck. Being a programmer myself I know they can look into this or at least just flag the quests as completed so I can move on to my other quests. I just got off the phone and was told to post here so they will look into the issue but from what I read they aren't looking into it yet. I just came back from a two year leave of the game and this is not a good way to come back. PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE DEV!!
    (0)

Character
    Risingstarswann
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 64
    updating my last post I finally got a reply from SE support (9 days later) and am deeply dissatisfied with their response to this issue
    Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It will be forwarded to the appropriate party. We are not aware of there being any trouble or problems in this game like you are describing, although we are not doubting your claim. Please attempt to continue trying to resolve the issue locally while we report this issue to development and management. Thank you for taking the time to contact us today and we look forward to your opinions of our upcoming titles.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.s an update to my last post I just got a reply from SE about this issue... and needlessly to say im highly dissatisfied with what they said.
    (0)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Quote Originally Posted by Risingstar View Post
    We are not aware of there being any trouble or problems in this game like you are describing, although we are not doubting your claim.
    Another classic from SE Customer services.
    (0)