Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Sekhmet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Monstrosity resorts spell list

I just noticed, whenever you go into the odyssean passage to do monstrosity it completely resets your magic sorted lists. This wouldn't be such as issue if the defalt maqic sorting made any kind of sense at all. I mean, why is regen 5 3 pages away from regen 2? I know the developers have bigger fish to fry atm, but would it be too much to ask to have the default magic lists autosort in a rational way? I.E. all the cures together; all the buffs and debuffs together by element; all the nukes together by element and by tier, 1, 2, 3 etc?

I may be in the minority here, but I use both my macros and the spell menu during play, because I simply do not have the macro room to macro every single spell, and stuff like sneak, invisible, raise, and reraise get left in the spell list because they don't get cast very often. I ask simply if it is even possible to get this issue fixed. It may not be a major issue to some, but to me at least, I find it very annoying. If any other players reading this think so too, please like this post.
    (6)

Greetings,

Below is a message from Monstrosity lead Ryota Iwagami about a couple of current known issues with the new content that was just implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryota_Iwagami View Post

Hello.
    I believe a news announcement was just made before about this, but I would like to inform you all about some currently known issues with Monstrosity.
    • The order of spell lists resets
      We are working towards fixing this with an emergency update this week. Specifically, we will be making it so the order of your spell list will be preserved when returning to your adventurer form after playing as a monster.

• Abilities that cannot be used show up in the list of skills
      We plan on fixing this in the end of August version update. Due to the fact that some abilities that are still being adjusted appear in the list, we will make them hidden until adjustment is completed.

• The sub-targeting after selecting spells when a monster differs from that when you are an adventurer
      When targeting yourself and attempting to use an offensive magic spell or monster ability, it results in yourself becoming the sub-target. When removing the sub-target from yourself in the above situation, you will no longer be able to sub-target yourself. We are working on improving this, but as the cause is somewhat complex it will take a bit of time before we can fix it.

I apologize for the convenience and we appreciate your patience.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    My two cents, and others can feel free to chime in, but is this issue really worthy of an "emergency update"?
    (0)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    My two cents, and others can feel free to chime in, but is this issue really worthy of an "emergency update"?
    They said "emergency update;" not "emergency maintenance."
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    They said "emergency update;" not "emergency maintenance."
    Seeing as he repeated it, I think he understands that.

In either case, can you add a way to sort spells as a monster as well? I would like to auto-sort my magic when playing as a monster, it was quite annoying to be yesterday when I was playing as a Mandragora with Black Magic and every new spell popped up at the bottom, while my only way to sort my spells was to leave, sort them, and completely reenter again.
    (1)

Character
    Sekhmet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Granted, It's not the most "omfgfixthisnowz" issue, and I did say, if I may quote myself: " I know the developers have bigger fish to fry atm, . . ." My major question in the original post was if it was possible to make the default sort list more ordered in a rational way so it's easier to find spells from the spell list instead of macroing everything; and whether that would be a major undertaking for a future update.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for this fix to the monstrosity issue, and with all the other stuff that needs looked at, it seems a bit nitpicky of me to bring it up in the first place, and I apologize for that. I for one, realize the amount of work the programers and developers are doing at this time to get us these updates within 30 days of each other, and I, for one, appreciate it.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's certainly more worthy of one than some other things they've done an emergency maint for recently.
    (0)

Character
    Lordkrys
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Does this affect all magic lists? Or is it just related to the magic that the monsters use? Anyone know if it affects Blue magic?
    (0)

Character
    Sekhmet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordkrys View Post
    Does this affect all magic lists? Or is it just related to the magic that the monsters use? Anyone know if it affects Blue magic?
    I honestly can't say if it affects the blue magic spell lists, because I use the default blue magic list, but I can say that it effected all the other lists, including geomancy, so it follows that it effects blue magic as well.
    (0)

Greetings,

Below is an update from Ryota Iwagami about one of the current known issues with Monstrosity.
    This has also been announced on PlayOnline News.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryota_Iwagami View Post
    Hello.

We’ve completed the fixes for the below current known issue:
    • The order of spell lists resets

I apologize for any inconveniences caused for those of you whose spell list orders were reset. I also apologize to make those of you who really wanted to play wait.

Thank you very much.
    (2)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast