Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Holy Crap What Did You do to Targeting SE?

Targeting has been off since a couple of updates ago, but it was tollerable. I used to be able to target things and people very accurately but first targetgn myself and then with the correct angle, I would be able to aquire my target through crounds. I was fine with a little extra tabbing. Also odd things like targeting doors int he middle of no where when standing above the auction house in port jeuno.
    But this now. This is EXTREMELY inconvenient. For over 10 years now I've been able to able to leave my mog house with ease. I'd simple have to target my moogle or myself and press tab to target the door.(Previous to stated above, I could target myself and press tab, since then when I do, it targets the moogle instead of the door. Requiring and extra press of tab. That was minor.) Now you have to swing the canera ALL THE WAY around to target the door. ow when you exit, you're cameris is facing into the mog house instead of away from it. Now you have to swing the canera ALL THE WAY back around again. This is rediculous. This is uunnecessary. What this intentional? Was this a glitch? Either way, allowing it to continue is unacceptable.
    (5)

Player
    I noticed that too when I couldn't even target the knotted root in colonization rieves.

I probably tabbed through the crowd 3 times before running up in front successfully targeting the root.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-06-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I noticed that too when I couldn't even target the knotted root in colonization rieves.

I probably tabbed through the crowd 3 times before running up in front successfully targeting the root.
    Yeah, I've noticed that I have to be almost right on top of the root to target it. Even if no one is attacking it. I usually have to target a mob and then tab from there to the root because it won't let me target it straight off.
    (5)

Player
    They probably tried to fix the age-old issue where you can target stuff that should have been culled from your vision, such as mobs a floor above you in Delkfutt, or airship doors in Port Jeuno while you're up near the AH area.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I just spot someone who looks like they're probably hitting it and do a quick /assist <t>.
    (4)

Similar problem with mog house exit, though I used a different method. Hitting down arrow so that my character was facing the camera (and thus the door), I could just hit Enter and the default target would be the door, allowing me to exit. Now I have to swing the camera all the way around to get target.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Similar problem with mog house exit, though I used a different method. Hitting down arrow so that my character was facing the camera (and thus the door), I could just hit Enter and the default target would be the door, allowing me to exit. Now I have to swing the camera all the way around to get target.
    Ewwwwwwwww...
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Thor airship doors in Port Jeuno while you're up near the AH area.
    I could not before, now I can do just that. They went backward.

Also, if they alter something that creates such drastic changes, they need to inform us of what they are changing before hand.
    (2)

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm dealing with it by pressing down (keypad 2) and first-person-perspective (keypad 5) twice; makes the camera focus on the door faster than spinning the camera.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I could not before, now I can do just that. They went backward.

Also, if they alter something that creates such drastic changes, they need to inform us of what they are changing before hand.
    Sure, this doesn't exactly say that, but it's probably enough in their mind:

Quote Originally Posted by NOC_EU View Post
    Resolved Issues
    • The issue wherein it was possible to target a door that existed outside one's field of vision from a certain position in Lower Jeuno and Port Jeuno.
    And yes, it does affect my targeting in negative ways as well. It's surprisingly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Me too, and I can imagine finding even more cases where I actually targeted 'behind me' once (or if) I start playing more actively again...

So yeah. Not happy about this change: bad form!
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast