Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Yeah, why not swap out those for things like Einherjar/old Nyzul stuff? That'd make the average player happy knowing they got something shiny to look forward to.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I lost 45k points.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I do not want to pile on, but you could have spent your points during the event as well. If you were after the chocobo mask, you would've hit 4k points a week and half plus ago.

I think that the redemption period (after points stopped accumulating) was far too short. Would 2 weeks for redemption have killed them?
    I never used my points because I thought I had a chance to earn enough to make chocoholic hat +1. I gave up on the 31st thinking it was over on that day. Now I lost all my points too because I was too busy with work. What a disappointment indeed.

Btw on the 31st I ended with 19 logins. Which 20 logins was needed to make the mask and had I known the event was extended 1 more day I would have reached the 20 login quota.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-06-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You had more than enough warning about the deadline so that's kind of your own fault if it was just negligence.

However, gripes about people not being able to use all their points due to not being able to use all the beastly shanks that they wanted to would IMO be quite justified.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    I just sold my KSNM99 pops, I got all I wanted so I can fund my jobs throughout early stages (Meaning things like WHM/BLM) and ofc I got my oh-so-lovely E.Body from Nidhogg tonight <3 imo it was a very good campaign, just wish they'd give us more variety in terms of the relic purchasing, considering they gave us Xarc and Beau, why not do the towns now? What is stopping you SE? We needed prereqs to get Xarc and Beau, it's not so different with the cities, and in fact it'd make this login campaign a little more fun since I have relic to look forward to nstead of "omg use/sell mah shanks to the welfare line, toot toot!"
    (0)

Player
    You guys must think everyone can be on the game everyday.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well, that was kind of the premise of the campaign to begin with... if you weren't the kind of person that could do this, it wasn't something for you to begin with.

It's not like you even had to spend any time actually doing anything in the game, all you had to do was take a bit of time to either log on or change areas, and then take a bit of time to get your stuff. And again, it's not like they did this with no warning, either.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Well, that was kind of the premise of the campaign to begin with... if you weren't the kind of person that could do this, it wasn't something for you to begin with.

It's not like you even had to spend any time actually doing anything in the game, all you had to do was take a bit of time to either log on or change areas, and then take a bit of time to get your stuff. And again, it's not like they did this with no warning, either.
    If I logged in 19 times out of 20 attempting to earn the Chocobo mask +1, then that should already tell you that I did try my best. Announcing it 2 days before the event ended was not enough time to know they extended it.

I don't see how they could not announce it earlier when the event was fresh in the early days after the emergency maintenance deprived everyone the opportunity to login that day especially when the topic had been brought up earlier and I did participate in that conversation.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-has-been-down

Had I known I had an extra day I probably would have been home the past week logging in 1 extra day and gotten the mask rather than stay in the city working double shifts and sleeping over a friends house had I known and not lose motivation after thinking I failed after 19 logins.

Honestly I didn't even care about the rest of the prizes. If I did then I wouldn't have tried for the Chocobo mask. So I purposely didn't care to claim anything else.

Btw I'm not crying or whining. I'm just sharing my opinion on why I think this event was a disappointment and why I believe it was not organized properly. I've already sucked it up the minute I found out and have accepted the fact there's nothing I can do about it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-06-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Daemon correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you complaining about the exact opposite thing not too long ago? About 'omg it takes 1 minute to log in' and yet here you are talking about not being able to play.
    (1)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    For about 5 minutes a day to login/logout? Cake. I don't even play most weekdays, but I still had 3800-4100 points or so spent on each of my mules + main.
    (1)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast