Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    As the manager of numerous IT projects including development of various software applications, I can tell you this much. This level of communication and or usage of end user input would not bode well for my career.

There's a million different ways they could remedy this. I already named my favorite, which is adding / increasing the rewards in the form of new currencies like bayld / plasm. They could also make these drop craft items for equivalent gear, or make it possible to sell the gear so that it is worth repeating or make it possible to trade the gear to an npc in some exchange system IE. trade 5 bullets for 1 weapon etc. etc.

Releasing / leaving it like this is silly because you just know that if you don't get all the gear in the first few week, the odds increase dramatically that they will either make it super easy to get right after you finish busting ass to obtain it, or they will release something that renders it obsolete right after you obtain it.

It was annoying, but expected when they released gear that was 2% better than whatever piece you had worked a year on, but it still felt worth it cuz it was only 2% worse and it was probably gonna take a long time to get the next piece anyways, so it wasn't like the piece wouldn't see some use. Now they release a piece that's 50%-100% better every month or two, so if you don't get the first drop right off the bat, you may as well wait for the next one to come out.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    As the manager of numerous IT projects including development of various software applications, I can tell you this much. This level of communication and or usage of end user input would not bode well for my career.

There's a million different ways they could remedy this. I already named my favorite, which is adding / increasing the rewards in the form of new currencies like bayld / plasm. They could also make these drop craft items for equivalent gear, or make it possible to sell the gear so that it is worth repeating or make it possible to trade the gear to an npc in some exchange system IE. trade 5 bullets for 1 weapon etc. etc.

Releasing / leaving it like this is silly because you just know that if you don't get all the gear in the first few week, the odds increase dramatically that they will either make it super easy to get right after you finish busting ass to obtain it, or they will release something that renders it obsolete right after you obtain it.

It was annoying, but expected when they released gear that was 2% better than whatever piece you had worked a year on, but it still felt worth it cuz it was only 2% worse and it was probably gonna take a long time to get the next piece anyways, so it wasn't like the piece wouldn't see some use. Now they release a piece that's 50%-100% better every month or two, so if you don't get the first drop right off the bat, you may as well wait for the next one to come out.
    Yeah I agree
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-09-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Player
    Have an idea ill post as a new thread
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-09-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Character
    Thorbean
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbean View Post
    Thanks for putting me on stage. Although the lighting must be from party city. You don't have photoshop?

(0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-09-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Character
    Neraya
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    After an 1h30 fight against Hurkan, got 25k Bayld from overall evaluation, 2250 Bayld as a reward at end with a pretty common Velkk Mask and ... nothing.

Yes, I probably got the grip or the axe and since I had them both already, nothing drop I know. For the worst part, those two item are useless to me and yes I already did the quest and took the Great Axe (seems I shouldn't have despite loving it).
    (0)
    Tarutaru eater is here !

Player
    Honestly I could care less if you want to make fun of me. I've written 2 guides, posted several ideas to the DEV team in hopes of helping them see our concerns just as the rest of the people who come here to complain, rant, and still complain after the Devs heard you, made adjustments to make it better than before the adjustment but still not good enough.

Difference is, I've been trying to present ideas, not show how ungrateful I am even though I may not think I'm satisfied by the new change, at least now I know to be patient and give them a chance. Yes I use to rush and rant before but now I'm seeing they are doing a better job which is why I was defending my opinions and tried to tell all of you what I was seeing, and why i think we should give them a chance.

I Interact with others and all I see is people like you when you trash another person which has nothing to do with the topic discussions. Which I find immature and pathetic unless you are a child. Because a reasonable adult wouldn't act like this.

What are you doing to help others other than trash people? You can hate me all you want but I have reasons to be on the forums just as you.

At least my reasons are to help others, help the Devs, and have some decency to be respectful in the process.

Yes I will debate with those asking for something unreasonable like "We deserve the best rare drop for spending 10 hours or 10 fights because we think it's unfair" I'd agree if it was a mediocre item but that's not the case.

If your idea of FFXI is to have it easy for you, my reasons for playing this game is the challenge, earn my items so I can actually enjoy what I've earned rather than feel like I wasted time putting endless hours for items people can get easily.

What's the point of having rares to begin with? Which is what I've been saying this entire time.

And because you don't agree with me, you find the need to take the extra step to put me under a spotlight and trash me.

Yes I have to proof read and have help correcting my post because my English is not very good. I'm Korean that's why.

Which is why you should know that people from different cultures will have differences and no one will think the same as you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-10-2013 at 03:02 AM.

Please, rare has just been a stamp in this game for years simply meaning that you could only hold one.

The grip is "rare" and yet people go 6/10 on it.

Every time we kill Tojil, he drops 2 swords or 2 oats, and those are rare too.

Edit: Pixie Earring is rare, but i'm 8/8 on that so far =p
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Please, rare has just been a stamp in this game for years simply meaning that you could only hold one.

The grip is "rare" and yet people go 6/10 on it.

Every time we kill Tojil, he drops 2 swords or 2 oats, and those are rare too.

Edit: Pixie Earring is rare, but i'm 8/8 on that so far =p
    But rare doesn't mean all of them are on the same level as each other.

Why else Fajun boots drop easier than Coruscanti? You give the example of 6/10. That's nothing compared to 1/30, 1/200, 1/600, or 1/2,000+. Difference is you are fighting a way harder boss.

Are these items mediocre compared to defending ring? Yet the cost to buy a King Behemoth pop, party requirement to hunt for defending ring. To me this is harder than attempting to fight something that drops better items with multiple chances of getting something plus earn a decent amount of Bayld back to play it again.

Wish KN give half the Gil back it cost to pop him.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-10-2013 at 03:39 AM.

That was exactly my point. Rare means nothing. Difficulty of the boss doesn't matter, it's how hard SE thinks we should work for drops.

When you're depending on the entire server to come together, play properly, on decently geared jobs, it's a pretty bad plan.
    (4)

Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast