Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70
    Player
    As I said before I see items like Tamaxchi the same as I see REM. which is special. Its items like Atinian staff that was made to be Gil potential and look at how that sets an example of value on the item?

Which I see SE adds both options in the update to have rare/ex and Gil potential items.

PS ill respond to your last post when I have time. I think we have a misunderstanding between each other. The arguments you and me are different topics, but it seems we are both arguing with the same agreements but misunderstanding the reason behind our debates.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-16-2013 at 03:55 AM.

Player
    Question. Did you read all of my previous replies about the difference between HNMs before and now? The difference between limit and no limit?

18 man limit vs WR? Because it does make a big difference.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    The example is not about the drops! The example was about making an event easier, therefore more items dropped faster and once everyone got everything they needed the event died.

See where your mind is? You only think about items and nothing else.

36 people was the entrance cap for each flux. If they were going to weaken all monsters and bosses to make it easier, they should have capped it lower.

People were defeating flux in less than 10 minutes after adjustments. Many people couldn't even go out and reenter fast enough to deal any damage and get max rewards.
    The example is about the drops. It's always about the drops. People weren't getting drops so they quit. They didn't quit because it was easy. They didn't quit because it was short. They quit because they weren't getting the rewards they wanted.

This isn't where my "mind is". It's where almost everyone's mind is. You and me can go do ballista and garrison for as long as the day is long. Everyone else is going to keep doing whatever gives them the item or merit point or stat or whatever other reward they want.

You can make the game the way people want it to be, but you cannot make the people the way the game wants them to be.

You want to change the minds of several hundred thousand people. It's far easier to change several hundred thousand lines of code.
    (3)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 09-16-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    The example is about the drops. It's always about the drops. People weren't getting drops so they quit. They didn't quit because it was easy. They didn't quit because it was short. They quit because they weren't getting the rewards they wanted.

This isn't where my "mind is". It's where almost everyone's mind is. You and me can go do ballista and garrison for as long as the day is long. Everyone else is going to keep doing whatever gives them the item or merit point or stat or whatever other reward they want.

You can make the game the way people want it to be, but you cannot make the people the way the game wants them to be.

You want to change the minds of several hundred thousand people. It's far easier to change several hundred thousand lines of code.
    You want to change the world in 1 day when it can't be changed in 1 day.

Changing lines of code maybe the easy part.

Analyzing the entire server, all events, and balancing where the majority of the players are at takes time.

Who's to say that only 500 out of 2,000 players per server is at WR while the other players are at Delve/Skirmish and all other areas of SoA?

What about the people trying to enter SoA? Is this not a concern to you?

Which priority comes first?

Adjusting code for your benefit today could be done but the question is, should the DEV TEAM only cater to you and the 500 players and forget about the rest of the people?

Then again if SoA is meant to cater to 10,000 people. DEV TEAM should direct the 2,500 players to only 1 event?

Furthermore just because you think 1 event is the only thing that matters doesn't mean the rest of the content is irrelevant to the DEV TEAM.

In order to direct players to WR, all other content has a purpose. Whether you disagree with me, players are needed for everything leading up to WR.

Then again if servers only have 300-500 people and 150 of those logged in are bazaar mules, would it not make sense to analyze every moment of the day to see where the issues in activity reside and then map out a solution?

How can this be done if you expect things to be altered according to your liking?

When adjustments are made, conditions always change everyday. This is why an adjustment will never be perfect.

Did you consider that maybe WR is not meant to be the only popular part of SoA? When you are controlling an entire MMORPG, ask yourself where do you intend to direct the group of people in your game. Then you figure out how you are going to balance out the areas of interest to make all parts of the content work.

Then again power based on tier progression, how does overall community power effect the content?

Shall we direct everyone to WR and make such powerful items easy to obtain that all other content tier progression gear becomes completely irrelevant?

DEV TEAM already announced they will implement better rewards and alternative ways to obtain WR items. What more do you want?

You still complain about an issue that's already been given an answer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-16-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You want to change the world in 1 day when it can't be changed in 1 day.

Changing lines of code maybe the easy part.

Analyzing the entire server, all events, and balancing where the majority of the players are at takes time.
    Except they don't have to do that to know how one event is working. Not only that, but there are really only three events. Not only that, but this is just an excuse. Anything to win an argument...

Who's to say that only 500 out of 2,000 players per server is at WR while the other players are at Delve/Skirmish and all other areas of SoA?
    Anybody who has actually looked... even once. And again. Just an excuse. Not real.

What about the people trying to enter SoA? Is this not a concern to you?
    Of course they are a concern for me. That's why I keep arguing against your terrible views. For them.

Which priority comes first?
    All of them. FFXI May be a small player base, but it is profitable and SE can afford to give it the staffing it needs.

Adjusting code for your benefit today could be done but the question is, should the DEV TEAM only cater to you and the 500 players and forget about the rest of the people?
    Nobody said they should. Nice try.

Then again if SoA is meant to cater to 10,000 people. DEV TEAM should direct the 2,500 players to only 1 event?
    Nobody said they should. Nice try.

Furthermore just because you think 1 event is the only thing that matters doesn't mean the rest of the content is irrelevant to the DEV TEAM.
    Nobody said it was the only thing that matters. Nice try.

In order to direct players to WR, all other content has a purpose. Whether you disagree with me, players are needed for everything leading up to WR.
    Okay, so on the one hand your saying that we must keep shitty drop rates or else everyone will quit WKR when they get what they want and on the other hand, you are saying we must make everyone quit WKR in order to help other people.

You should sort that out in your head. I mean really mull it over... and start over.

Then again if servers only have 300-500 people and 150 of those logged in are bazaar mules, would it not make sense to analyze every moment of the day to see where the issues in activity reside and then map out a solution?
    No, there is literally a forum full of the reasons. Time is of the essence. Slow response time has been one of the biggest factors in the decline.

How can this be done if you expect things to be altered according to your liking?
    I write what I like all over their website. If you can't read, how can you code? Think about it.

When adjustments are made, conditions always change everyday. This is why an adjustment will never be perfect.
    Oh, well in that case, let's just not even try right? I mean it's not gonna worek anyways... might as well just go watch reruns of Lavern and Shirley.

That's the attitude!

Did you consider that maybe WR is not meant to be the only popular part of SoA? When you are controlling an entire MMORPG, ask yourself where do you intend to direct the group of people in your game. Then you figure out how you are going to balance out the areas of interest to make all parts of the content work.
    Do you think you are some video game mastermind? Yes I considered that. There is a big difference between making it the "Only popular part" and the not being done at all part that it is now. Stop acting like it's all or nothing. It's not.

Then again power based on tier progression, how does overall community power effect the content?
    Gibberish.

Shall we direct everyone to WR and make such powerful items easy to obtain that all other content tier progression gear becomes completely irrelevant?
    Nobody asked to make WKR the only event. Stop making things up. And gear progression? That hasn't existed since SOA was released. They completely ruined it with this terrible Ilevel idea that everyone told them would suck.

DEV TEAM already announced they will implement better rewards and alternative ways to obtain WR items. What more do you want?
    For the event to not require 1/4 of my server to participate. There's less than 400 people logged in some days and even during JP prime time, it seems that most of them just log in for the log in event. There is still nothing going on.

You still complain about an issue that's already been given an answer.
    You complain just to complain.
    (5)

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70