Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Seriously take a closer look in town. I've seen people rocking Nakuul gear already. Quite a few in fact. To you it's unfair. To me I think it would be unfair if they made it easier than they already have.
    Oh so a few people got lucky, therefore the system works.

I spent over 6 months on Qilin and watched 4 other people get coruscanti twice, 7 people new to VW get it and pulse it my face. Half of the 7 didn't even need the dagger because they don't play any jobs to even use it. The other half didn't want the dagger because they needed the Gil instead..

Now VW is dead. After wasting all that time, Gil, cruor and you think I don't know what unfair is? O.o
    VW was stupid. Pulse items were way too rare. And Pulse weapons were beyond ridiculous. The drop rates were ludicrous and should not be used as the basis for any comparison to show "how good we have it now."

You can't expect to go to a beyonce concert expecting her to give you VIP passes, Sign and hand you a CD, Poster, Bring you on stage and give you the attention you want. Oh but the concert was too long and to wait for people to get inside, be seated? I only got a sticker.

Heck, Why can't everyone just appreciate the concert for what it is. Same way I see WR.

Again there are people out there who cannot even play WR yet because they are not even close to our level.
    Your analogy is bad and you should feel bad. Nobody is asking to get an item of their choosing the first try. People just want some assurance that they won't be after said item after the nth try. For some people that number is in the dozens. That is ridiculous for an event that:

A. Costs a not-so-insignificant amount of bayld (50-75k);
    B. Occurs at unpredictable times;
    C. Has an unpredictable duration;
    D. Can be sabotaged by a single player.

With out directly saying this. All of my post subtly means "Take it easy, slow down, why are you wanting to play the game so fast" Is what I was actually saying this whole time.
    This event has a limited shelf life. Interest will never be higher than it is now. When the Delve versions of Yumcax and Hurkan are released, the interest in Wildskeeper will pretty much die out completely. The most likely outcome is that people will never get the item they were after in time for it to still be a relevant piece of gear.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Oh so a few people got lucky, therefore the system works.

VW was stupid. Pulse items were way too rare. And Pulse weapons were beyond ridiculous. The drop rates were ludicrous and should not be used as the basis for any comparison to show "how good we have it now."

Your analogy is bad and you should feel bad. Nobody is asking to get an item of their choosing the first try. People just want some assurance that they won't be after said item after the nth try. For some people that number is in the dozens. That is ridiculous for an event that:

A. Costs a not-so-insignificant amount of bayld (50-75k);
    B. Occurs at unpredictable times;
    C. Has an unpredictable duration;
    D. Can be sabotaged by a single player.

This event has a limited shelf life. Interest will never be higher than it is now. When the Delve versions of Yumcax and Hurkan are released, the interest in Wildskeeper will pretty much die out completely. The most likely outcome is that people will never get the item they were after in time for it to still be a relevant piece of gear.
    Well then SE should go back and change all of the other content too according to what you are saying because all previous contents are the same. Rares don't drop easy and require time and effort.

All events have a limited shelf life. Players who get what they want and no longer play the event is what kills it.

And why should I feel bad? SE could have made Nakuuals pop once a week like HNMs. They could have made it so no one gets any Bayld back and loot only drop a certain amount where you are competing with X amount of people fighting over who's going to win the lot.

Thats IF any items drop only to wait another week real time. Competing NA/EU/JP/France/Germany/China/ against claiming the boss.

And yes someone did suggest making a gauranteed drop earlier in the post.

BGWIKI quote - "At the end of a successful Wildskeeper Reive, if the player participated enough to receive item rewards, they will receive one random crafting material and one of several available unique drops from the defeated Naakual, guaranteed."
    http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reive

I'm still not understanding why it needs to be made easier.

Am I the only person seeing that this event is not meant to be spammed like VW? That instead of making people wait 1 week real time for these bosses to randomly pop, the Devs are giving us the free ability to pop it ourselves but require us to make the event happen on our own??
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-07-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Player
    Seriously take a closer look in town. I've seen people rocking Nakuul gear already. Quite a few in fact. To you it's unfair. To me I think it would be unfair if they made it easier than they already have.
    This is the problem. That single word, that ideal, ease. This has nothing to do with ease, it has nothing to do with being to hard, if I came here and said Tojil is to hard, he keeps killing every Alliance I go with, that would be complaining about ease, my complaint is with pure, unpredictable, unavoidable, luck. I know some people have gear from it, I know a ton do, they were lucky, I know some horrible players who suck at the jobs they play, or flat out did not play the job before, and got gear drops from the WKs that they now use, they do not deserve them, but they got lucky with it. I know some people who do not play mage jobs, but got my Buremte Hat, Uk' Feet, TClub, and so on, but have no use for it. The fact of the matter is nothing to do with ease, its all about luck, that is my problem.

I spent over 6 months on Qilin and watched 4 other people get coruscanti twice, 7 people new to VW get it and pulse it my face. Half of the 7 didn't even need the dagger because they don't play any jobs to even use it. The other half didn't want the dagger because they needed the Gil instead..

Now VW is dead. After wasting all that time, Gil, cruor and you think I don't know what unfair is? O.o
    You know it, but you also defend it. You should not defend something which effected you in such a horrible way, you should fight it. Its stupid of anyone to be effected by something like SE's horrible luck systems such as these to not only get screwed by it countless times but then to turn around and defend those exact same practices. So was it unfair? Yes, and do you understand that? I assume so, but at the same time, you are supporting this kind of action being done to others right now, not something which happened before, but something that is happening currently. I went after Ephemeron from Aello, killed her probably 300 or so times, maybe more, never got the sword, saw a few people walk away with it as a Cell or the sword itself, but never got it personally. I knew the drop rate was bullshit then, and I know this drop rate is bullshit now. You seem to think this is fine for some reason even though you experienced something similar yet not as bad with VW and Qilin.

At least I'm seeing that the Devs are seriously trying to keep the fanbase busy. For 11 years up until SoA was released we never saw them release such powerful items. Compare to Mythic I still think our chances are way better.

Doing all ToAu missions/Assault missions to get captain rank first before you can even start the quest for mythic, Assault, Nyzul, NNI, Ein, VNM, 30k Alex, Besieged, Salvage vs WIldskeeper Reives?

I'm sorry but I'd rather appreciate the freedom the Devs gave us than complain.
    Mythics and WKs are not in any way related, or even close to one another. You are talking about something which can be kept track of on ones progress, something which can be slowly worked at, compared to WKs which are pure luck based on drops, and often completely underwhelming on rewards.

You can't expect to go to a beyonce concert expecting her to give you VIP passes, Sign and hand you a CD, Poster, Bring you on stage and give you the attention you want. Oh but the concert was too long and to wait for people to get inside, be seated? I only got a sticker.

Heck, Why can't everyone just appreciate the concert for what it is. Same way I see WR.
    So I am supposed to go to a Yumcax fight, go through my 10 long hour battle of anger, disappointment, and failure, and then walk away with my Arrowwood Log, and look back on it as an enjoyable experience? Fuck no! If you are talking about a concert I would go to it, enjoy myself, and the wait at the start as well as know when it starts, know when it ends, and know what I am walking away with, an enjoyable time more than likely. Again you act as though I simply want to talk into the WK and instantly be given all of the drops on a platter. No, I want to be rewarded for my time, Bayld, and effort, rather than being screwed with an item worth an amazing 5 gil for my time.

This is where I'm seriously not understanding why no one appreciates this.
    I am seriously not understanding why its difficult to understand peoples anger at the prospect of spending countless hours attempting and failing to kill a single NM over and over for half a day just so it can give you something of 0 value. You know what was nice about VW? It fucked you, but you walked away with something, the battles were fast, easy, could be spammed, and even if the rate was worse, it was much easier. WKs have a high cost to enter, give you jack shit if your unlucky, not even gil items like VW, are slow as shit, take a ton of people, and are not spam-able in any way because as you point out, even if I go get myself a ton of Bayld so I can spam it, I have to wait for all of the other people to get their Bayld too just so I can go out and waste my time again.
    (4)

Player
    BGWIKI quote - "At the end of a successful Wildskeeper Reive, if the player participated enough to receive item rewards, they will receive one random crafting material and one of several available unique drops from the defeated Naakual, guaranteed."
    http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reive

I'm still not understanding why it needs to be made easier.
    Because as people keep saying, and you keep failing to understand, if you get a repeat drop you get nothing at all. I can go do Yumcax 15 more times and get nothing but the damn Ranged Neck, over, and over, and over. You are guaranteed 1 drop, yes, 1 drop, but here is the problem, Rare drops do not drop again if you have them already, ever, from anything in the game, this is included, so if you get a Rare drop again it gives you nothing, thus, the issue.
    (2)

Character
    Thorbean
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    @Deamon:

How many WK have you done exactly? Did you get the drop you were after on the first try? Have you had the misfortune of repeatedly spamming the same WK and getting an item useable by a job that is still lvl 1 and unused over and over?
    My partner has been going to every hurkan fight possible and walked away with the bullet... every... single... time.

I was lucky, Yumcax dropped the GA on my first run (ew, no thanks.) and Hurkan dropped the grip (again, not what i wanted but whatever).
    After that I "purchased" (chose from order up) the gloves from Yumcax and got the hat from Hurkan on my next fight (/hurray). I won't dare attempt any of these fights again. Not because I have the items I need (I'd love the mage gear too), not because I don't have the bayld, but because the chances of actually getting rewarded for my time/effort are drastically reduced now. Do you not understand that?

Congrats on spamming Qilin. How many times did you spend fighting it repeatedly for hours on end only to walk away with a single log and nothing else?
    No matter what way you look at it, you usually always walk away with something you can sell and make some gil on. If you don't it's not like you actually lost anything and it didn't take half a day to kill (you get ~20-30 chances at the item you want from VW in the same time it takes to kill a WK once). WK reives don't even cover the cost of the KI in bayld and can repeatedly drop the same item, over and over, and over and over... Also, don't start bringing up the cost of cells as you will make enough cruor in 1 run to cover the cost of cells and still be in cruor profit. People who didn't need coruscanti from Qilin still participated as there are other rewards and you can make gil in the process. Nobody will repeat WK reives once they have their items because the selling point is:
    "Waste between 25 and 50k bayld for a log and the possibility of nothing else."

If you are already holding the item you initially roll during a WK reive, you should get a re-roll from a pool that includes the items you don't have and some high value ingots/materials etc.
    Edit: I believe DemonJustin also suggested having the crafting mats from delve bosses also drop from WK's, this would be a good pool to put them in i guess.

The more I read your posts, the more I suspect you just like reading your own words, and will argue against anything if it puts you in the spotlight for 5 minutes.
    (5)
    Last edited by Thorbean; 08-08-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    These things should reward you with even less balyd if any upon completion. Instead, people should get meywa plasm comparable to winning a boss fight (Based on participation just like the bayld is now of course). That would probably get everyone doing these things and no one would mind the trash drop rates or having to do them ten times.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    These things should reward you with even less balyd if any upon completion. Instead, people should get meywa plasm comparable to winning a boss fight (Based on participation just like the bayld is now of course). That would probably get everyone doing these things and no one would mind the trash drop rates or having to do them ten times.
    No thanks WKR is not Delve.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    This is the problem. That single word, that ideal, ease. This has nothing to do with ease, it has nothing to do with being to hard, if I came here and said Tojil is to hard, he keeps killing every Alliance I go with, that would be complaining about ease, my complaint is with pure, unpredictable, unavoidable, luck. I know some people have gear from it, I know a ton do, they were lucky, I know some horrible players who suck at the jobs they play, or flat out did not play the job before, and got gear drops from the WKs that they now use, they do not deserve them, but they got lucky with it. I know some people who do not play mage jobs, but got my Buremte Hat, Uk' Feet, TClub, and so on, but have no use for it. The fact of the matter is nothing to do with ease, its all about luck, that is my problem.

You know it, but you also defend it. You should not defend something which effected you in such a horrible way, you should fight it. Its stupid of anyone to be effected by something like SE's horrible luck systems such as these to not only get screwed by it countless times but then to turn around and defend those exact same practices. So was it unfair? Yes, and do you understand that? I assume so, but at the same time, you are supporting this kind of action being done to others right now, not something which happened before, but something that is happening currently. I went after Ephemeron from Aello, killed her probably 300 or so times, maybe more, never got the sword, saw a few people walk away with it as a Cell or the sword itself, but never got it personally. I knew the drop rate was bullshit then, and I know this drop rate is bullshit now. You seem to think this is fine for some reason even though you experienced something similar yet not as bad with VW and Qilin.

Mythics and WKs are not in any way related, or even close to one another. You are talking about something which can be kept track of on ones progress, something which can be slowly worked at, compared to WKs which are pure luck based on drops, and often completely underwhelming on rewards.

So I am supposed to go to a Yumcax fight, go through my 10 long hour battle of anger, disappointment, and failure, and then walk away with my Arrowwood Log, and look back on it as an enjoyable experience? Fuck no! If you are talking about a concert I would go to it, enjoy myself, and the wait at the start as well as know when it starts, know when it ends, and know what I am walking away with, an enjoyable time more than likely. Again you act as though I simply want to talk into the WK and instantly be given all of the drops on a platter. No, I want to be rewarded for my time, Bayld, and effort, rather than being screwed with an item worth an amazing 5 gil for my time.

I am seriously not understanding why its difficult to understand peoples anger at the prospect of spending countless hours attempting and failing to kill a single NM over and over for half a day just so it can give you something of 0 value. You know what was nice about VW? It fucked you, but you walked away with something, the battles were fast, easy, could be spammed, and even if the rate was worse, it was much easier. WKs have a high cost to enter, give you jack shit if your unlucky, not even gil items like VW, are slow as shit, take a ton of people, and are not spam-able in any way because as you point out, even if I go get myself a ton of Bayld so I can spam it, I have to wait for all of the other people to get their Bayld too just so I can go out and waste my time again.
    I think the difference between you and me is that I'm use to spamming a boss a million times from games like Ragnarok to earn a rare at 0.1 drop rate and know if you really want something you don't hunt it regardless of the spawn condition 10-15 times and complain.

Although items like Defending Ring is nice, are you people seriously telling me that Wildskeeper is worse????

Seriously I already told all of you it took me 10 years to finally get a Dalmatica +1. I don't feel like that was unfair because now that I got it, it's the best item I treasure most that means more than any other item I have.

And guess what? I never went back to Odin after I got my ABJ. I'm done with that. Which is exactly why I think people should be present over these events longer. Your presence helps others.

You know why I don't understand people's anger? It's been addressed already and it's still not good enough.

Complaining about the drop rate over items as powerful as these.

What happened to other aspects of the event? Partying with people and enjoying the game with friends, seeing the new changes the DEVs working hard to provide?

Appreciation?

Because at this point I'm only seeing more complaints.

July update I was disappointed and yes even I use to make rants too. But I'm seeing now that the Devs who even you agreed is a small team is actually making real progress in such a short time have adjusted several things to make the game better.

Did they not adjust the colonization rate so that it would last longer than people heading to a map and not being able to use waypoints because the rate was too low?

Did they not lower the amount of Bayld it takes to purchase a Ki? What about lowering the difficulty for colonization reives just so people could earn Bayld at a better rate?

Seriously had the Dev Team kept it 100k you all would be taking longer to play it than now.

Are you guys even reading my comments about why I think the event is better?

1. We don't have to sit and camp all day an entire week real time waiting for the boss to pop. (I've done this too many times)
    2. No competition over claiming the boss.
    3. Item is guaranteed. So you already have an item it drops. At least you have an item.
    4. You can earn half the Bayld you spend entering the fight back.

HNMs back in the day were horrible. Took hours to take down the boss and guess what? You has to compete over more than 34+ people over who gets to lot the items. Once per week. That's if any items dropped.

And that's "IF" your LS even claimed the boss.

At least SE gives us HMN back but with way better conditions. You guys say its not hard. It's too time consuming.

The event is nice. I only played it once but that's enough for me to say to all of you that I enjoy it. I don't expect to play it everyday nor do I wish to sit all day farming Bayld to play this event.

I see it as an event that I could play once in a while when I feel like it. Maybe not at the moment I want to but I see it as anything in life.

Sort of like gathering friends to travel out of state and visit Walt Disney or Six Flags.

The way I see you guys, as if you are expecting WR to be like VW or Abyssea when I see it as Fafnir, King Behemoth, Niddhog, Besieged, Kirin, JOV..

Difference with this, yes you actually have to plan with others to do the event together. Is that really so horrible? Planning to do something with friends?

You know DJ when you took me to Hurkan last week, I had such a great time I didn't care that I didn't get any items. Because the only thing on my mind was how much fun I had partying with you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-08-2013 at 03:39 AM.

Character
    Tyrion
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Turning it into a direct Bayld to Plasm transfer would be pretty fun way for SE to not create another blinker situation. I can get behind this. But still force a reroll on duplicate rares SE. It shouldn't be hard to do.
    (0)
    [Removed by Moderator due to size]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbean View Post
    @Deamon:

How many WK have you done exactly? Did you get the drop you were after on the first try? Have you had the misfortune of repeatedly spamming the same WK and getting an item useable by a job that is still lvl 1 and unused over and over?
    My partner has been going to every hurkan fight possible and walked away with the bullet... every... single... time.

I was lucky, Yumcax dropped the GA on my first run (ew, no thanks.) and Hurkan dropped the grip (again, not what i wanted but whatever).
    After that I "purchased" (chose from order up) the gloves from Yumcax and got the hat from Hurkan on my next fight (/hurray). I won't dare attempt any of these fights again. Not because I have the items I need (I'd love the mage gear too), not because I don't have the bayld, but because the chances of actually getting rewarded for my time/effort are drastically reduced now. Do you not understand that?

Congrats on spamming Qilin. How many times did you spend fighting it repeatedly for hours on end only to walk away with a single log and nothing else?
    No matter what way you look at it, you usually always walk away with something you can sell and make some gil on. If you don't it's not like you actually lost anything and it didn't take half a day to kill (you get ~20-30 chances at the item you want from VW in the same time it takes to kill a WK once). WK reives don't even cover the cost of the KI in bayld and can repeatedly drop the same item, over and over, and over and over... Also, don't start bringing up the cost of cells as you will make enough cruor in 1 run to cover the cost of cells and still be in cruor profit. People who didn't need coruscanti from Qilin still participated as there are other rewards and you can make gil in the process. Nobody will repeat WK reives once they have their items because the selling point is:
    "Waste between 25 and 50k bayld for a log and the possibility of nothing else."

If you are already holding the item you initially roll during a WK reive, you should get a re-roll from a pool that includes the items you don't have and some high value ingots/materials etc.
    Edit: I believe DemonJustin also suggested having the crafting mats from delve bosses also drop from WK's, this would be a good pool to put them in i guess.

The more I read your posts, the more I suspect you just like reading your own words, and will argue against anything if it puts you in the spotlight for 5 minutes.
    I've only done Hurkan once. Look what you are saying. How many even have 1 drop that you have? Personally I don't have any items from WR yet.

Your standards are way too high if you think your chances are too low. You already got a good few items tells me that its not impossible to get something.

What's the point in having rare items if people expect them to be easy to obtain? Surely I can't be the only person who appreciates this.

Even though I never got a coruscanti I'm ok with that. I still had fun making friends, spending time with various people trying to earn something we all wanted but you see the difference? I don't care about items. I care about the experience. Yeah it sucked I spammed Qilin 2,000+ times and got crap but I still use my Fajin boots and I did make Gil to allow me to keep playing the event than waste all my time farming and taking a break from it.

And thanks for judging me. I don't come to the forums to be in the spotlight. I actually thought you were a cool person. If you and the 3 people who hit like agree with you then I don't mind staying off the forums trying to help others.

It's sad because I see you all the time in game. And if you really knew me then you'd know I spend about 75% of my insane time helping others including joining events like Taxet to help people get Ki even though I already have it. And yes I even pass all items too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-08-2013 at 03:58 AM.

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast