Player

Elemental Magic Tranquil Heart

Now that elemental magic does more damage, can we see a version of this for BLM to lower enmity more on our magic damage? Much like WHM is a squishy job on the backlines, so is BLM, but BLM is supposed to be doing damage just like DDs, and to be able to stand up to a DD in damage means being able to pull hate off them all the same from the enmity our damage generates. So can we see a job trait to lower enmity based on our elemental magic in order to solve this problem?
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    We do need something like this... but it needs to go past the -50 enmity cap. Or maybe something like decoy shot where you can temporarily transfer some or all of the enmity you would gain to someone else.

Maybe like something that has a duration as long as it's recast but it also wears off once you deal so much total dmg. After which you wait for recast, take the hate, or stick to AM
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    We do need something like this... but it needs to go past the -50 enmity cap.
    This is part of why I said it should be like Tranquil Heart, because it does bypass the enmity cap & is -1 enmity for every 20 skill. For BLM, it would mean a natural -21 Enmity with capped skills before merits or gear which bypasses the cap, which would go a long way for allowing a BLM to keep up with DDs while not taking hate, and getting the back line killed. Also I would love for RDM & SCH to get this trait too, just like with Tranquil Heart, since just like White Magic, both jobs have an affinity for this type of magic as well, simply not as high.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well let me be more specific let it add with regular -enmity instead of be multiplicative. Also tranquil heart is weird. Last testing I saw was 1 per 10 skill but it had a min cap and then once you reach a certain skill lvl it starts going up at 10 per lvl. My own testing at low 300s had it at 10. The stuff I see on ah only has higher lvl but it shows -1enmity per 10 skill in the 400s capping at 500 skill. I'd guess that it is -10 from 0-350 then starts rising. So would be 17 at blm natural cap....

But either way it really needs to be additive otherwise you are only really getting half of your potential. And well generally per mob to be useful a blm has to do more dmg then a whm has to cure lol. Should update the elemental debuffs to where they can get some really high dots maybe too
    (1)

Player
    Enimity douse. You're the magic version of a warrior or Drk.. you are in it for the big hits! if you are worried about enimity start focusing on consistent damage with lower tier spells and augment that with Dot's
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Enimity douse. You're the magic version of a warrior or Drk.. you are in it for the big hits! if you are worried about enimity start focusing on consistent damage with lower tier spells and augment that with Dot's
    That's a 10minute recast though, and with the speed someone can cap hate still, especially on the back lines who takes no damage, and the fact that to keep up with DDs you have to be able to keep nuking no matter if you cap hate or not(which you will if doing as well as DDs) so yeah... not exactly a final solution.
    (1)