World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Fishing Bug?

Platform:
    I play on a Windows PC.

ISP:
    I have Verizon Fios at home and also play on a separate AT&T network connection when I travel.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Verizon Fios is Optic Fiber and AT&T is DSL.

Internet Connection Speed:
    Upload 15MB and Download 15 MB for Verizon and 8MB and 3MB for AT&T

Date & Time:
    August 2, 2013 (10:00 AM - 1:00PM CST)

Frequency:
    This bug has been going on for 3 days now.

Character Name:
    Baek

Race:
    Elvaan Male

World:
    Lakshmi

Main Job:
    Whm 99

Support Job:
    BLM 45

Area and Coordinates:
    Beaucedine Glacier/Port Jueno (Coordinates varies as moved to different locations)

Party or Solo:
    Solo

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    None

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    I arrived to Beaucedine Glacier at 10:00 AM CST and began to fish. I fished up 23 Hakuryu's with Sardine Balls and then I attempted to fish up the 24th fish and the game said "Did not catch anything" several times. I then attempted to move to new location and had the same problem as if I had reached the fishing cap of 200. The previous day I was able to fish up 50 Hakuryu's before getting the same "Did not catch anything" message. The previous day before this I was able to catch approximately 73 Hakuryu's. I never reached 200 cap fishing per day in any of these days and still have to wait til Japanese Midnight even before my character is able to fish. Before this bug I was able to catch 200 fish and this last week it seems I am the only person that can't reach the 200 limit.
    I spoke with several GM's in the game regarding this issue and they didn't offer any help and told me to look on forums which I did but didn't find any help regarding my issue. I have tried zoning and attempting in Port Jueno to catch other fish and still can't seem to catch anything. I restarted my computer and even used another computer and still having the same issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by Baek; 08-03-2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Following the Guidelines

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Define several times. It's perfectly normal for me to not get a bite for over an hour in a row.

Other problems could be some of your fishing done on a character under lvl 20 or um catching them to uh fast. Both are generally marked with very quickly increasing fatigue noted by the recast time between you catching and being able to cast your line again increasing much faster than normal
    (0)

Character
    Baek
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    This bug is still occuring as I never meet the fish limit cap of 200 fish per earth day. It still continues to give me the message that Did not catching anything. It is frustrating because I can't fish to cap with this bug. How is it that you go so long without a bite when you never reach the cap for the day? I need help with this issue as none of my friends in game are experiencing this issue. Even my other character doesn't have an issue it is just this character.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    There are too many people fishing, and there are no fish left.
    (4)

Character
    Baek
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Worse sarcasm ever. This is a major issue as it hinders the game mechanics.
    (0)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    Was it lightningsday? Fish don't bite then
    (1)

Character
    Baek
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Revision of same problem

Nope. It was Darksday. And this problem is actually occuring to me right now on Firesday. I reached my cap "SUPPOSELY" after only fishing up 23 Hakuryu's. I started at Japanese Midnight which is 10:00 AM CST and only caught 23 fish all day and can't catch anymore. This is the bug I have been dealing with. I can fish with my other character though with no problem on a separate computer to 200 easily on black soles and other fish.

Date: 8/21/13
    Time: 3:00 PM CST
    Zone: Beaucedine
    Fish Target: Hakuryu

Started fishing today @ 10 AM CST which is Japanese Midnight time reset and the previous day I didn't fish at all. I reached 35 Hakuryu's and then couldn't fish anymore more fish. Zoned and went to Port Jueno to attempt to fish bastore sardine's and received the message "Did not catch anything" for 100 straight casts.
    (0)
    Last edited by Baek; 08-22-2013 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Problem occured once again.