Thread: Mr. Matsui

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Granted, FFXIAH is not very accurate, but right now it shows 30 Enchidna's, 18 Donderbuss, 5 Pamun and 15 Sharur in existence. Are those even worth discussing? Personally, I would describe recommending a weapon of which there are only 5 in existence across all servers as a viable AH option as "poorly researched". But to each his own. I mean none of the weapons you listed even exist on my server with the exception of the GS. Why would you even mention that stuff?
    I mentioned them to respond to YOUR question, so please stop being facetious.

Anyway, the scarcity of stuff like Pamun and Sharur probably has more to do with the fact that few people play or gear NIN anymore, likewise DD WHM or Club DD PLD. RNG's niche lately is the Delve Bee, and for that event RNGs are still using Annihilators for lower enmity damage. Your Echidna's information may not be accurate anyway. In July, 8 Echidna's have been sold on the AH on my server alone since it relies on a Meeble Burrows mat. One is in a bazaar right now for 12M.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many of them exist. It only matters that people know about them as an alternative, and that they are at least obtainable with a modicum of effort. Which relates back to my earlier response to Demon. The boss mats are flooding the AH at 5M or under, so those aren't the problem. The only scarce materials are the Ormolu Ingots and Scarletite Ingots, and some of the synths don't require those (mostly the mage stuff like Balsam Staff and Atinian Staff).

Interestingly, AH.com reports something like ~300 Senbaak Nagans owned across all servers. That takes Scarletite Ingots, so obviously they ARE being generated with a degree of regularity. People are making the crafted weapons. They are just making particular ones, and it looks like it corresponds to the popularity of the respective job.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mahoro; 08-06-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    Because it doesn't matter how many of them exist. It only matters that people know about them and that they are at least obtainable with a modicum of effort. Which relates back to my earlier response to Demon. The boss mats are flooding the AH at 5M or under, so those aren't the problem. The only scarce materials are the Ormolu Ingots and Scarletite Ingots, and some of the synths don't require those (mostly the mage stuff like Balsam Staff and Atinian Staff).

In July, 8 Echidna's have been sold on the AH on my server alone since it relies on a Meeble Burrows mat, and one is in a bazaar right now for 12M.

(Interestingly, in July, 12 Senbaak Nagan's have been sold on the AH on my server. That takes Scarletite Ingots, so obviously they ARE being generated with a degree of regularity.)
    It's all about time too. I mean no one can expect new items to be available to the economy right away. SoA hasn't been out THAT long. The way I see it, remember when scrolls like Thunder V, Comet were 10mil+ but overtime more and more became available to the point that price has dropped to 10-20k. We just need to wait

Also people are currently doing SoA because its new. I think after awhile it will die down and people will go back to exploring other parts of the game once people get a few of the newer items.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-06-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    I mentioned them to respond to YOUR question, so please stop being facetious.

Anyway, the scarcity of stuff like Pamun and Sharur probably has more to do with the fact that few people play or gear NIN anymore, likewise DD WHM or Club DD PLD. RNG's niche lately is the Delve Bee, and for that event RNGs are still using Annihilators for lower enmity damage. Your Echidna's information may not be accurate anyway. In July, 8 Echidna's have been sold on the AH on my server alone since it relies on a Meeble Burrows mat. One is in a bazaar right now for 12M.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many of them exist. It only matters that people know about them as an alternative, and that they are at least obtainable with a modicum of effort. Which relates back to my earlier response to Demon. The boss mats are flooding the AH at 5M or under, so those aren't the problem. The only scarce materials are the Ormolu Ingots and Scarletite Ingots, and some of the synths don't require those (mostly the mage stuff like Balsam Staff and Atinian Staff).

Interestingly, AH.com reports something like ~300 Senbaak Nagans owned across all servers. That takes Scarletite Ingots, so obviously they ARE being generated with a degree of regularity. People are making the crafted weapons. They are just making particular ones, and it looks like it corresponds to the popularity of the respective job.
    Look, I know that I'm being somewhat of a smart ass, but the reality is that these items are crafted with boss drops and as such are extremely rare. As you pointed out, hundreds of GS have been made. That's because they are for the popular jobs. Hopefully this update will allow people to procure enough materials to stop focusing on the GS only and start actually making stuff for less popular jobs.
    (1)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Fair enough. I know boss mats are flooding my server's AH. The primary bottleneck appears to be Scarletite and Ormolu Ingots. Mileage may vary by server, but I do Legion fairly often and can say that the Ormolu rate is not bad for those groups who want to do it. There is a steady stream on Lakshmi, but people are trying to gouge at the moment. I hope these mats become more widespread.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Look, I know that I'm being somewhat of a smart ass, but the reality is that these items are crafted with boss drops and as such are extremely rare. As you pointed out, hundreds of GS have been made. That's because they are for the popular jobs. Hopefully this update will allow people to procure enough materials to stop focusing on the GS only and start actually making stuff for less popular jobs.
    For a couple of weeks now I'm sitting with the materials to make Artinian staff and had no luck finding a crafter. I still want to know how do you trust a complete stranger with millions of Gil worth of materials and what do you do if the crafter HQ the item?
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    For a couple of weeks now I'm sitting with the materials to make Artinian staff and had no luck finding a crafter. I still want to know how do you trust a complete stranger with millions of Gil worth of materials and what do you do if the crafter HQ the item?
    I guess you find a crafter with loot, sell him the mats at the going value of the finished item and then buy back the item at the same price when he's done? That way worst case scenario (IE. he HQs and won't give it to you) at least you don't lose your money, just the potential profit.

Although, I doubt that's very likely...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    as long as you state that trade is for him to craft the item in exchange for gil or w/e in the chat logs and they agree to it, if they run off with item can report it to a GM
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    as long as you state that trade is for him to craft the item in exchange for gil or w/e in the chat logs and they agree to it, if they run off with item can report it to a GM
    If that happens, I just hope GMs won't be like "Well there's nothing we can do about this, you did choose to trust the other person with your items."

Like other games do..
    (1)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's often been said that GMs look at chat log agreements as binding and they will address such player concerns once they've back-read the chat records.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    It's often been said that GMs look at chat log agreements as binding and they will address such player concerns once they've back-read the chat records.
    It would be nice to get an official statement on whether or not this is true.

*hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink SE*
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast