Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Best place to skill up RUN?

So I've been trying to find a place to skill up RUN for some time now and I can't find a spot where I can get consistent skill ups. In abyssea with capped haste, a decent amount of DA/TA gear, Apoc, and a cor buddy giving me fighters and blitzers and with skillup food I still get maybe 1 skill up every 5 minutes. Is there a place that gives consistent GS skill? I'm at 302 before merits atm, parry is 314 - does anyone have any tips?
    (0)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I skilled in Abby Altepa on the black mandies. Use the correct skill up food and use -pdt set, I used Dux, and grab like three at first. Also use a lower damage GS so you don't kill them too quickly. As your parry goes up, so should your GS skill. Then just add more mandies as your parry skill goes up.
    (0)

If you're determined to skill up on RUN, I'd do it in Zeruhn mines, personally. Not only are the mobs there DC so you can cap out, but if you do GoV, you'll get skill up rate bonuses. You also have a chance to find the skill up ring in a chest^^

Alternatively, if you have WAR levelled, use retalliation in abyssea as /dnc and kill a few mandies or frogs at a time for fast GS skill.

Or, if you have PLD levelled, go PLD/DNC (for easy cures), PLD/SCH (for stoneskin), PLD/WAR (defender) or PLD/BLU (cocoon) and grab a few mandies or frogs. You can probably grab more on PLD than you can on WAR, but PLD is better for skilling parrying, whereas WAR is better for skilling great sword due to all the extra hits form retalliation.

If you're solo in abyssea, use regen atmas to allow grabbing more mobs.

Once you get into the higher 300s on skill, I would suggest killing the mandies in yahse hunting grounds. I spent 2 hours there and got 4 yahse humus (~50k gil each) and 9 levels of parrying, with no skillup gear or food. (I was ~400 skill before merits). I did this on RUN, too. If you have 5/5 Battuta you'll start to hit ~50% parry rate and that's where the big skillups come in. The update to allow skillups even when you don't parry is great, but you get way more chance of skillups if you actually do parry.
    (1)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    As Babe mentioned, Adoulin will likely be your best bet because Ionis gives an increase to skill up rate as well as a ready supply of high level monsters to take you all the way to cap. Beyond that, grab -PDT and a level 1 GS and hide away with 5 or more Aby-altepa mandies. With high regen atma, you can then walk away and take a nap or something for 2 hours (or more if you farmed TEs).
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Change to war or pld, get a merc sword.
    (0)

Player
    i skill up in vunkerl inlet S just north west of the bridge on DC crabs. they don't link, (most of them) dont hit that hard, and they give great skill ups. plus if you do die, a pixie roams the area and can raise, or cure you
    (0)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    I always skill in zeruhn. The book gives skill boosts and buffs and if you run out of food the ah is right outside.
    (0)