Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Is there a reason you hate BLMs?

BLMs are completely useless in Adoulin. Not only does no one want them for alliance content, but they can't even do a whole lot in the new Reives. I'm actually fighting Yumcax right now, watching SMNs and CORs do tons of elemental damage per hit, and my BLM (which boasts an inordinate amount of MACC+ gear as well as tons of MATK+ and some MDMG+) can't go over 550 dmg even with Elemental Seal.

So I'm asking, in all seriousness, is there some reason why you guys decided that you hate BLMs? Or was it just something you decided to do at the last minute?
    (3)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It's probably more of a dt issue then macc. Don't more most jobs are having the same problem.
    (0)

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    CORs (Quick Draw) and SMNs can consistently deal over 1k dmg to Yumcax, without Elemental Seal my BLM couldn't go over 100 dmg, with Elemental Seal I couldn't go over 550 dmg...

DDs these days have no problems dealing damage... BLM can only deal good dmg to select mobs in this level range of content, and the fact that we easily steal hate and have to rest MP if we want to keep up with DDs means that BLMs are useless in this content. You can't get good evaluations in reives with BLM, you have to pretend you're a WHM and just heal people... Go ahead, give it a shot... You'll quickly find that trying to use offensive magic is risky if you can actually deal decent damage and it's always a waste of MP.
    (2)

Player
    In all honesty I find it horrible how stupid they are with this job, or rather, magic damage in general. Back when they originally talked about the magic damage update magic damage sounded like it would become a useful type of damage, like BLM might be useful again, but no. They gave us weapons with twice our old damage, and basically made BLM twice as good thanks to lower costs & higher damage while keeping MP & recast low or lower than before. Some mobs, we can nuke fine on, others, like WKs, are fucking terrible. On RDM/SCH with Dark Arts up I had my GF(BLM/RDM) put Elemental Seal Burn on Yumcax, to lower its INT, and then threw Impact on it as well, after which we both spammed nukes at it, we are not gimp, we have some great gear, but even with us both sporting quite higher end gear we were unable to hit for more than even a 100 with our strongest spells while these enfeeblings were on Yumcax. It was a pathetic experience, one which proved to us both that BLM, or rather nuking in general, was still shit on. No matter the rate of the area & DT of the NM, we would have been casting T4 & T5 spells which would be hitting for under 500 damage(20% rate means -80% DT, under 100 times 5 = under 500) which is stupidly low damage for a mage.
    (4)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I think SE still has magic evasion screwed up on certain mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RushLynx View Post
    CORs (Quick Draw) and SMNs can consistently deal over 1k dmg to Yumcax, without Elemental Seal my BLM couldn't go over 100 dmg, with Elemental Seal I couldn't go over 550 dmg...
    WR mobs have DT affected by colo rate
    yorcia map is stupidly useless and nobody reive there=>low colo rate

=> your damage are lowered

QD ignore DT=> they deal same dmg no matter col rate

tldr:/cry I fight a mob that have -50~-75%dmg taken and get out damaged by some ja that ignore DT!
    (0)

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    WR mobs have DT affected by colo rate
    yorcia map is stupidly useless and nobody reive there=>low colo rate

=> your damage are lowered

QD ignore DT=> they deal same dmg no matter col rate

tldr:/cry I fight a mob that have -50~-75%dmg taken and get out damaged by some ja that ignore DT!
    You didn't address SMN's elemental BP consistently dealing 2-3x more damage than a BLM's nukes, and I know for a fact that QD damage can be resisted just like any other magic damage. You are the first person I've ever seen claim that QD ignores DT- effects.

Colonization rate in this area was a little over 40% (41-42%) most of the fight. Let's say a teir 5 nuke usually does 3k damage, at 40% damage that's 1.2k... So try again, explain why those same nukes couldn't go over 100 dmg in actuality, and even with Elemental Seal the damage was still less than half of that. Is it MDB, that would be understandable but I think I have more than enough MAB to counteract it to the extent that a SMN could.

My BLM's Unbuffed Stats:
    171 INT, 459 Elemental Magic Skill, +153 Magic Attack Bonus, +42 Magic Accuracy
    (0)
    Last edited by RushLynx; 08-03-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RushLynx View Post
    You didn't address SMN's elemental BP consistently dealing 2-3x more damage than a BLM's nukes, and I know for a fact that QD damage can be resisted just like any other magic damage. You are the first person I've ever seen claim that QD ignores DT- effects.

Colonization rate in this area was a little over 40% (41-42%) most of the fight. Let's say a teir 5 nuke usually does 3k damage, at 40% damage that's 1.2k... So try again, explain why those same nukes couldn't go over 100 dmg in actuality, and even with Elemental Seal the damage was still less than half of that. Is it MDB, that would be understandable but I think I have more than enough MAB to counteract it to the extent that a SMN could.

My BLM's Unbuffed Stats:
    171 INT, 459 Elemental Magic Skill, +153 Magic Attack Bonus, +42 Magic Accuracy
    QD has always ignored DT so let's put QD aside for now. Yes it can resist but it has always proven to be inherently much more accurate. Probably partly in due to the fact there isn't alot of mab gear for it that doesn't also have agi/macc and some slots don't have any good mab gear so they just use macc/agi to improve it.

As for smner it's hard to say without exact numbers but I can tell you personally that smn without the new equipment that bumps there lvl up to 113 they are doing double digit dmg too. Not alot of testing has been done on it but from general reports it seems to be doing alot

So let's address what I can so far. I don't believe there has been any testing on yumcax or even really wkr in general to give an exact colo rate to -dt or -mdt so it might be more than -60%. The fact that you were getting almost 4X the dmg with elemental seal suggest your macc is actually really really bad for those mobs. Which makes sense considering it was designed at content lvl 115 and from the sounds of it you are using a bit less than that. Also what exact nukes were you using elemental seal? Also which blood pacts being used?

In the end this isn't anything blm specific. QD has always been like this which is why cor is so wanted for these events. While it seems like smn is doing alot go to a 100% hurkan run and watch them do 4-5k bps and you will seem there dmg is being gimped here too it's just that ammo is pretty damn good. I often melee while I'm tanking and I pretty much never connect because it's evasion is so high. But when I do it's often single digit dmg. Everyones dmg (except qd) is super gimped with low colo rate just some are doing more to begin with and/or are more accurate to begin with
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-03-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Which makes sense considering it was designed at content lvl 115 and from the sounds of it you are using a bit less than that.
    I was RDM/SCH with Dark Arts up and nuking with this set but still did about as bad if not worse than Valflux was. My gear is comprised of a level 113 Staff, 109 Grip, 100 Hands & Legs, as well as a Delve Back piece which has no level on it. My gear should be more than enough to damage this NM reasonably, unless we are expected to have either A, a set just for this NM and its stupid high Magic EVA/MDB, or B, we are supposed to have the gear from this NM, the gear with a lot of Magic Acc & INT on it already, before we kill it, to get the gear it drops, which we need to kill it. If its A, that's stupid because we should not need to make special sets just for a single NM we will probably do only a few times, while other jobs do so much more with so much less, and if its B, then its chicken or the egg, a situation which should never arise in this game with these NMs...
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Actually you just have to wait a few days until the update. They recognized that most recent updates content lvl was kinda out of whack with previous. So that staff for example is gain a whopping 120 macc on top of some more magic dmg though supposedly loses some MAB
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast